What's new

Fallout 4 Discussion Thread

Definitely worth the money. It's slightly dumbed down to make it more accessible but it gets hella good after the 1st 90min. It is a little slow in the beginning but it's a wildfire after that.

I haven't seen anything yet that would have had a "significant" impact yet, but I have wondered what would have happened if I did a different decision on one of my task. I'm sure the bigger impacts will come with priority missions so it'll definitely be good for another play through.

Main campaign missioms can be long. I've done a couple that took 10min but I did one earlier today that took almost an hour, and that's with minimal deaths lol. Things kept coming up and I'm like "it's not done yet?!" Haha. Side quest seem to vary. Some are like 2 minutes, some 5-10, and one was like 20min so far. One was also a "finish when it's possible later on" type.
my excitement is leaking

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Definitely worth the money. It's slightly dumbed down to make it more accessible but it gets hella good after the 1st 90min. It is a little slow in the beginning but it's a wildfire after that.

I haven't seen anything yet that would have had a "significant" impact yet, but I have wondered what would have happened if I did a different decision on one of my task. I'm sure the bigger impacts will come with priority missions so it'll definitely be good for another play through.

Main campaign missioms can be long. I've done a couple that took 10min but I did one earlier today that took almost an hour, and that's with minimal deaths lol. Things kept coming up and I'm like "it's not done yet?!" Haha. Side quest seem to vary. Some are like 2 minutes, some 5-10, and one was like 20min so far. One was also a "finish when it's possible later on" type.
Nice.

Im going to be broke after buying this and battlefront one week apart. Oh well.

TKB

Noob
I haven't seen anything yet that would have had a "significant" impact yet, but I have wondered what would have happened if I did a different decision on one of my task. I'm sure the bigger impacts will come with priority missions so it'll definitely be good for another play through
All I could think about while reading this paragraph was blowing up megaton for the first time. I was thinking "there's no way I can just blow up an entire town, something will keep it from happening" lol

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Haven't even watched this yet, and don't really give a fuck what IGN thinks but...

Bout to watch it now, hoping to learn some new shit but... coping it tonight regardless.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Life as you know it has officially just ended.
Just what I was hoping to hear. And gonna rock some Star Wars Battlefront in three days, my console just became relevant. And Skate 3 backwards compatability announced for XB1, I'm good with games for a while. It's been too long... Fuck you NRS! Thank you EA and Bethesda.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Dude yes!!!! Also thanks for being courteous and not spoiling anything. I am DYING to get my hands on this game. Pipboy edition comes in tomorrow...
It's going to be incredibly hard to keep up with MKX now haha! I have a tourney tomorrow and my regular local on Thurs but I haven't even touched the game since I got Fallout 4. Gonna have to force myself to practice tonight. Or am I? -.-

Dude yes!!!! Also thanks for being courteous and not spoiling anything. I am DYING to get my hands on this game. Pipboy edition comes in tomorrow...
Yea no prob. I try my best to share the most info without giving anything story relevant away. I know how info starved I would be if I didn't have it lol. You're going to become another human being tomorrow. Once you get past the beginning and past the first two story missions of progress, the game becomes epic. Enemies are also tougher and faster than in New Vegas. Can't wait until everyone has it. I'm swollen like a balloon with all the stuff I want to talk about but can't yet lol.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Life as you know it has officially just ended.
Did have one more question, even though I'm gonna find stuff out for myself tonight. If you have good aim, can you do the same damage as with using the VATS if you are able to hit the same body parts without VATS, or does the VATS mode just magically make heads and arms explode and sever and whatnot while hitting them without VATS doesn't?

Kinda wanna run and gun freely, maybe there are perks to fit that playstyle I don't know...

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Did have one more question, even though I'm gonna find stuff out for myself tonight. If you have good aim, can you do the same damage as with using the VATS if you are able to hit the same body parts without VATS, or does the VATS mode just magically make heads and arms explode and sever and whatnot while hitting them without VATS doesn't?

Kinda wanna run and gun freely, maybe there are perks to fit that playstyle I don't know...
Lmao! Yea it seems like the Vats makes it easier for those "one hit to the head and it explodes" gun shots. Against humans you can one shot them if they're weak enough/you're strong enough, but the animals and ghouls and stuff has to be Vats this earlier because they're too fast now for free aim headshots of these guns.

They have perks that can buff the Non Vats playstyle a lottttt, so you'll probably want to start getting those early to fit the play.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Lmao! Yea it seems like the Vats makes it easier for those "one hit to the head and it explodes" gun shots. Against humans you can one shot them if they're weak enough/you're strong enough, but the animals and ghouls and stuff has to be Vats this earlier because they're too fast now for free aim headshots of these guns.

They have perks that can buff the Non Vats playstyle a lottttt, so you'll probably want to start getting those early to fit the play.
Ahh... Thank you kind sir. Yeah, VATS should come in handy in frenzied type situations [and just for some cool cinematics]. Was just curious about if I shot someone or thing with a direct headshot free aimed VS the VATS damage model which should be the same depending on the ammunition type or precision and not whether I used the VATS or not. Oh well... small gripe, I'll get over it. But will be looking to level up my free aim ability unless that's gonna put me at a disadvantage VS the VATS regardless of my accuracy. Damn...

About 8 hours till go time!

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Ahh... Thank you kind sir. Yeah, VATS should come in handy in frenzied type situations [and just for some cool cinematics]. Was just curious about if I shot someone or thing with a direct headshot free aimed VS the VATS damage model which should be the same depending on the ammunition type or precision and not whether I used the VATS or not. Oh well... small gripe, I'll get over it. But will be looking to level up my free aim ability unless that's gonna put me at a disadvantage VS the VATS regardless of my accuracy. Damn...

About 8 hours till go time!
It's best with the sniper rifle. Sneak up on them and a good shot can take their head off clean lol. Maybe free aim in action is probably too sloppy right now haha.

Prepare to go to sleep when the sun comes up. -.-

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
It's best with the sniper rifle. Sneak up on them and a good shot can take their head off clean lol. Maybe free aim in action is probably too sloppy right now haha.

Prepare to go to sleep when the sun comes up. -.-
I have all the necessary requirements for an all nighter and am thoroughly prepared. Wish I could go to sleep now and set my alarm for 12, but I'm too excited to sleep.

Yeah, I would hope the Sniper rifle at least allows the max damage when ADSed and having a perfect shot fired to be the same as with VATS. Maybe some penalty for accuracy during movement or something.

#ComeOnAlreadyMidnight

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I ran out of minigun ammo, then I ran out of pipe gun ammo. Then I saw my options were either a pipe iron or a switchblade.
Lmaooooo!!! Wow. I ran out of minigun ammo too, then ended up running in a building, and coming back out and running in circles around a bus until I killed it lololol.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Is this game living up to the hype? My anticipation for this game kind of died for some reason and I want to know if it's still worth getting. Also how big is the game? Size-wise. 'cause I might have to get an external HDD for it

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Former Owner
Premium Supporter
Quick question, after having watched that video on character customization:

Are you able to edit your character at all in-game? The game starts in basically Pleasantville, correct? So it would seem weird to make a character with waster hair, chemical burns, and nasty scars. Or are you just forced to assume that your character was already some sort of Thunderdome fighter before the nuclear apocalypse?

Last edited: