What's new

Crispy cancels...

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Those are fair points, but they don't address my assertions.

Doesn't work on some characters is not the same as doesn't work at all. Different match ups have different options because of different hitboxes. I don't like it, but we don't get to pretend that the option doesn't exist because it isn't universal. Sub-Zero has hitbox dependent set ups as well.

I feel we may be talking past each other. Are you asserting that JC isn't a great pressure character with run cancels? I don't think so. Are you trying to say that JC is not as good a pressure character as Liu Kang? I think you are. To which I say, he has a lot more options and overall better frame data. It's a subjective stance overall, which is why I'm pointing at the objective frame data to show you where my opinion is coming from.

And one meter is one meter. How much it builds back on block is different than how much it costs up front. And since we can only use the meter when we have it, rather than totaling our debits and credits together at the end of the quarter to see if we can go back in time and use the net profit to burn a meter- one meter is one meter.
I'm not even going to bother because you don't get it and are only interest in numbers.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Just gonna throw this out there.
I hate in guides or when people talk about run cancelling shit that isn't cancelling. You are just running after you recovered
Putting "run cancel" in a combo means to cancel the run into the following move, while also letting you know you need to run to make it link. There's nothing wrong with it.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Am i the only person that visits character forums for not my main? Seems kinda silly to have all this MU info just lying around and not use it.
I read my own character forums the least.

Of course, part of that is because it's presently full of trolls complaining because their Inferno Scorpions lose to my character online, but I digress.

The info is and has been out there for some time. The onus is on every one else to take the initiative to find it.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I honestly find it weird that people still don't know how much Liu Kang and Johnny are plus on their run cancels.

I've known it for a long time and I don't even main the characters. I just read the forums. I thought this was the purpose of this site lol.