What's new

Explain to me why this game has safe 50/50s...

Wigy

There it is...
Reptile has some pretty dumb designs, but I think his weaknesses balances it out. I would say reptile is low tier if it wasn't for some of his weird ass designs. Because of his mixups he is top 10 for sure imo
Totally agree, i just dont like the design. You shouldnt balance weaknesses around retarded cheap stuff.

Thats the way the game is, nothing against reptile

omooba

fear the moobs
B3~EX Spear is not a true blockstring.

But to answer your question, the means of making some of these mix ups safe are generally tied to an important resource, where as the best buttons for enforcing guessing games in MK9/Injustice could be enforced for free more of the time.
bullshit. b3 or b1 into smoke bomb can't be punished by everyone without spending armor and spending armor to punish a vortex is extremely broke

Safe Armor

Tier Whore. BS, GM, Mystic etc.
I thought it was already established that I was P2W and WoundCowboy secondary account...

Yes, we both use it.

For the record I think OH/Low mix ups in this game are fine.
There's real issues that gotta be fixed like better backdashes, more recovery on whiffed jump attacks and whiffed strings, better AAs etc.

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
not necessarily stupid njp some just work and others don't. ermac's njp isn't stupid but it works even if it's extremely tight
Nip? Wouldnt it need to be instant or can u catch on the way down?

If you're talking about jip, ermacs regularly hits me when it came out the wrong direction... Mileenas does this also

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
You're especially right about Johnny Cage safe 50/50s he can vortex you for days with his F2 and his safe low nut punch, that's how I win all my matches by vortexing people all day.

I wish NRS would make his Nutpunch a mid and punishable so I can actually win with footsies for once, but nope NRS will never learn.

In fact Ed Boon should be fired then re-hired and then fired again!

Nice thread OP
Will probably read again

No promises though!

omooba

fear the moobs
Nip? Wouldnt it need to be instant or can u catch on the way down?

If you're talking about jip, ermacs regularly hits me when it came out the wrong direction... Mileenas does this also
Sorry I meant jip and not jip2 I meant jip1. I believe if you have a 6 frame jip you can punish every time. Same thing if you have a jip that hits behind you. Depending on the range where he does b1 you can usually njp but not for b3 and since must people always do b1 into spear... I mean trident, or ex smoke bomb trying to punish it is a mix up in it self which is so fucking stupid

On paper a lot of 50/50's might seem punishable but "on paper" rarely tells the whole story. I might be wrong but to me it seems 50/50's are still the defining factor in most matches. I'm not only talking about mixups into mixups, I'm merely talking about starters, on wakeup you can guess between oh/low vs all the cast and you get complete combo'd. Everyone can say different but even with the new patch that's what I've seen.

Soul Caliber, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and SF.
Subz b33 (gap) ex freeze has a gap so you can either armor or neutral duck and get a full combo.

Quan Chi ex rune mix ups also have a gap, so backdash or armor.

Smoke needs it.

You forgot to mention Reptile, he has one of the best 50/50s in the game, shows how little you know about this game.

So lets see you mention about 5 chars in which 3 don't really have safe 50/50s.... so the game overall has about 4-5? Out of 34? Chars with safe 50/50s doesn't seem so bad to me lol.
Reptile is not a problem.

trufenix

bye felicia
is this just what people who don't like the game do when they can't play it? Post a thread asking for some arbitrary explanation from, I guess us, as to why NRS made the game the way they did? And then balk when people who actually enjoy the game explain it in terms other than, yeah, shits broke, yo

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
tbh, Johnny has a true safe vortex though. It fits the definition of a vortex. It just does very low damage of the low
but yea 50/50s are no longer the biggest issue of this game