What's new

Fallout 4 Discussion Thread

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
worst day ever, got the game all installed etc ready to go. took the dog out before i started playing, came back and my xbox got black screen of death. after ages on chat with xbox support i had to go buy a new usb stick and download a file to factory reset my xbox. everything gone ( can get it back easy when i cba) had to re install the game now, hopefully get a couple hours of play before work then im gonna play all night fml.

PIP BOY GIVE ME STRENGTH OR A ZOOT EITHER WAY PLSSSS

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
worst day ever, got the game all installed etc ready to go. took the dog out before i started playing, came back and my xbox got black screen of death. after ages on chat with xbox support i had to go buy a new usb stick and download a file to factory reset my xbox. everything gone ( can get it back easy when i cba) had to re install the game now, hopefully get a couple hours of play before work then im gonna play all night fml.

Wow haha. That's pretty rough.

Solignac

Noob
I'm enjoying it a great deal so far. The game is much prettier than I thought, I stood on top of the church in Concord and looked at the landscape and had a moment.

I've gotta say though, I'm playing a stealth character and I'm having difficulty doing anything. Most of the time, enemies like molerats just pop out of the ground and get the jump on me rather than me getting the jump on them. There's not much I can do about it. Anyone else playing stealth and having a bad time?

this is a nightmare come true

I'm enjoying it a great deal so far. The game is much prettier than I thought, I stood on top of the church in Concord and looked at the landscape and had a moment.

I've gotta say though, I'm playing a stealth character and I'm having difficulty doing anything. Most of the time, enemies like molerats just pop out of the ground and get the jump on me rather than me getting the jump on them. There's not much I can do about it. Anyone else playing stealth and having a bad time?
playing stealthy is healthy :)
I don't have the game right now, but i have a stealth build already in mind (3,4,3,1,6,5,6 for special)

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

It's only because you're early in the game. I felt the exact same way at first but once you get stronger and get more perks it becomes more powerful all around. Stick with it. It gets better and easier to use.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
If you find the mr gutsy/handy shopping mall, there's tons of shit nearby.

A garage where people experimented with radiation

An abandoned town with a huge whirlpool that takes you underground, there's a glowing one in the end and those fuckers aren't messing around, 5 frag mines barely managed to do half health on survivor. And then right next to the town is a synth factory which gets allahu ackbared by suicide bomber super mutants.

All I have for crits is my laser rifle which I always keep at 2 shots, any other weapon is completely trash outside of the pistol vs ghouls.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
If you find the mr gutsy/handy shopping mall, there's tons of shit nearby.

A garage where people experimented with radiation

An abandoned town with a huge whirlpool that takes you underground, there's a glowing one in the end and those fuckers aren't messing around, 5 frag mines barely managed to do half health on survivor. And then right next to the town is a synth factory which gets allahu ackbared by suicide bomber super mutants.

All I have for crits is my laser rifle which I always keep at 2 shots, any other weapon is completely trash outside of the pistol vs ghouls.
Da hell lol. I haven't seen any of that yet haha.

Guns on the other hand I'm stacked with boss shit now. Upgraded the Brother of Steel Laser Rifle and that shit lays anything down. Between that, my uber sniper rifle, and Hunting Rifle I'm finally laying waste to the Wasteland. For now lol.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Really enjoying survivor difficulty, feels like the game was meant to be played that way.

Worried though because I don't have much problem surviving if I play carefully, hope it doesn't get any easier if I suddenly find a good laser rifle or sth.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Anyone else feel the pacing of the initial hour or so is kind of fast?
I thought it was kinda slow lol. The first hour and change was passable to me but after that I loved it.
I thought the first 15 minutes or so was slow but considering I was shooting raiders like 30 mins. in it was much faster paced than I expected. I thought it was pretty good pacing myself.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I thought the first 15 minutes or so was slow but considering I was shooting raiders like 30 mins. in it was much faster paced than I expected. I thought it was pretty good pacing myself.
Hmm, well it could be that I had watched the 1st hour already so I was more "going through" it than it being something fresh.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I thought it was kinda slow lol. The first hour and change was passable to me but after that I loved it.
To new comers to the series I find it's really uninformative and the beginning sequence rockets past without a series amount of emotional investment. Compare it to the start of Fallout 3 where it was emotionally valid and taught you the mechanics of the game.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
To new comers to the series I find it's really uninformative and the beginning sequence rockets past without a series amount of emotional investment. Compare it to the start of Fallout 3 where it was emotionally valid and taught you the mechanics of the game.
Yea I agree. One of my friends had no idea how to play or what he was supposed to be doing and kept calling me to explain the story, explain customizing, explain scavenging, etc lol. It really just throws you out there.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Any hotbared weapon has a heart. It's so convenient to have rows of weapons.

Crafting is very interesting, few hours in and I just started to get into it, made my red laser musket into a sniper rifle and life is so much easier.