What's new

Explain to me why this game has safe 50/50s...

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Some folks are able to play wise and some don't. That's where safe shit comes in, so they don't have to worry much and still be able to go against good/veteran player. The concept I believe is no different from pre-patch Millena b12 - not much of consequences if whiffed .... or Jason's b122/b12 string and so on ...

Last edited:

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
Raiden has no safe 50/50. His B33+naked grab is safe but doesn't do much damage. If you use Ex grab it's not safe. And his B2 overhead can be punished for full combo on block. His 34 overhead seems to have very little range.

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
B33 ex ice ball has a gap, and b33 clone is very minus on block, and anything he does after b33 has a gap that is backdashable I believe.

And are people really considering sub's b2 as a "safe 50 50"? Really guys? When did everybody turn into freaking MD in here? That has to be the lamest complaint about sub ever lol

Also you forgot to mention reptile, jacqui, ferra torr, cyrax and many others. K bro ;)

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
If you're gonna bitch about safe mixups why doesn't you bitch about

Milenna 2,1,u4 /2,1 ex fade f+4 (metered) or 2,1, low pounce 2,1 u+4
Sonya b+1,4/b+33 grenade (requires resources)
Cassie's mixup into ex flip(meterless)

They're in the game and they're not as bad as you believe them to be

So since there's a debate wether everyone or no one has safe 50/50's can someone actually list all characters with safe 50/50's? Im curious to know how many safe 50/50's are left.

xSamuel

Player of All, Master of None.
I don't argue, i just state what this game have. Never said nerf, just telling you what kind of advantage some mix up character i listed have when they got just 1 bar. You can ignore Johnny and Raiden if you want.
Why would you ignore Raiden? He literally has an OH and Low with the same start up, a true 50/50. Not only that but Displacer does get safe 50/50s that lead to +30% everywhere on screen, for a bar. As far as I know this is the only character/variation with this.

Raiden has no safe 50/50. His B33+naked grab is safe but doesn't do much damage. If you use Ex grab it's not safe. And his B2 overhead can be punished for full combo on block. His 34 overhead seems to have very little range.
You can hitconfirm B34 into superman for 17% or EX DB3 for 20-30%. On block you cancel into shocker to be -7 which is still not technically "safe" but it is a true blockstring. Displacer can make both B2 and B3 safe on block and a full combo on hit with ex teleport.

xSamuel

Player of All, Master of None.
So since there's a debate wether everyone or no one has safe 50/50's can someone actually list all characters with safe 50/50's? Im curious to know how many safe 50/50's are left.
I honestly think Displacer is the only character that has legitimately safe 50/50s. No circumstantial punish or gaps and full combo on hit

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Those moves are still negative. The defender has an opportunity to move before Johnny or Raiden, so he has a chance to start his own pressure.

So if you block correctly, your opponent is now down 1 stock of meter and has no guaranteed followup pressure due to negative frames or far range from pushback.

No, you won't be reacting to the EX smoke ball. But his other options are complete the string with the 2+4, teleport, phase forward/back, spear, or invisibility. 2+4 leaves no gap but is very unsafe. Teleport and spear are both extremely risky and leave gaps. Invisibility and phase forward/backward are both negative, so Smoke gets no guaranteed followup pressure. EX smoke ball is most oftentimes his best option, so risking an armored reversal or backdash after seeing a blocked overhead is not always a bad idea.
So, if you block correctly, you can armor or backdash any hit of the low into rune or the overhead into rune.

If he doesn't mb it he's -11. if he does, he's -1.

If he delays the rune, he can make it +, but it creates another gap for escape.

The defender has options.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
man people complain about safe 50/50s way too much in this community

GO play a game like Skullgirls/Blazblue/Any other fighting game not MK and then come back about safe 50/50s
I am used to playing games where 50/50s are actually 25/25/25/25s and all of them are like +12380980 so get over yourselves
/thread
/afk
I wish I could frame laminate this post on a card and show it to everyone I talk to on Facebook that complain about this aspect of the game.

It's the truth.

Safe Armor

Tier Whore. BS, GM, Mystic etc.
Subz b33 (gap) ex freeze has a gap so you can either armor or neutral duck and get a full combo.

Quan Chi ex rune mix ups also have a gap, so backdash or armor.

Smoke needs it.

You forgot to mention Reptile, he has one of the best 50/50s in the game, shows how little you know about this game.

So lets see you mention about 5 chars in which 3 don't really have safe 50/50s.... so the game overall has about 4-5? Out of 34? Chars with safe 50/50s doesn't seem so bad to me lol.

Last edited: