What's new

General/Other - Crystalline Crystalline Variation Discussion Thread

Zyos

Zyos aka Mr Mix ya Girl
Please keep these vids in your original post so we don't clutter up the thread. Is anyone finding any good stuff for "hulking" up? Im having decent success canceling strings into it for pressure but i really wish it let you tank the 1 hit like quan chi.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Please keep these vids in your original post so we don't clutter up the thread. Is anyone finding any good stuff for "hulking" up? Im having decent success canceling strings into it for pressure but i really wish it let you tank the 1 hit like quan chi.
Wait. So it doesn't work like QC's Sorceror spell?? Please don't tell me the hitstun removes your follow up ability...

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
@DYNA$TY please dont post 3 different videos one after another in different posts, all mentioned above it causes clutter.
ive edited your post there.
every post has a edit option for if you add onto a post,
also prob best to keep combos in the combo thread as much as possible

SEV

Noob
So something a little silly with Crystalline is his DD1 armor. After taking the initial hit, when it breaks, it leaves you neutral, so you can intentionally take a hit mid string, then punish with F12 DB2D.

As an example, go in the lab with double Tremor, set a bot to use F121. You can block the F1, unblock and eat the 2, then punish with F12 DB3D before the 1 connects.

F121 has no gaps, but with the way his armor works you can punish it despite the fact that it is a completely safe pressure string. I'd imagine he can do the same thing with the majority of the cast using certain strings so essentially you can't attempt any pressure on Crystalline if his armor is up without the risk of eating at least 25%+.

Maybe a little over powered?

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
So something a little silly with Crystalline is his DD1 armor. After taking the initial hit, when it breaks, it leaves you neutral, so you can intentionally take a hit mid string, then punish with F12 DB2D.

As an example, go in the lab with double Tremor, set a bot to use F121. You can block the F1, unblock and eat the 2, then punish with F12 DB3D before the 1 connects.

F121 has no gaps, but with the way his armor works you can punish it despite the fact that it is a completely safe pressure string. I'd imagine he can do the same thing with the majority of the cast using certain strings so essentially you can't attempt any pressure on Crystalline if his armor is up without the risk of eating at least 25%+.

That sounds awesome actually. It fits with this neutral based character idea I have of him. I don't have the character yet but to me he'd have to other good fighting game character traits. Great projectiles, great mixups, anti airs, damage. If he has an insane mix of those or something else I'm not thinking of then I wouldn't call his unique thing over powered at all.

ROCKYjaysZone

Darkseid Oppression
This is the first variation I am beginning to look into. I so far am loving his move set and need to explore further. I am considering maining him with my Cassie.

One thing I have been doing after a NJP and Jumping 1 is F+121 canceled into either overhead or low projectile. You get and extra 8-9% if they don't block quick enough. Im still testing on it and different situations will update my post.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

There's a LOT of ridiculous bs in this game. Don't use to O word please.

Ok so what your saying is, it can be used as a counter of sorts, especially on a read? As in say you're traited and you're blocking something like D'Vorah's F112. You can take the 3rd hit purposely and full combo before they can block or cancel pressure? This is the true question.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
for the doomsday trait move, can you absorb a hit midstring and then block the next hit? I know you can absorb a hit and interrupt some normally safe strings but I don't know if blocking is possible.
Is there reduced damage on it?
Can you get out projectiles quicker if you throw one, trade with opponent's projectile with armor up and then throw another because of the reduced hitstun?
Do things like iceblast and Soul capture stun you?

Herrm

My blade thanks you.

Crystalline variation midscreen 39% 1 bar / 52% 2 bar corner-carry with hard knockdown.

j2, b32~EXdb1d, njp, f3, rc, f12~db2

Add EXdd4 at the end for an additional and unblockable 13%, totaling 52%.

SEV

Noob
There's a LOT of ridiculous bs in this game. Don't use to O word please.

Ok so what your saying is, it can be used as a counter of sorts, especially on a read? As in say you're traited and you're blocking something like D'Vorah's F112. You can take the 3rd hit purposely and full combo before they can block or cancel pressure? This is the true question.
I was going to look into it more, but you take a hit mid string and the crystalline shield breaks leaving you at neutral, creating a gap in an otherwise safe string. Sometimes the gap is large enough for a meterless punish with F1(7 frame high), others you need to armor through.

Another example is Jason's B122 string: you can block B1, then unblock, if he went for a tick throw then it will whiff, if he continues the string then you eat the first 2 of the string creating a gap before the second 2, that you can punish with armor(there wasn't enough of a gap to get a meterless punish with F1).

You don't need to make a read though, if you see the opponent using a string that you know you can create a gap in, it's game on. The opponent would have to make a read and stagger their string pressure but if even if the Tremor player goes for it and the other player read it, Tremor can't be punished because he can block after the taking a hit with the armor up.

I haven't checked D'Vorah but you have the right idea . I was going to test it on characters most used strings and post what I find later.

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I was going to look into it more, but you take a hit mid string and the crystalline shield breaks leaving you at neutral, creating a gap in an otherwise safe string. Sometimes the gap is large enough for a meterless punish with F1(7 frame high), others you need to armor through.

Another example is Jason's B122 string: you can block B1, then unblock, if he went for a tick throw then it will whiff, if he continues the string then you eat the first 2 of the string creating a gap before the second 2, that you can punish with armor(there wasn't enough of a gap to get a meterless punish with F1).

You don't need to make a read though, if you see the opponent using a string that you know you can create a gap in, it's game on. The opponent would have to make a read and stagger their string pressure but if even if the Tremor player goes for it and the other player read it, Tremor can't be punished because he can block after the taking a hit with the armor up.

I haven't checked D'Vorah but you have the right idea . I was going to test it on characters most used strings and post what I find later.
Oh yea this sounds like it can be really good if you know the MU.

lwght

Noob
I do not know if anyone has figured this out . Every combo in crystalline variation ending in db2 , you can use dd1 and stay safe.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Here is 37% 1 bar Crystalline bnb ending in a hard knockdown to setup armor safely or otgwith ground pulse.
21d4xx MB'd Db1d, Njp, B2, b12xxdb2.
You can skip the b2 but you'll lose 1 percent.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Here is 37% 1 bar Crystalline bnb ending in a hard knockdown to setup armor safely or otgwith ground pulse.
21d4xx MB'd Db1d, Njp, B2, b12xxdb2.
You can skip the b2 but you'll lose 1 percent.
I prefer to skip the b2 because just work for me 50% offline, so online.... :(
My setups are (easy, midscreen)
-no meter(low, overhead): 21D4-DB2D-B2-F121 into xxDD1 or DF3. 25% (27% with jiP)
-1bar(low): 21D4-mbDB1D-NJP-B2-F121 into xxDD1 or DF3 . 33% (35% with jiP)
The DD1 allows to pressure with the armor and the DF3 after the F121 gives you the perfect distance to try the flying krystal(13%)