What's new

Explain to me why this game has safe 50/50s...

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
it's not. You block high every time. f+2 leads to combos and restands and big damage. You get hit by one d+4 you're out to the tune of like 4% damage. Even in the corner.
Well yea in the sense of a vortex it isn't a vortex but it TECHNICALLY is a mixup. I just wouldn't suggest using that.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
LOL no legit player is actually going to call that a true vortex unless they are trying to be a smart ass.

Plus a Vortex does not have to be restand. that's a common misconception of the NRS community
we call Predator's 32 low laser and 3 low laser a true vortex in the corner
so what's your definition of a vortex? I think a vortex means there's no way out other than guessing right. And d4/F2 is a true 50/50

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
so what's your definition of a vortex? I think a vortex means there's no way out other than guessing right. And d4/F2 is a true 50/50
a Vortex is a mixup that loops into itself. D4 doesn't loop into another D4/F2 mixup.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
If somebody was to close their fist and slowly and softly as possible touch their knuckles off your face would you call it a punch and assult?
Just because by the books you can say it technically is you really shouldn't.
Nobody likes that guy

Don't be that guy

But to answer your question a true vortex is putting your opponent in a position where they are forced to guess which resets back in to itself

Tweedy

Noob
1. Predator's 32 and 3 low laser is fuzziable. The second hit of 32 is 10 frames, while low laser is over 20 frames.

2. Johny's D4 nets enough hit advantage to guarantee D4 and F2, so yoloroll isn't wrong there. It's just a shitty vortex lol.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
1. Predator's 32 and 3 low laser is fuzziable. The second hit of 32 is 10 frames, while low laser is over 20 frames.

2. Johny's D4 nets enough hit advantage to guarantee D4 and F2, so yoloroll isn't wrong there. It's just a shitty vortex lol.
That's what I'm implying

Not aimed at Yolo either just in case he thinks I'm personally taking shots at him

It's the ™Just because you technically can doesn't mean you should™ scenario

Soul Caliber, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and SF.
That's what I'm implying

Not aimed at Yolo either just in case he thinks I'm personally taking shots at him

It's the ™Just because you technically can doesn't mean you should™ scenario
Do you still main stunt double or did you switched to A-list?

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
Reasons why This 50/50 are the kings and queens in Mortal Kombat X:

Sub-Zero
B33+EX ice ball. (SAFE)

Smoke
B1+EX smoke ball. (SAFE)
B3+ EX smoke ball. (SAFE)

Scorpion-
F2. (SAFE) (depends the range)
B3+EX Spear (SAFE)

Raiden-
B33+ naked shock grab (SAFE)

Quan-Chi-
F4+EX DB1 (SAFE)
B3+EX DB1 (SAFE)

Johnny cage-
F24 (SAFE FOR SURE)

The characters above are unacceptable to have a safe way if the opponent will guess right and even if the opponent doesn't guess correctly the opponent will eat combos 24/7.

Like i said earlier... This 50/50 are the Kings and Queens in Mortal kombat X. Sure you can say you don't need 50/50 to become the kings and Queens but this advantage could be abusable.
Lol. Those are all mixups, not 50/50s. Contrary to popular belief, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME.

xSamuel

Player of All, Master of None.
Use your words. I misread the data but it is still not a "50/50", it is a mix up. The main point is that Spectral is not safe off of his mix ups because the float can be interrupted without meter, the low strings are punishable, and the overhead has a gap.

Last edited:

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Use your words. I misread the data but it is still not a "50/50", it is a mix up. The main point is that Spectral is not safe off of his mix ups because the float can be interrupted without meter, the low strings are punishable, and the overhead has a gap.
I was the one who found out about the gap in the overhead, FYI. So I'm well aware of it. Anyway, Spectral doesn't have to commit to Soul Ascension strings after a blocked mixup. It's still left at good enough frames that you can fly away or counter-armour.

Nausea

Soul Ascended
Play me. Oh please play me...

Wigy

There it is...
a Vortex is a mixup that loops into itself. D4 doesn't loop into another D4/F2 mixup.
His d4 grants enough +frames to guarantee another f2 or d4. F2 leads to restand. Its technically a vortex, though midscreen you cant loop infinitely due to stamina.

But by this logic any character with an overhead similar speed to this poke is a vortex character, think you need to make a distinction with pokes not being a vortex