What's new

Fallout 4 Discussion Thread

Hey fellow Vault Dwellers! In anticipation of one of the greatest franchises of all time, I am creating this thread. What are your expectations so far? What is needed? Are the pipboys still awesome? (of course they are).

Here are some photos pulled from Reddit:

The video trailer:

Last edited:

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Since there is no gameplay all I can comment on are the graphics.

Which I think look dated, and the animations are still really awkward and janky like all previous Bethesda games.
All this leads me to believe the game is still running on Gamebryo, which is very disappointing.

I'm sure the game itself will be fine, but I'm hoping for some significant gameplay improvements over FO3.

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
Just watched the trailer, poor doggy. Anyone see any familiar areas that might clue to where the location might be? That statue kind of made me think its probably somewhere in NE USA. Probably Boston like people have been guessing

Which I think look dated, and the animations are still really awkward and janky like all previous Bethesda games.
All this leads me to believe the game is still running on Gamebryo, which is very disappointing.

I'm sure the game itself will be fine, but I'm hoping for some significant gameplay improvements over FO3.
one improvement I witnessed is that it does have an actual weather system this time, but yeah, I think it's being held back by last gen-systems

MK Led

Umbasa
AAAAAH FUCK YES

I thought the same... with the time they've taken I was sure the game was gonna look significantly more 'next-gen' compared to skyrim. Still, this is the first thing we've seen from the game and clearly it isn't finished yet, and idk if people remember those e3 vs. actual game screenshot comparisons for mkx, but the improvement was clear, the e3 build's textures and meshes looked like mud and rocks compared to what we actually got haha.

Also on the gameplay, I really hope they've learnt from the gameplay improvements in skyrim over oblivion.... Though even if the combat isn't quite on point I'm sure a few sneaky mods will set it straight.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I'm thinking customizable power armor and weapon customization a la dead space 3 just from that picture. But, I really have no idea what to expect.

All I know is... I'm always super fucking hype for Fallout! :D

MK Led

Umbasa
my favorite image is the one of the blimp hovering in the background of the rainy towncentre with the statue, atmospheric yes
Reminded me of Bioshock Infinite, haha. I really like the look of the settlements, especially the one shown in the second big picture up there ^

Looks like we might be getting a bigger variety of locations this time around, which was definitely something that needed improving in both fallout 3 and skyrim.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
OMFG AJKDHFKALJSDGKJBA

The wait is finally over... my body wasn't ready. Also, will our character FINALLY have a voice? That is like THE one thing that has always bothered me in Bethesda games. I know it might seem like a small problem to most people but it really bothers me, my character feels soulless without a voice. :/