What's new

SonicFox new tier list

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
Every time I look at this list, it introduces me to some weirdness.

Raiden at the same level of Geras... Bro, I can't.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
If you take the time to listen to what SonicFox has to say about the placements, instead of just ranting on TYM, you might actually have something useful to say. The VOD is here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/516814244

That being said, I don't agree with a lot of placements but SF has a cool way of looking at the game and makes some legit points. I do think they tend to overlook weakness in normals for potential (for instace, both Kano and Kollector have pretty bad pokes which means you can disrespect them alot). And of course, it's SF making top 8's and me sitting at home playing some KL every once lol

Zviko

Noob
I can totally see how most of you see this tier list and are like this guy is drunk. But I wonder how many of you also went to watch back his stream and listen the reasons for all those placements. I'm guessing no one.

Zviko

Noob
To me this looks like one of those sheep follow sheep situations. Like all the tier lists look pretty much alike on the bottom side and that's for 1 reason and 1 reason only. People don't have any knowledge of those characters and instead of putting time into them they just place them like most others have before them. And that's exactly what's happening here. 90% of you have no idea what characters like Raijin or Kollector can do but because you either don't see them a lot or your knowledge of the game is lacking a lot (or even both), you just assume they are trash because everyone else puts them low on their tier list.

And you can be right sometimes. Even Sonic says some stupid stuff sometimes and then changes his mind after a while. And because of that we've come to the point that no one believes anything he says anymore and just assumes that's bs even though it might make sense. The point is, don't be sheep.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
It would be hilarious if NRS takes this tier list super serious and decides to buff Sub-Zero and Erron Black while nerfing Raiden and Kollector, lol.
I would like to think NRS have more sense than that lol. I mean clearly Ed boon is a sonic fan, but we also all know ed doesnt do the balancing, testing himself etc. Hes the big cheese of nrs. He can approve or disapprove however.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Krushing Blows; Geras > Raiden %100
Fatal Blow; Geras > Raiden %100
Flawless Block Attacks; Geras > Raiden %1000
Damage; Geras > Raiden % 1.000.000
Geras; no flawless blockable gaps
Raiden; many fbable gaps
Throws; Geras > Raiden %100
Normals; Geras > Raiden %100
Zoning; Everyone knows how sand traps works in this game.
Poke; Geras
D2; Geras
All Geras

And those 2 at the same tier.

404 - FE

S+ Main

Noob
Raiden; many fbable gaps
Poke; Geras
D2; Geras
All Geras

404 - FE
But Raiden got cool hat tho

Seems the whole point of Sonic's tier list is that all characters are viable, some more than others. I think how it's presented (ie, putting a lot of people in the highest tier) is what can sort of undermine what they're trying to convey. I personally, of course, have some issues with their list but it's crazy to think that my perspective is somehow more informed than arguably the best NRS player in the game. The best case you can make against Sonic's lists are characters seem to move a lot even with minimal changes (namely, Skarlet went from top tier to mid in this list, they famously had Shao Kahn really high early on in his weakest iteration and Shao's only fallen with each list). This can either be attributed to SonicFox self correcting or learning more and more about the game that these lists end up being so fluid they're not that meaningful since it's really just a glimpse into how the game feels at that time to them.

MKF30

Raiden; many fbable gaps
Poke; Geras
D2; Geras
All Geras

404 - FE
He had to be high.

haketh

Noob
I get his point but hes still off about raiden the point you people are missing hes not S tier. I also never said tourney is the same as kl but kl makes you use the same variations and is clearly competitive. My point is it's enough to
judge whether or not a character is viable or not.
Why is Raijin not real good, I’ve been saying this for awhile especially with how he can handle characters like Jacqui & people who rely on staggers

MKF30

Why is Raijin not real good, I’ve been saying this for awhile especially with how he can handle characters like Jacqui & people who rely on staggers
If Sonic was that confident, why didn't he use Raijin Raiden in the last tournament yet instead went with Kollector to take on the Jacqui's and such?

Zviko

Noob
If Sonic was that confident, why didn't he use Raijin Raiden in the last tournament yet instead went with Kollector to take on the Jacqui's and such?
He was confident but he said Raiden becomes boring fast. He also said he would've picked Raiden against Ninjakilla if he wanted to trihard.

MKF30

He was confident but he said Raiden becomes boring fast. He also said he would've picked Raiden against Ninjakilla if he wanted to trihard.
Honestly, boring sounds like an excuse. Jaqui to me is boring as a character and gameplay wise but obviously shes better than raiden. I will believe hes that good when someone wins a tourney with him.

Answer the question
Already did, now you answer mine.

DeftMonk

Noob
Bro step back and think about this for a second. If this sentence read like "if sonic thinks raiden is so good why didn't he rock geras?"I would understand.For real being a g and sticking it out with some rando super unrepresented character doesn't mean hes afraid to play Raiden. But the other guy that almost beat nk honestly looked way more clean with collector he just choked and doesn't have sonic's tourney experience. Actual setups were going on in that man's games which is unheard of in mk11. Im ella drunk I forgot his name. U know tho.