What's new

Crispy cancels...

FluffyKittenPops

#ONTHERISE
Let's cut the bullshit TYM.

There is so much miss information going around it makes me sick. The ideas of run cancels is specifically what I'm talking about. Can you name all the characters with them?

If you listed predator on your list you are dead wrong. Can we talk about predator cancels? I must admit I didn't know this until last night but when I figured it out I almost fell over. I was under the impression that HQT had the same run cancels as everyone else. I thought Burger King had godlike execution but then I tried it myself.

There is no run cancel. He can just dash out of it and be + frames. When a character like Kang dashes out he actually dashes and loses frames. The simplicity of this baffles me. Try it for yourself. Practice Liu Kang f44 fbrc f44 and then go practice predator 32 dash cancel 122. Easy mode.

HQT has pre patch Tanya teleport cancel pressure but easier and with more plus frames.

Next up is Jax. His cancels although they are true run cancels, they are soooooo easy. I think it's the DB motion but it doesn't take a hit box to do these 100% of the time. I figured it out in 5 minutes and haven't messed up yet everyday I practice Kang f44 fbrc f44 and am inconsistent.

A list cage has true run cancels that are difficult however off his "dizzy knee" f3, he can just easily rc out while holding 4 to hit confirm or be + frames. I hope this one was known already but FYI just the same. Respect to those that can do them consistently although I have seen dizzy mess them up time to time.

Anyways...my point is this, don't assume one thing equals another. Fbrc for Kang are not fbrc for predator. Some high execution characters like cage and devorah have them but most have something very different with totally different inputs.

End rant. #buffkang&tanya&nightwing

MKX cancels tier list

hardest to easiest

(Harder than they should be)
Devorah brood mother
Kang Dragon fire
Tremor
Cage a list

(Right where they should be)
Jacqui high tech
Raiden thunder God
Tanya kobu jutsu (only cause it got nerfed)

(Way too easy)
Devorah swarm queen
Scorp hell fire
Predator hqt
Ferra/torr ruthless
Erron Black marksman
Jax heavy weapons

Tell me if I missed something
forgot takeda

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
So the point of this thread is what exactly? To downplay Kang's insane pressure because it's difficult? I hope they nerf the fuck out of his run cancel pressure now so some of these players can see how good they actually had it. Buff Dualist though cuz it's hype.:p

DeftMonk

Noob
I don't agree with your perspective in the slightest. Run cancels are about timing, not about one is easier than another. For instance...some of the alist cancels like f2skrc anything require your timing to have very fast speed. So if i then use raiden i must slow it down and wait for the cancel frames. This is difficult for me. IMO This post says "run cancels have different timing! and oh ya HQT (and Jacqui) can dash cancel and remain + frames". Everyone just learn the timing for their character's run cancels.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
So basically Liu Kang mains are asking us to get on our knees and worship them for the execution masters that they are?
No but to compare Kang to predator is rediculous. People assume all cancels are the same and this thread is about the knowledge. Not all cancels are the same.
Funny how Predator has been a force since release and some people are just finding out how the character works. He is a crazy good character and it makes me slightly glad I bought him . . . on PC. Who was even saying all "run" cancels are the same?

@AK L0rdoftheFLY Idk how Kobu Justu or High Tech cancels works but Raiden can't cancel his fireball ASAP. The fireball has to form. Do you know if any other characters work like that?

@SaltShaker If that Predator you're talking about is the guy that was there when I played, he said something like "Marvel gets me more hyped" and once I saw he played Predator that's all I needed to know about him. He's despicable lol. But how did you not know how easy Predator is to play lol? How many weeks have you been facing Predators in a row?
Raidens cancel is slower but it fits for him imo
forgot takeda
What is his cancel and in which variation?
So the point of this thread is what exactly? To downplay Kang's insane pressure because it's difficult? I hope they nerf the fuck out of his run cancel pressure now so some of these players can see how good they actually had it. Buff Dualist though cuz it's hype.:p
Awww come on. The point I stated already. Acknowledge the cancel execution barrier is vastly different before calling for nerfs.

I do agree to buff dualist though

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I don't agree with your perspective in the slightest. Run cancels are about timing, not about one is easier than another. For instance...some of the alist cancels like f2skrc anything require your timing to have very fast speed. So if i then use raiden i must slow it down and wait for the cancel frames. This is difficult for me. IMO This post says "run cancels have different timing! and oh ya HQT (and Jacqui) can dash cancel and remain + frames". Everyone just learn the timing for their character's run cancels.
Ok

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Just gonna throw this out there.
I hate in guides or when people talk about run cancelling shit that isn't cancelling. You are just running after you recovered
Your cancels are all shit compared to PnG run cancels.
Lemme get this nice 50/50 hit-confirmable 20%-40% meterless combo that also gives me a damage buff and leaves me + even if I fuck up or you guess right. d.d.3 f.f.rb with a 34 frame window to do it. Fuck hard dash/run cancels, if it takes more than 2 directions and 2 buttons you're working too hard.

Even Indecisive couldn't choke hard enough to mess it up.
Even Pantychrist could do it.
Hell, Decay could take his hands off of the controller and just flex and eat Jerky with TTG (aka flipkev) and the PnG would leave him at enough + frames to draw a sketch of the opponent in blockstun and post it to TYM.

Crispy cancels? Fuck that, these cancels are soft as Sonicfox's hat.
Derp

Give Bone Shaper the ability to run cancel his projectile.

#HeNeedsIt
For some reason I read that as Boner shaper

DeftMonk

Noob
I don't mean anything negative by it at all. It just seems to me whats difficult for one is easy for another and vice versa...all in all I get scared everytime i see a thread that has anything to do with cancels because I am afraid within lies cries for nerfs and all the characters I use utilize cancels of some form :p.

Rocket

For the Shirai Ryu.
Scorpions 21 cancels are easy yes but his b3 and f4 cancels are difficult, i'm pretty sure they are one frame links.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
So 6 months in and people don't know that run cancels are individual to the characters.... Ok cool.

4 months after release and people don't know that HQT doesn't do run cancels. Yes they're stupid easy but so is the character.

I suppose we'll just over look the fact that DF also has the best run cancel pressure in the game, seeing as there is an undertone of downplaying.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
The raiden comment was more adv example for my question. If any other characters have to wait to do their cancel like how raiden has to wait for his lightning to actually form (excluding the new wait period that wss patched in for someone.)?

FluffyKittenPops

#ONTHERISE
No but to compare Kang to predator is rediculous. People assume all cancels are the same and this thread is about the knowledge. Not all cancels are the same.

What is his cancel and in which variation?

Awww come on. The point I stated already. Acknowledge the cancel execution barrier is vastly different before calling for nerfs.

I do agree to buff dualist though
Shirai Ryu. Teleport cancel (db1) Hold 1 and press dd

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Swarm Queen cancels are way to easy? This can only clone from someone wo actually Never Player her lol. I'd like to see you doing These cancels 10/10 then

On hit:
B1,wgc,212
112,wgc,212

On block:
F112,wgc,f112,wgc,f112,ovi
F112,wgc,b1,wgc,212
F112,wgc,f22,wgc,212

Don't put her down there just because you can Do f11 and f22 wgc her gameplan is way more than this

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I don't mean anything negative by it at all. It just seems to me whats difficult for one is easy for another and vice versa...all in all I get scared everytime i see a thread that has anything to do with cancels because I am afraid within lies cries for nerfs and all the characters I use utilize cancels of some form :p.
I'm anti nerf too I'm just bringing to light the variance.
Scorpions 21 cancels are easy yes but his b3 and f4 cancels are difficult, i'm pretty sure they are one frame links.
No hey are still pretty easy compared to other characters.
Swarm Queen cancels are way to easy? This can only clone from someone wo actually Never Player her lol. I'd like to see you doing These cancels 10/10 then

On hit:
B1,wgc,212
112,wgc,212

On block:
F112,wgc,b1,wgc,212
F112,wgc,f22,wgc,212

Don't put her down there just because you can Do f11 and f22 wgc her gameplan is way more than this
Your right and I'm happy to change it. Where do you feel she belongs?

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King

On hit:
B1,wgc,212
112,wgc,212

On block:
F112,wgc,b1,wgc,212
F112,wgc,f22,wgc,212

don't forget b1 wgc into block on block. Or f112 wgc 2 wgc 2 into block on block