What's new

General/Other - Crystalline Crystalline Variation Discussion Thread

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Bug with his summoned interactable on the Lin Kuei Temple stage. Happens EVERY time when thrown passed those interactables.

Woo unfinished characters.
That probably happens with the other jump intractables. If tremor doesn't get buffs next patch, he better get bug fixes at the very least.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
I think it saids alot when you got someone to switch to a high tier character to a mid tier character lol

The more gameplay I see of Tremor the more I believe he's pretty decent, mid tier at best.

I believe the three things that will make a player good with Tremor is:

• Having a strong defense
  • Conditioning your opponent and being mindful of your pressure
  • Meter management

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
So I guess I'm super late on learning that his ex db1d is + on block despite what the frame data says. This shit is good lol. Advantage low launching armor that's really good in footsies and can be cancelled? @General M2Dave have you apologized yet?

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
So I guess I'm super late on learning that his ex db1d is + on block despite what the frame data says. This shit is good lol. Advantage low launching armor that's really good in footsies and can be cancelled? @General M2Dave have you apologized yet?
Yea up closebyouc an do a super short RC-2 and they have to either block or armor

SEV

Noob
Midscreen you can link 21D4U4xxDB2D combos into B12xxDF2 for better spacing on oki. It leaves them a lot closer than F121 or B2xxDB2 so you won't have to chase them down if you armor up on oki, and the spacing is close enough so you can go for better set ups from DB3 as well. It still has good corner carry but it's a bit less distance than a B2xxDB2 ender, but I think it's worth it since you're a lot closer on oki.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Alright you hulkamaniacs, I need you all to tell me straight if I should learn this mean green fighting machine or just stick with aftershock. Crystalline looks gdlk but I've seen mostly aftershock, so is this veriation worth putting time into or should I stick with aftershock?

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Alright you hulkamaniacs, I need you all to tell me straight if I should learn this mean green fighting machine or just stick with aftershock. Crystalline looks gdlk but I've seen mostly aftershock, so is this veriation worth putting time into or should I stick with aftershock?
I've been mostly playing crystalline after being disappointed by metallic. Being able to eat one hit is an amazing ability when used properly. I was actually zoning a scorpion player quite a bit using mostly overhead rocks. If he teleports I'll punish if I have armor up. The armor creates gaps in certain strings and specials so I could take the first hit of his ex teleport or the last hit of one of his 3 hit strings to make it punishable. On wakeup you are pretty much unstoppable since most wakeups are one hitters or aren't quick enough to hit twice. I barely use the interactable and honestly I feel it's not worth using. I think crystalline covers certain matchups better than aftershock since you can literally shut down certain options on characters with armor. While aftershock has more space control with air quake and the deadlier corner setups with meter.

Guys I need block string help!!!!!

Ok so I know down 3 is plus 2
F121 plus 2
Db1d ex plus 10 or whatever

BUT

What is the strings that everyone uses I try doing F121 xxdb1dex but everything I try after that point either doesn't work gets blown up or idk

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Guys I need block string help!!!!!

Ok so I know down 3 is plus 2
F121 plus 2
Db1d ex plus 10 or whatever

BUT

What is the strings that everyone uses I try doing F121 xxdb1dex but everything I try after that point either doesn't work gets blown up or idk
Going to have to make some reads/guesses and condition your opponent. I think the only reliable block string would be 21d4xxDb1(cancel) repeat. I don't know the plus frames off of cancelling the special moves though.

If your opponent smells a f1 coming they might low poke you. I do it to other tremors I face all the time.

Dukmunky

Arms Dealer, including all 4 of Goro's
This is not true ^ Hulkamania is a contender for top 5 character .
No. Not with these characters clearly having more favorable matchups:
Kung Lao
Tanya
Predator
Reptile
Shinnok
Raiden
Cassie
Jax
Maybe D'Vorah
Maybe Takeda

That said, Tremor can do work in the hands of the right player. But you are going to have to work harder and make better reads than your opponent.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Man I'm gonna make a bold prediction here.

You ready? At highest execution and full comfort plus strong MU understanding this variation could be his best.

No. Not with these characters clearly having more favorable matchups:
Kung Lao
Tanya
Predator
Reptile
Shinnok
Raiden
Cassie
Jax
Maybe D'Vorah
Maybe Takeda

That said, Tremor can do work in the hands of the right player. But you are going to have to work harder and make better reads than your opponent.
Definitely Dvorah.