What's new

General/Other - Crystalline Crystalline Variation Discussion Thread

infamy23

FireBeard
100% 3 bar reset.

Obviously you can delay wakeup to avoid this, but just the fact that you can take 100% of someone's health if they DON'T delayed wakeup, means that you've taken away all of your opponent's options.

The important thing about this setup to me is that when the 8% rock drop is absorbed by armor, it is completely unscaled which means the last combo is 60% instead of 52%.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
The more I play this variation the better I realise tremor is. I'm glad m2dave is saying tremor is bad cause this character will get buffs and it will tip him over the edge lmao. 7 frame high string which ends at plus 2, 10 frame mid which can always be made safe, armoured launcher which is at least +7 on block and a move which can blow up single hitting reversals and specific strings without any effort. Pretty good if you ask me. This isn't just theory either, I've been playing foxy and the proof is in the pudding.

Do we have any concrete frame data on EX db1? I've seen people say it's at least +10 but I can't seem to guarantee a standing 2 afterwards in practice with cassie set to reversal ex flip kick, only f1.

infamy23

FireBeard
The more I play this variation the better I realise tremor is. I'm glad m2dave is saying tremor is bad cause this character will get buffs and it will tip him over the edge lmao. 7 frame high string which ends at plus 2, 10 frame mid which can always be made safe, armoured launcher which is at least +7 on block and a move which can blow up single hitting reversals and specific strings without any effort. Pretty good if you ask me. This isn't just theory either, I've been playing foxy and the proof is in the pudding.

Do we have any concrete frame data on EX db1? I've seen people say it's at least +10 but I can't seem to guarantee a standing 2 afterwards in practice with cassie set to reversal ex flip kick, only f1.
It's +10.... I posted all of his frame data on page 3.

Stuff hits on the first active frame in this game, regardless of what people like to say.

You can't guarantee a standing 2 because it's 10 frame startup, which means it hits on the 11th frame.

d1 is 9 frames and it's guaranteed, so EXdb1 must be +10

For some reason I thought it was +11 I'll have to correct that.

Regular db1 is either neutral or +1 I'll have to do some more testing. You can trade a d3 (hits on 12th frame) with Tanya's reversal low drill (hits on 11th frame) so that's why I concluded that it's +1, but it's possible that I'm trading with her 2nd active frame which would mean it's neutral.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
It's +10.... I posted all of his frame data on page 3.

Stuff hits on the first active frame in this game, regardless of what people like to say.

You can't guarantee a standing 2 because it's 10 frame startup, which means it hits on the 11th frame.

d1 is 9 frames and it's guaranteed, so EXdb1 must be +10

For some reason I thought it was +11 I'll have to correct that.

Regular db1 is either neutral or +1 I'll have to do some more testing. You can trade a d3 (hits on 12th frame) with Tanya's reversal low drill (hits on 11th frame) so that's why I concluded that it's +1, but it's possible that I'm trading with her 2nd active frame which would mean it's neutral.
Awesome, thanks for the clear response.

infamy23

FireBeard
Yeah upon further testing, Tanya's low drill does not hit on the 11th frame like it's supposed to.

Ferra's reversal grab hits on the 11th frame and it trades with s1 (10 frames), so db1 is neutral on block.

I dont think anyone else has mentioned this... but if you use an armored move while Tremor has the Krystallization armor on, Tremor will get hit as if he was using the Krystallization armor and still have the armor on. I'm not sure if thats useful, but its interesting to note.

E

Eldriken

I dont think anyone else has mentioned this... but if you use an armored move while Tremor has the Krystallization armor on, Tremor will get hit as if he was using the Krystallization armor and still have the armor on. I'm not sure if thats useful, but its interesting to note.
Does it basically function as having two hits of armor?

SEV

Noob
Yeah, you need to always lose your armor before you're able to use an armored reversal: you're always put into hit stun when losing your armor, so if you lose it in the middle of an armored reversal, you'll be hit out of it, wasting your bar.

Any tips on interrupting strings with krystallization and f1? I can get them about half the time but the timing feels really strict. Also, I can not interrupt mileena's f343 with f1...I have to use armor but @SEV's guide says that f1 should do it.

Last edited:

podizzler3000

http://streamable.com/ti5z
what are you guys using to wakeup? EXdb2d?

also can anyone tell me why when i input f12~EX db1d it constantly comes out as f12~EX db2d???????

Last edited:

SEV

Noob
Any tips on interrupting strings with krystallization and f1? I can get them about half the time but the timing feels really strict. Also, I can not interrupt mileena's f343 with f1...I have to use armor but @SEV's guide says that f1 should do it.
It's because you can't interrupt F343 with F1 and there's no point to armor through when it's already punishable on block, so I didn't list it as an option. Some of the guide requires a certain level of match up experience to know the frame data of what is already punishable: F34 is normally safe so in most cases, the player will end the string there, but if you eat the 4, you can run in a punish with F1; so, this forces the Mileena player to have to take a risk if she wants to use the string at all. She has to either finish it, which will be punishable, or cancel into Ex Roll, which is also punishable.

Whenever you go for a F1 punish, there will always be some level of risk involved, but the main idea is to deter people from using the punishable strings in the first place, because the risk reward will never be in their favor, attempting to limit them to pokes for the most part. Unfortunately that meta won't be around for a long time, because I don't really expect Tremors' to have the tech down for a long while.

If something isn't listed in the guide, it most likely can't be done, or shouldn't be done.

Last edited:
what are you guys using to wakeup? EXdb2d?

also can anyone tell me why when i input f12~EX db1d it constantly comes out as f12~EX db2d???????
I personally use Ex db1 (any version) to wake up. They all launch, even though they are slow. As far as the input error, it sounds like your release check (I think that's what it's called) is on. Go to controller settings and turn it off.

podizzler3000

http://streamable.com/ti5z
did a little more experimenting and f12~dbd is causing the krystal fist to come out. wtf?

ah shit i had release check on. i thought i turned it off but apparently i didnt save it. thanks

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I was messing around in the lab and noticed some weird stuff using NJP and Lui Kang's EXdb2 on wakeup.

You can time NJP to hit and still block.
You can time NJP to hit but end up on the other side so you don't have to block (Seems very hard easier to just have it whiff and land on the other side.)
I got NJP to stuff it completely on startup. I don't know if this was a bug or if there is no armor right at the start of the move.

One, more, thing . . . After EXdb1d if you take the slightest step back you can d2 and keep your opponent in the corner. This leads to simple 40% combos.
(Starter)xxEXdb1, slight step back, d2, f12xxdb2u, 12d3, 123.
For the step back just d2 the moment you see Tremor shuffle. Doesn't have to be a whole step.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
Ok guys im officially on board with tremor. A couple days ago i came in second at a local using him. (Ill post videos later) but count me in.

By far the most fun in the game si far for me