What's new

Final Character Select Screen Confirmed

Raider

Noob
During today's Kombat Kast we got to see Kenshi variations (Balanced, Possessed, Kenjustu) for the first time. We also got to see the complete character select screen for the first time! Lots of people have been speculating what the "?" character box will be. In Mortal Kombat 9, that area was designated for DLC, so that is likely where you will load your DLC characters from when you buy them.

It could also be the character you unlock when you beat the game - assuming, there will be a character to unlock? Fujin?

MKX_LaunchCharacterSelectScreen.png

MKX_LaunchCharacterSelectScreen.jpg

FB_IMG_1428018325042.jpg

Thoughts?

edited/promoted by STORMS*

Kevin 7

The bad boy scout
Where will the DLC characters go when they finally show? Will they just add some of menu that expands like they did in MK9? Or another row/column like Injustice?

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Also characters seem lined up on the opposite side from the center based on a connection

like kitana-mileena, jax-jaqui,scorpion-sub,erron-devorah(serve kotal)

But like Ermac and reptile? Lui Kang and Ferra/torr?

Dark

Noob
Didn't watch the stream yet, was anything mentioned about whether the unlockable is included there?

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
It looks better than it sounded when it leaked, if you get me. The Special Forces gang all do a lot of things differently and there's no doubt that there's 24 totally unique characters. I just think there's 3 extra characters missing, some spark, some 'riskier' choices: a Rain, a Havik, a Fujin. Not even all three, lets say Smoke and Shang Tsung are in, two pretty safe characters. Or a Baraka or a Cyrax, someone safe and reliable. Throw Fujin or Rain in there and the roster just looks so much better. I'm not as down on it as I was a couple of months ago but it's a pretty decent roster and it's just 2-3 characters away from being top notch

Overall, I'll give it a 6/10

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
It's an alright roster, the variations make it much better than it first comes off but visually it's really ugly. The colors are so muted and the poses of each character doesn't give them any style or variety. They're all awkwardly staring straight ahead, lifelessly.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Final Roster is alright, I was hoping for some Shang Tsung but I'm still hyped for:

Reptile
Kano
Kotal Kahn
Erron Black
Goro (With hopefully a Kintaro Skin)
Kenshi
Kung Jin
Predator