What's new

Final Character Select Screen Confirmed

Dwarfmp

Enthusiast
Also, I hadn't noticed this before, or it might be shown for the first time, but both players seem to be able to select a stage, and then the game randomly picks one of them.

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
Where will the DLC characters go when they finally show? Will they just add some of menu that expands like they did in MK9? Or another row/column like Injustice?
I truly believe that the GORO spot is actually the unlockable character spot and it will extend (MK9 style) to show all the DLC characters. The question mark is just the random select button.

Think about it. Why would they have a spot open that would stay empty forever it you never bought any DLC or preordered?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
There hasn't been a random select button in the last two games, why would they add one now? The question mark spot is for the unlockable. I though that was common knowledge by now but oh well...

Dark

Noob
There hasn't been a random select button in the last two games, why would they add one now? The question mark spot is for the unlockable. I though that was common knowledge by now but oh well...
Why would they add one? I don't know, but they did. When you scroll over it, it says random select, and someone contemplated using it in a video. They aren't going to remove it or replace it, it's random select.

That said, there is still quite a bit of hope and possibility of an unlockable, it could be in Goro's spot, since he's DLC, or above the rest of the roster. But don't connect that hope for an unlockable to that random select spot that isn't getting changed.

Reactions: JDM

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
As much as I want it to be Shang Tsung, the unlockable character will most likely be Fujin. It only makes sense, didn't someone from NRS say that there would be more than two MK4 characters anyways?