What's new

General/Other - Crystalline Crystalline Variation Discussion Thread

SEV

Noob
Found a lot of gaps in characters' strings. I started out looking for any possible gap, so I'm going to refine it into favorable risk/reward situations before I post it. I have to say though, Crystalline don't give two shits about 50/50's or tick throws and will probably have some the most favorable MUs in the game.

I've never played SF, but from what I've seen and heard, Crystalline is going to be the Hakan of this game: nothing special about the base character, but as soon as he gets his oil up, or in this case armor, he becomes one of the best characters in the game.

Last edited:

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Found a lot of gaps in characters' strings. I started out looking for any possible gap, so I'm going to refine it into favorable risk/reward situations before I post it. I have to say though, Crystalline don't give two shits about 50/50's or tick throws and will probably have some the most favorable MUs in the game.

I've never played SF, but from what I've seen and heard, Crystalline is going to be the Hakan of this game: nothing special about the base character, but as soon as he gets his oil up, or in this case armor, he becomes one of the best characters in the game.
It's just like lex in injustice imo. so i'm kinda excited haha

Tom Brady - "revolver can't be as good in mkx because he doesn't have walking armor" surprise bitch

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
I'm certain this variation will Trump all others due to Krystallization. What would be AMAZING is a list or video of strings where you want to take a certain hit with Krystallization to punish it. He can't properly be pressured, right?

GS_Zodiac

Determined to make a name for the mid-west
I'm certain this variation will Trump all others due to Krystallization. What would be AMAZING is a list or video of strings where you want to take a certain hit with Krystallization to punish it. He can't properly be pressured, right?
You simply can't beat the krystalization setups. They're safe on knockdown, you eat any wake up attacks and they're basically forced to play your game.

While I think metallic is exceptional I firmly believe this is his better variation

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
was teching in the lab and discovered
F12xxEXDB1D, NJP, F3, run cancel, F121 DB2 which on its own is 36% then add EXDD4 to add an extra 13% guarunteed which makes 49%

then the same combo except with B32 starter instead of F12 and overall that goes up to 51% over all, 53% if you add a jump in

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
With Tremor's crystal armor, what happens if a character cancels or staggers safe strings? Like is there certain situations where your opponent can do something that isn't much of a guess?

I don't know if I'm explaining my question right :/

EDIT: OK. So the way I see it is, if someone is taking advantage of Tremor's armor they would intentionally get hit by certain parts of certain strings and either f1 or armor the rest as a punish. I figured to beat this a person would need to stagger safe strings and go for minimal pressure, or on a read cancel into a special move.

My question is: Does anyone know of any way for the opponent to do something without a read or guesswork?
Like say they can default to a certain blockstring where they either go through it or can block anything you do. This way they wouldn't have to worry about the armor or reads. This hypothetical tactic might not get them any actual benefits except make it where they don't have to worry about the armor.

Is that better @GS_Zodiac

Last edited:

GS_Zodiac

Determined to make a name for the mid-west
With Tremor's crystal armor, what happens if a character cancels or staggers safe strings? Like is there certain situations where your opponent can do something that isn't much of a guess?

I don't know if I'm explaining my question right :/
Try again please.

infamy23

FireBeard
Some general info about Krystallization / Dark Krystal

DD1:

Starts up in 43 frames.
Lasts for 5 seconds.
Absorbs 1 hit.
Reduces the damage of that 1 hit by 33%
Negates any kind of physical effect, (launchers, knockbacks, capture states etc...) *I did notice that if you absorb the last hit of KJ's EXDB3 it still causes a stagger and makes that move impossible to punish, so this aspect of the move needs more testing*

Reduces the hitstun caused by that 1 hit by a variable amount.

For example, if you absorb a D2, you will be in hitstun longer than if you absorb a D1. I only tested it against Jax so far, but the hitstun was 18 frames after a D1, and 23 frames after a D2.

Also in my testing, I found that Jax's standing 3 which is normally -6, becomes -18 if you absorb it. A difference of 12 frames.
His B1 which is normally -5, becomes -12. A difference of 7 frames.

So basically there is no way to know how plus you are going to be after absorbing something. We just have to experiment.

EXDD1:

Everything is the same, except for the faster startup (35 frames), the duration (10 seconds), and the damage reduction (100% instead of 33%).

ando1184

Noob
Some general info about Krystallization / Dark Krystal

DD1:

Starts up in 43 frames.
Lasts for 5 seconds.
Absorbs 1 hit.
Reduces the damage of that 1 hit by 33%
Negates any kind of physical effect, (launchers, knockbacks, capture states etc...) *I did notice that if you absorb the last hit of KJ's EXDB3 it still causes a stagger and makes that move impossible to punish, so this aspect of the move needs more testing*

Reduces the hitstun caused by that 1 hit by a variable amount.

For example, if you absorb a D2, you will be in hitstun longer than if you absorb a D1. I only tested it against Jax so far, but the hitstun was 18 frames after a D1, and 23 frames after a D2.

Also in my testing, I found that Jax's standing 3 which is normally -6, becomes -18 if you absorb it. A difference of 12 frames.
His B1 which is normally -5, becomes -12. A difference of 7 frames.

So basically there is no way to know how plus you are going to be after absorbing something. We just have to experiment.

EXDD1:

Everything is the same, except for the faster startup (35 frames), the duration (10 seconds), and the damage reduction (100% instead of 33%).
Ok so the MB version you're saying takes 0% damage from tremor on hit? If so, then this really is like luthor's trait lol. I didn't test that aspect of it but that's awesome news :)

infamy23

FireBeard
So we all know at this point that Tremor's frame data is messed up, but this error I found is pretty significant:

This applies to Crystalline only.

In-game frame data says:

DB1 (23 startup) (-12 on block) (29 on hit)
EXDB1 (23 startup) (-12 on block) (29 on hit)

Actual frame data is:

DB1 (28 startup) (+1 on block) (+11 on hit)
EXDB1 (28 startup) (+11 on block) (knockdown on hit)

So looks like Tremor can cancel into a special that is +11 on block.

Remind you of anyone?

Zaccel

Noob
I'm digging Crystalline. He combines my fetishes for armor application (Ruthless Ferra/Torr) and string interruptions for big damage (Cutthroat Kano). Definitely going to see if there's any dirty setups with df3.

Last edited:

ando1184

Noob
Also I haven't seen anyone mention this in here so I'm not sure if it's common knowlege; but when you summon the interactable and then meter burn the throw or the jump, you gain 3 hits of armor.
The opponent can also use this as an interractable as well :(

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
Found a 36% 1 bar safe corner rock drop setup
b32EXdb1d, d2, 123 rock drop

EDIT: can also go 31% meterless rock drop set up
b32db2d, f3db2u, NJP, f3 rock drop

Last edited:

ando1184

Noob
Found a 36% 1 bar safe corner rock drop setup
b32EXdb1d, d2, 123 rock drop

EDIT: can also go 31% meterless rock drop set up
b32db2d, f3db2u, NJP, f3 rock drop
Does the first combo knock them outta the corner? What's everyone doing as their bnb in the corner? So far I've been doing f121, db2u, njp, f3, db2u, 3, db2 = 27% meterless and hard knockdown.

Runks

Noob
I
was teching in the lab and discovered
F12xxEXDB1D, NJP, F3, run cancel, F121 DB2 which on its own is 36% then add EXDD4 to add an extra 13% guarunteed which makes 49%

then the same combo except with B32 starter instead of F12 and overall that goes up to 51% over all, 53% if you add a jump in
Can't get the end of it to connect. The f3 RC f212 db2 to connect. Db2 whiffs

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
Does the first combo knock them outta the corner? What's everyone doing as their bnb in the corner? So far I've been doing f121, db2u, njp, f3, db2u, 3, db2 = 27% meterless and hard knockdown.
It keeps them in the corner because db1d knocks them towards you enough so the uppercut just launches them straight up, still debating if rock setups are worth it though

My corner bnbs so far are
(combo starter)db2d, f3db2u, f3db2u, 3db2 31-34%
(Combo starter)EXdb1d, uppercut, 1, 123db2 38-41% sure there's better combos though

Last edited:

infamy23

FireBeard
That combo seems impossible. There is so much gravity after the f3 that I can barely connect a f1 which is 7 frames, let alone a db2u which is 22 frames.