Final Character Select Screen Confirmed

D

Deleted member 35141

Not enough ninjas :(
Not enough cyborgs:mad:
Not enough women:confused:
Too many MORTALS:eek:
Anything else to complain about.
It seems some of you haven't played mk4 to armegeddon most of the characters had no personality or their own damn move set, yet this roster sucks lol.

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
I still think that you unlock Rain half way through story mode (as soon as you reach his playable chapter a la Cyber Sub Zero). And then another character for completing story mode. Possibly Fujin? No idea.

I'm not even a Rain fan, but I have a gut feeling that the scene where Rain kicks Kotal Khan off of the tower is the transition from Kotal's chapter to the beginning of Rain's chapter. I'm probably wrong. I'm just super hopeful!

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
furious, there should be a much bigger roster, unless theres TONS of dlc coming this is disappointing
What????

technically in match ups this game is going to have the biggest not counting that piece of shit game

from the initial roster thats 75 Match ups you need to learn.
would you of preferred them ignoring the variations and make spread out moves to make a bunch of half arsed characters?

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
@Raider
Thanks for posting this information!

To be honest there aren't as many brand new MK characters (meaning characters that are conceptually unique both visually and gameplay wise) as I was expecting or hoping for since hearing ED Boon describe Mortal Kombat X as being all about the "new". Especially when over half of the roster is comprised of mostly returning/previous MK characters (8 new vs 18 old). Still I think that it's a good roster overall. Plus there is always the option for DLC later on down the line to expand the roster with more characters that people want to see.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
Ed Boon disguised as blanche from market place stage came to my house to bestow me with this knowledge, he warned me not to tell evil canadians for they are evil. i m blind man therefore i can't read but i trust you not to reveal this information to evil canadians.

Elder God

Power!
Ow about the question mark!
All Mk select screen don't have this, why in MKX this is randon slot? so strange I hope be a extra char.

Lucky_623

MKX XB1 & Cage Family Supporter
Character select screen means 0 to me.. As long as the game feels and plays like it looks like it feels and plays, I give 2 shits about character select screen.

tl;dr- im okay with it

I feel like there's not enough "evil" characters on the roster though. No "bad" character actually acts terrible for no reason, they all have grey twisted motives. Erron Black is essential a gun for hire with no preference. Kotal Khan is just trying to reclaim what his tribe is owed. Mileena as well. The most evil by my standards would have to be Quan Chi, for he is a deviant master manipulator. I guess one kinda really bad guy is alright.

That would be funny if the question mark was random select and not an unlockable character.

Anyway, the multiple family members thing is stupid. Cassie or sonya, but not both would be fine. Kenshi AND Takashi Takeda us just... why? Jax and Jacqui... why?

Overall i'd give this roster a B-. Too many great characters left out.

MYZTERY_-ICE

Kotal Kahn will destroy you!
Final Roster is perfect! I don't see why some people are complaining. I do think Fujin will be playable after finishing story mode. I'm super hyped!! #KotalKahnMain

I think the character portraits look pretty "blah" but the roster looks fine, people just need to keep in mind that there are 3 variations. Also for anyone upset their favorite fighter didn't make the cut, I'm sure someone's variation will feel a lot like those gone.

Shad

Magnificent ninja hairspray
Batshit conspiracy theory ahoy:

A kind of character symmetry is at work on the select screen. This is rough, but...observe:

Top left, top right: Kung Lao, Kung Jin, family
Second right, second left: Jax, Jacqui: family
Third right, third left: Sonya, Cassie: family
Fourth right, fourth left: Kenshi, Takeda: family
Fifth right, fifth left: Kitana, Mileena: Family (technically)
Sixth right, sixth left: Scorpion and Sub-Zero - mortal enemies, traditionally

There's not too much going on on the bottom level:

Bottom left, bottom right: Shinnok, Goro, MK4 boss figures.
(And if you wanna be funny, second left, second right - Kano, Quan Chi - both previously played by Richard Divizio :p)

But there are SOME relations when considering adjacent characters on both levels:

Sonya, Johnny: family
Kitana, Liu Kang: Often paired together as lovers
Scorpion, Ermac: Ninja subgroup
Sub-Zero: Reptile: Ninja subgroup

It'd be impossible to directly tie absolutely everyone together for every case, but there's an obvious intent going on here IMO.

Only person without any possibility of a partner is Kotal, whom the ? block is immediately above.

Remember that Trophy/Achievment "There Is a Ruler?" Remember whose armor was in the image?

Emperors adjacent, perhaps?

I wouldn't say with 100% certainty, but fucking so much is building to it. Ermac has his soul. His armor is in the Netherrealm. They seem to be trying to grow him a new body.

One thing's for certain: If it ain't Shao Kahn, I'm pretty sure that ? block is reserved for whoever DOES become Emperor.

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH

A kind of character symmetry is at work on the select screen. This is rough, but...observe:

(And if you wanna be funny, second left, second right - Kano, Quan Chi - both previously played by Richard Divizio :p)

But there are SOME relations when considering adjacent characters on both levels:

It'd be impossible to directly tie absolutely everyone together for every case, but there's an obvious intent going on here IMO.

Only person without any possibility of a partner is Kotal, whom the ? block is immediately above.

Remember that Trophy/Achievment "There Is a Ruler?" Remember whose armor was in the image?

I wouldn't say with 100% certainty, but fucking so much is building to it. Ermac has his soul. His armor is in the Netherrealm. They seem to be trying to grow him a new body.

One thing's for certain: If it ain't Shao Kahn, I'm pretty sure that ? block is reserved for whoever DOES become Emperor.

Baraka. LOL

EDIT: I said this jokingly...But I mean he does have a whole army of cousins to support him...

nice work detective!

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
Every character in this game is incredible, even the ones that we don't care, let's be honest!

Only negative on:
- presence of Fujin! I want him in the game so bad!
- I prefer the busty version of Sonya! :p