What's new

Fallout 4 Discussion Thread

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
So far, I put FO4 as the best of those I have played. Sadly, I never played 1 and 2. Out of 3 and NV though, this thing *shines*.

I don't feel its streamlined at all, the nit-pick stuff is just in a different location. The stats and perk system is simpler, sure, but when you get in to customizing your weapons and armor and such, the ability to really tailor the character comes back. More-so than previously. I feel like loot drops add to the game as well, to be honest. The world is beautiful and FINA-FUCKING-LY the gun play is FUN and INTERESTING. I don't sigh when I have to fight now, its exciting. One thing I think was done better in previous games though, was the dialogue system. Its nice and quick to the point in FO4, but I liked a large array of responses you could choose, and numerous questions you could ask before. SO FAR, (8hrs in), it feels like special dialogue options are far fewer, but perhaps I just need more perks.

I hate followers in games, they drive me nuts, so all I have is the dog, and he's about to go himself if he blocks me on one more stairway.

The game isn't perfect, and I can find a few nitpicks with here and there, but all in all, this is one of the best games I've played in years and if things stay this interesting as I progress, it could well end up as one of my favorite games of all time.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I agree with the streamline comment somewhat. It does feel easier than previous Fallouts. I don't mean the changes to make it "more accessible", but I mean the difficulty. Once you've found some better guns and upgrade them to speed with your perks, you lay down enemies like its nothing. It's not like I'm some level 70 super powered God of War, I'm at level 14 right now and it's becoming much easier to body anything that comes in front of me. I'm starting to get nervous that by level 30 I'll be murdering DeathClaws with my pinky.

Hopefully this won't be the case lol, but I feel too much stronger than the enemies at this point of the game.

Really? From what I heard I thought it was near-impossiballs hard.
Basically for Fallout 4, Survival = hella bullet sponges, and not player-character survival. So it'll be hard if you don't know how to fully use your character against enemies (not picking the right perks, knowing when to use chems, saving ammo and scrounging for it, actually hitting your target, knowing how to play defense and bait, etc.). I'm sure mods will add some challenge later.

So far the game is better than I expected. It has a nice atmosphere, and the combat is fun. I'm only about 7 hours in right now because my other 7 hour save got deleted because YOU CAN'T MAKE MORE THAN ONE CHARACTER AT A TIME. My major complaints are the dialogue and story so far, really boring stuff. I also don't really know when to use Power Armor, after the first Deathclaw encounter I don't really know what to do with it, or when it will be useful.

MK Led

Umbasa
So far the game is better than I expected. It has a nice atmosphere, and the combat is fun. I'm only about 7 hours in right now because my other 7 hour save got deleted because YOU CAN'T MAKE MORE THAN ONE CHARACTER AT A TIME. My major complaints are the dialogue and story so far, really boring stuff. I also don't really know when to use Power Armor, after the first Deathclaw encounter I don't really know what to do with it, or when it will be useful.
Supposedly to create multiple characters at once you switch character 'accounts', a la Mass Effect.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!

EDIT: I seem to have fixed it with a simple reinstall, but many users (especially X1 and PC users) have presented variations of audio bugs with little troubleshooting success.

-Only ambient audio (my case)
-No voices
-No voices during cutscenes
-Persistent "stuttering" noise

I'll count myself lucky and expect a patch within the next seven days.

Last edited:

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
I ended up getting my power armor stuck in a lake

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
Yea that is the most interesting part. I have like 5 and they all suck lol. How do you make them better other than the basic stuff? What are the structure building parts for?
On the pc version I'm able to go into workshop mode and they'res a lot of different options I'm able to use. I forgot about it when I first started but I've been using the workshop mode to destroy all the junk in the settlement and get a lot of parts like that

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Same here, I don't understand why I would use it since I have to dump it somewhere safe once I'm done. It's only going to see use once I have a few fusion cores at least and tons of ammo to facetank shit.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Basically for Fallout 4, Survival = hella bullet sponges, and not player-character survival. So it'll be hard if you don't know how to fully use your character against enemies (not picking the right perks, knowing when to use chems, saving ammo and scrounging for it, actually hitting your target, knowing how to play defense and bait, etc.). I'm sure mods will add some challenge later.
Isn't that what's supposed to make it hard?

Survival isn't learning to conserve ammo and chems, properly aiming, positioning yourself and booby trapping enemies and more?

The only thing you can mod to make this game harder is either a bland damage taken/received multiplier or making ammo scarce and that already is the case for me.

Isn't that what's supposed to make it hard?

Survival isn't learning to conserve ammo and chems, properly aiming, positioning yourself and booby trapping enemies and more?

The only thing you can mod to make this game harder is either a bland damage taken/received multiplier or making ammo scarce and that already is the case for me.
What I meant is trying to make it more survival by making the player character need to eat, drink, sleep.

Uninstalled after hearing my character speak a few of the dialogue options. You can't really roleplay which is what I play RPGs for. I'll be waiting for an overhaul mod. Seems like gameplay is pretty good from what I hear.
I wouldn't go so far as to say uninstall the game lol, but I do see what you're saying. You just have to go into this game with an open mind imo knowing it's not made by the original Interplay people or Obsidian. But this is an interesting topic to discuss. I generally nowadays don't play an rpg unless it has an extensive character creation system. Which is why I'm so hesitant to buy the Witcher 3, because although it's many peoples game of the year, I don't associate myself with the character of Geralt, and it's hard for me to care what he's doing. CD Projekt Red is a fantastic studio though. I hope Cyberpunk 2077 allows character creation and freedom away from scripts.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
This game is truely fantastic all around. No way am I going to nit pick the tiniest things because the base game is so fucking great all around. Gunplay is amazing now and Im welcoming the new changes with open arms. My experience with it so far has been perfect. Character and weapon customizarion is legit (I was able to make a flawless Carl from ATHF), and the way you play and explore feels so natural. The world itself its incredible now, you can tell that Bethesda really put the details into every inch of the map, its so much more dense than Skyrim or F3 ever were, over every hill top or around any corner there is something to discover, big or small (I personally prefer the small discoveries because thats what makes the world feel real and grounded). And speaking of grounded, Ive never been more convinced by a game into thinking the ground that Im walking on is real and not just some 2d paperthin surface with nothing below it. Wayne Gorzkies Cabin near the beginning is a perfect example, when you into his bunker I was 100% convinced this guy dug into the earth himself to make his shelter. There are tool marks on the walls, individual tree roots weaving through the thick dirt and clay... even enemies burrow underground in the middle of fights and re appear behind you. I just cant say enough good things about this game right now, its the exact game Ive been waiting for and then some.

Last edited:

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
If you are reading this, then I am already dead. I wrote this message before the release of Fallout 4, fearing it may overtake my soul. This is my final farewell.

Tell my family I love them so very much.

Tell Eldriken he's a filthy pirate. I've made my stance on illegal activity pretty clear, yet he continues to defy my order.

Tell Qwark he's free. We both know damn well he ain't playing no survival difficulty.