What's new

Final Character Select Screen Confirmed

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Batshit conspiracy theory ahoy:

A kind of character symmetry is at work on the select screen. This is rough, but...observe:

Top left, top right: Kung Lao, Kung Jin, family
Second right, second left: Jax, Jacqui: family
Third right, third left: Sonya, Cassie: family
Fourth right, fourth left: Kenshi, Takeda: family
Fifth right, fifth left: Kitana, Mileena: Family (technically)
Sixth right, sixth left: Scorpion and Sub-Zero - mortal enemies, traditionally

There's not too much going on on the bottom level:

Bottom left, bottom right: Shinnok, Goro, MK4 boss figures.
(And if you wanna be funny, second left, second right - Kano, Quan Chi - both previously played by Richard Divizio :p)

But there are SOME relations when considering adjacent characters on both levels:

Sonya, Johnny: family
Kitana, Liu Kang: Often paired together as lovers
Scorpion, Ermac: Ninja subgroup
Sub-Zero: Reptile: Ninja subgroup

It'd be impossible to directly tie absolutely everyone together for every case, but there's an obvious intent going on here IMO.

Only person without any possibility of a partner is Kotal, whom the ? block is immediately above.

Remember that Trophy/Achievment "There Is a Ruler?" Remember whose armor was in the image?

Emperors adjacent, perhaps?

I wouldn't say with 100% certainty, but fucking so much is building to it. Ermac has his soul. His armor is in the Netherrealm. They seem to be trying to grow him a new body.

One thing's for certain: If it ain't Shao Kahn, I'm pretty sure that ? block is reserved for whoever DOES become Emperor.
Excellent analysis. perhaps the big bad could be playable after all?

Seeing as how the Androgynous characters moves are spread across, Jacqui, Jax, and Cassie, it's kinda hard to shoehorn the characters into existence by way of second DLC pack. People should just live with the roster as how it is.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I think it might be random select. Unless they're having it like MK9 where you press 1 and can Hidden cursor, change presets, and random select. I heard that DLC and character unlocks will be in a third row.

You should know by now that will never happen. Just Google injustice and red hood or street fighter and Karin or mkx and fujin.
It goes down like this. Rationale + Internet Opinions = Fuck You. Yeah, sometimes I wonder why I try to hold out hope on polite acceptance of character lists lol

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Yea same here. In a game where a father can murder his child................i mean that is a little....fucked up.
Hey...if my Dad could kill me and I would still be ready for work soon after, like in MK...it's no big deal.

Gamer68

Fujin!
I like it. Plenty of returning characters (the original 7 is back!) and plenty of new characters. I think something people forgot, is that NetherRealm wanted to add a bunch of new characters while also adding in klassics. They said that from the beginning. This game is no MK9; this is the next generation... with plenty of klassics still.

But anyway, I would rather have 8 new characters than to have 8 characters we've been playing as for years... especially after MK9. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to see Fujin and Havik, but you know, it isn't a big deal like some people are making it out to be... April 14th, get here quick, please!!

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
There hasn't been a random select button in the last two games, why would they add one now? The question mark spot is for the unlockable. I though that was common knowledge by now but oh well...
There wasn't a "button" for random in MK9 or Injustice, but you could definitely random select in both games.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
There wasn't a "button" for random in MK9 or Injustice, but you could definitely random select in both games.
That is what I was thinking. The slot with the question mark was always an unlockable character with MK. But it is possible it has changed for MKX...but why change it now? A slot for random seems wasteful.

What????

technically in match ups this game is going to have the biggest not counting that piece of shit game

from the initial roster thats 75 Match ups you need to learn.
would you of preferred them ignoring the variations and make spread out moves to make a bunch of half arsed characters?
Yes the variations make the matchups more complex, but it sucks that the extra work for that prevents the roster size to expand from mk9/inj. MK armaggedon had 62+ characters, Im not demanding that, more like a SFIV sized roster

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I am 120% certain Fujin will be martian status. By that I mean he will be requested so much after kombat pack 1 NRS will put him in the game. They have his model, they have annimations in story, they have his voice, etc. NO REASON to exclude the wind god this time NRS.

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
Yes the variations make the matchups more complex, but it sucks that the extra work for that prevents the roster size to expand from mk9/inj. MK armaggedon had 62+ characters, Im not demanding that, more like a SFIV sized roster
I heard someone say that they hope MKX gets supported and upgraded as often as SFIV. I can only dream that this game gets that kind of support. (Even if people make jokes about capcom and their dlc practices) SF4 didn't start out with 44 characters. I don't think I'm the only one who wouldn't mind of their was a Kombat pack 3 or 4 and so on.

SF4 came out in 2008. It is 2015 and it will still get a ton of international support at Evo and other tournaments. If MKX can keep growing then the sky is the limit for roster size in the long run.

D

Deleted member 35141

there is still a chance that fujin and rain are unlockables.
The old Mk games never had a random but they have had a MK Symbol over unlockable characters since mk2, maybe that's what the ? With the dragon symbol is

D

Deleted member 35141

I heard someone say that they hope MKX gets supported and upgraded as often as SFIV. I can only dream that this game gets that kind of support. (Even if people make jokes about capcom and their dlc practices) SF4 didn't start out with 44 characters. I don't think I'm the only one who wouldn't mind of their was a Kombat pack 3 or 4 and so on.

SF4 came out in 2008. It is 2015 and it will still get a ton of international support at Evo and other tournaments. If MKX can keep growing then the sky is the limit for roster size in the long run.
I hope it gets supported for years too but not repackaged and sold near full price 8 times