What's new

Explain to me why this game has safe 50/50s...

Safe Armor

Tier Whore. BS, GM, Mystic etc.
Well if there is a low and OH starter, what do you call it then ? I apologize for my scrubby question but I am curious my self.
Cosner looks down on everyone, he loves acting like he is above you, just ignore him.

What he actually mean is that not only OH/lows are 50/50/ but also throws, stagger strings, wake up attack or not wake up attack? Dashback or not? Counter attack or not? Armor counter attack or not etc. All of it are 50/50 options.

Any string into regular or ex smoke bomb can be jumped out of and punished with either a divekick or instant njp/njk. Thought i'd share that since it doesnt seem to be common knowledge. So yeah smoke's mixup is only safe if you let him get away with it, if you start jumping the smoke bombs he will have to commit to either teleport or spear which are both unsafe, character is still dumb though.

Reasons why This 50/50 are the kings and queens in Mortal Kombat X:

Sub-Zero
B33+EX ice ball. (SAFE)

Smoke
B1+EX smoke ball. (SAFE)
B3+ EX smoke ball. (SAFE)

Scorpion-
F2. (SAFE) (depends the range)
B3+EX Spear (SAFE)

Raiden-
B33+ naked shock grab (SAFE)

Quan-Chi-
F4+EX DB1 (SAFE)
B3+EX DB1 (SAFE)

Johnny cage-
F24 (SAFE FOR SURE)

The characters above are unacceptable to have a safe way if the opponent will guess right and even if the opponent doesn't guess correctly the opponent will eat combos 24/7.

Like i said earlier... This 50/50 are the Kings and Queens in Mortal kombat X. Sure you can say you don't need 50/50 to become the kings and Queens but this advantage could be abusable.
Both , f4 and b32 do not jail into rune or any of his specials (only exception is f4 db2 which is -20 on block) other than that If quan goes for any of these options you just armor through. and if you want you can backdash too but he obviously has a few way to catch you if you do that ( which are all unsafe so you should be able to punish them if you don't backdash)

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Cosner looks down on everyone, he loves acting like he is above you
Its rather common affliction among some people.

While there are other options, many of them can be punished. Like in life, actions have consequences. Here we have some examples that are free of consequences. Now for instance I would gladly burn a bar or a two if I could properly punish Sub's b33 ex freeze but in my case its a flip coin because Lao's teleport has issues. So its absurd that after a hard read I have a flip coin punish that requires my resources.

Last edited:

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Cosner looks down on everyone, he loves acting like he is above you, just ignore him.

What he actually mean is that not only OH/lows are 50/50/ but also throws, stagger strings, wake up attack or not wake up attack? Dashback or not? Counter attack or not? Armor counter attack or not etc. All of it are 50/50 options.
No I don't mean that at all. A 50/50 is a situation when you have 50% chance of guessing correctly. It's NOT when you throw a random string in the neutral, it's not when you can backdash or armor, it's not every situation in the game. The characters are not in a constant loop of guessing over and over again, if you think you're losing 10-0 at this point in the game because of 50/50s it just means you're butt.
Its rather common affliction among some people.

While there are other options, many of them can be punished. Like in life, actions have consequences. Here we have some examples that are free of consequences. Now for instance I would gladly burn a bar or a two if I could properly punish Sub's b33 ex freeze but in my case its a flip coin because Lao's teleport has issues. So its absurd that after a hard read I have a flip coin punish that requires my resources.
I haven't really posted anything in months, yet somehow a guy who joined a month ago is saying I love acting like I'm above everyone. This is what I call a butthurt second account.

@Espio @Jer @zaf @CrazyFingers @Youphemism

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
"guise unbalanced 50/50s are fine look at these games more dead than mk see its awesome"

lul ok sonicfox

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
"guise unbalanced 50/50s are fine look at these games more dead than mk see its awesome"

lul ok sonicfox
Hey now, there are literally tens of us who still play BlazBlue! But yeah, saying that other games are more broke than MKXL isn't a reason to not say stuff is stupid here too.

Wigy

There it is...
B33 ex ice ball has a gap, and b33 clone is very minus on block, and anything he does after b33 has a gap that is backdashable I believe.

And are people really considering sub's b2 as a "safe 50 50"? Really guys? When did everybody turn into freaking MD in here? That has to be the lamest complaint about sub ever lol

Also you forgot to mention reptile, jacqui, ferra torr, cyrax and many others. K bro ;)
B2 is effectively safe against characters without fast advancing moves and a tight punish with stupid block-stun for those that do.

-13 with pushback and weird blockstun, thats a 2 frame punish for a lot of the cast.

Its less punishable than it should be, i watch it to unpunished all the time at the highest level. If you have the clone on top. GG ez

Bo can only punish with bf4. Thats it. Sweet 10% launching you fullscreen for him to have to crawl back in.

Jaqui's 50/50 i dont find as much of an issue (outside the corner at least) as her b3 has horrific range.

Reptles mixups are stupid

Ferr torr im assuming you mean his low overhead toss? Which costs a bar to combo and is unsafe no?

His overhead low is the most fuzziable shit on the planet lol.

What makes it more annoying is sub has an insane backdash so he backdashes and whiff punishes me trying to take my turn as a blockstring

Last edited:

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
This game has been out for a year and a half. Now we're discussing this? Ok. Well, most of these you mentioned are fuzzyable, have gaps, have low damage, have low range, or require bar. Scorpion's F2 at a longer range can be punish by quick forward advancing moves. Even if they are safe, besides what I mentioned above, it will always be your turn after. Raiden's B33~Shocker does low dmg and it will most likely be your turn after. To get good damage off it you have to spend a bar, and it will be unsafe. B2~Shocker does very low damage, but it is safe. Raiden's combo starters are all unsafe. Maybe an exception of Thunder God. But to get his big dmg you have to play unsafe. I just used raiden as an example

Ferr torr im assuming you mean his low overhead toss? Which costs a bar to combo and is unsafe no?

B3 pain and gain run cancel is safe on block and goes into about 40% meterless
B23 is -2 and gets about 30% meterless i think

Wigy

There it is...
B3 pain and gain run cancel is safe on block and goes into about 40% meterless
B23 is -2 and gets about 30% meterless i think
I forgot about b3... You're right, is that similar startup to b2?

Even so they are both hella slow and b3 has no range.. So not really a big issue in my opinion

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
A 50/50 is a situation when you have 50% chance of guessing correctly. It's NOT when you throw a random string in the neutral, it's not when you can backdash or armor, it's not every situation in the game.The characters are not in a constant loop of guessing over and over again, if you think you're losing 10-0 at this point in the game because of 50/50s it just means you're butt.

I haven't really posted anything in months, yet somehow a guy who joined a month ago is saying I love acting like I'm above everyone. This is what I call a butthurt second account.

Coss,

Regarding what i said....I like to fuck around. So lets put this to bed, and forget about it. I couldnt take that seriously coming from a guy who's been here since last week.

Wigy

There it is...
Don't think 50/50's on their own are the issue, its when they have good range (especially overheads cause of pokes)

Reptiles is a pain cause its barely neg (i think it got nerfed in patch... Or is it still plus) and pushes him back, all the while you're worrying about a decent range low that low profiles, he has a d3 which is a nightmare, his second his low, his second hit overhead and his slide (also his pounce but thats reactable)

On top of that f4/21 staggers

Not saying hes top tier, its just a lame design.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Don't think 50/50's on their own are the issue, its when they have good range (especially overheads cause of pokes)

Reptiles is a pain cause its barely neg (i think it got nerfed in patch... Or is it still plus) and pushes him back, all the while you're worrying about a decent range low that low profiles, he has a d3 which is a nightmare, his second his low, his second hit overhead and his slide (also his pounce but thats reactable)

On top of that f4/21 staggers

Not saying hes top tier, its just a lame design.
Reptile has some pretty dumb designs, but I think his weaknesses balances it out. I would say reptile is low tier if it wasn't for some of his weird ass designs. Because of his mixups he is top 10 for sure imo

Wigy

There it is...
yeah exactly, so you have to hold that mixup if ferra gets close, i just meant even if there was a big difference in the startup, you can just always delay
Not an issue in my mind as ferr/torr struggles to get in, its slow so hard to get out in the neutral and if he wants to combo from the low he has to commit to it to the whole string surely? So there will be an armourable gap?

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
B2 is effectively safe against characters without fast advancing moves and a tight punish with stupid block-stun for those that do.

-13 with pushback and weird blockstun, thats a 2 frame punish for a lot of the cast.

Its less punishable than it should be, i watch it to unpunished all the time at the highest level. If you have the clone on top. GG ez

Bo can only punish with bf4. Thats it. Sweet 10% launching you fullscreen for him to have to crawl back in.

Jaqui's 50/50 i dont find as much of an issue (outside the corner at least) as her b3 has horrific range.

Reptles mixups are stupid

What makes it more annoying is sub has an insane backdash so he backdashes and whiff punishes me trying to take my turn as a blockstring
Lets not forget that at certain ranges B2 pushes you back so far that your standard punishing tool doesn't reach.