What's new

SonicFox new tier list

You need to be able to separate Sonic the best NRS player in the world from Sonic the attention seeker. His tier lists are born of the latter quality. They're zany and out there because he wants to make a show of some ostentatious, esoteric knowledge that only he has and go against the grain so hard that it's "shocking" and turns every other tier list on its head to get people talking. He's been like this from day 1.

If his point is to sell us on every character being viable you can convey that in a manner that isn't disingenuous, where you pretend chars like Johnny and Geras aren't clearly better than most everyone else. No, just because he's good enough to trash good Geras players with Kollector does not mean Kollector is a comparable character.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Bro step back and think about this for a second. If this sentence read like "if sonic thinks raiden is so good why didn't he rock geras?"I would understand.For real being a g and sticking it out with some rando super unrepresented character doesn't mean hes afraid to play Raiden. But the other guy that almost beat nk honestly looked way more clean with collector he just choked and doesn't have sonic's tourney experience. Actual setups were going on in that man's games which is unheard of in mk11. Im ella drunk I forgot his name. U know tho.
Destroyer? I wouldn't say hes a noname hes pretty famous on yt but hes just not Sonic fox famous. But I'm saying yes If someone says raiden is "s" tier then doesnt play him, I really dont care for the reason why at the end of the day he didnt use raiden. That's my point. With all due respect, sf just picked raiden up. I've been using him since day one. Used every variation, even posted some tech with him. I'm not saying his raijin isnt good but to say its "s" tier is simply wrong. I get people take his words for gold, but I'm not one of them. People just like to believe him because of popularity, known tourney player etc. That doesnt mean he cant be wrong. Think about that for a second. Perhaps when you're sober? :p;)

Last edited:

Zviko

Noob
Honestly, boring sounds like an excuse. Jaqui to me is boring as a character and gameplay wise but obviously shes better than raiden. I will believe hes that good when someone wins a tourney with him.
He picked Kollector though which was also considered low tier by everyone. Bottom 3 actually. And he proved everyone wrong.

MKF30

He picked Kollector though which was also considered low tier by everyone. Bottom 3 actually. And he proved everyone wrong.
Yeah but kollector was also considered better than raiden by most too. I'm not disputing both lower tier, I'm just pointing out that he used kollector since hes not raiden. Personally I think destroyers is better but I digress. I think like deft pointed out he just has way more tourney experience which helps.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Destroyer? I wouldn't say hes a noname hes pretty famous on yt but hes just not Sonic fox famous. But I'm saying yes If someone says raiden is "s" tier then doesnt play him, I really dont care for the reason why at the end of the day he didnt use raiden. That's my point. With all due respect, sf just picked raiden up. I've been using him since day one. Used every variation, even posted some tech with him. I'm not saying his raijin isnt good but to say its "s" tier is simply wrong. I get people take his words for gold, but I'm not one of them. People just like to believe him because of popularity, known tourney player etc. That doesnt mean he cant be wrong. Think about that for a second. Perhaps when you're sober?
Deadly Rebel bro, destroyer ain't that good with Kollector. He didn't play Raiden because the character bores him compared to Kollector and he wasn't going to switch to any other character this tournament, win or lose or whatever. Sad thing for most of us is that Sonic Fox can pick up a character and in a few hours and 10-0 us in the mirror match or against whatever character we use. Also I don't doubt he could've made top 8 with Raiden tbh. In injustice joker was considered to be super low tier but he played him in tournaments for the hell of it.

Anyway I def don't think Raiden is S tier lol.

Last edited:

MKF30

Deadly Rebel bro, destroyer ain't that good with Kollector. He didn't play Raiden because the character bores him compared to Kollector and he wasn't going to switch to any other character this tournament, win or lose or whatever. Sad thing for most of us is that Sonic Fox can pick up a character and in a few hours and 10-0 us in the mirror match or against whatever character we use. Also I don't doubt he could've made top 8 with Raiden tbh. In injustice joker was considered to be super low tier but he played him in tournaments for the hell of it.
Still an excuse, boring is subjective. I find Jacqui boring af all around. I know but just saying a s tier character is actually very good. Raiden may not be as horrible as some have said but sure ain't a tier either. Destroyer isnt a bad player honestly. He was rocking koll day one. Though he does use geras too. I'd have to rewatch the guy you're talking about see what his koll is all about

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Still an excuse, boring is subjective. I find Jacqui boring af all around. I know but just saying a s tier character is actually very good. Raiden may not be as horrible as some have said but sure ain't a tier either. Destroyer isnt a bad player honestly. He was rocking koll day one. Though he does use geras too. I'd have to rewatch the guy you're talking about see what his koll is all about
Here you go.

Zviko

Noob
It was either Kollector or Raiden. He had to pick one and chose Kollector. And yes exactly, boring is subjective and for him he's boring. If you believe it or not it doesn't matter. And if it's true, why would he bore himself just to prove something. He doesn't need to proof anything to you or anyone else anymore.

It was either Kollector or Raiden. He had to pick one and chose Kollector. And yes exactly, boring is subjective and for him he's boring. If you believe it or not it doesn't matter. And if it's true, why would he bore himself just to prove something. He doesn't need to proof anything to you or anyone else anymore.
This is a eternal loop. People say "I'll believe it when he plays a full tournament with x character". He played with kollector. Now Raiden players have the nerve to say the same. If he played with Raiden, Kollector players would say the same. Im so tired of Reading this perpetual downplayers. Yes your characters are horrible and keep you from being da very best of this universee. We get it.

haketh

Noob
Yeah but kollector was also considered better than raiden by most too. I'm not disputing both lower tier, I'm just pointing out that he used kollector since hes not raiden. Personally I think destroyers is better but I digress. I think like deft pointed out he just has way more tourney experience which helps.
Destroyer is not better than Deadlyrebel & Sonic as much as I like him

MKF30

Queenomega: Not the nerve since weve been actually playing the character since day one. If anything would be nerve if others to believe such idrc who says Raiden is God tier without proof is all the evidence you need. Not everyone drinks the sf kool aid. What can I say? How is it downplaying if it's a fact that they're low tier? Because sonic made it to grand finals and still lost means kollector is now "s" tier? Sorry but that's bs. We'll see if he wins with Raijin, til then were not wrong o. that front. I'm tired of people riding his dick "sonic says this. It's TRUE, sonic says that" sorry if were not all shills...

Tier lists real ones exist for a reason, I say once we see them win a tourney because deep down most tourney guys know they're not winning shit with raiden , kollector etc. Rewinds raiden is better than Sonics and even he knows he wont be enough to win a tourney so he switched.

I'm just saying theres proof to back something up and then theres someone's opinion which is not fact. Sadly people on here get the two confused apparently.
‐‐‐-------‐-------------------------------------------------------------------

Zviko, As a player sure but as someone who's been using raiden like my raiden peers yes you cant just say anything idc who he is....that's what I'm saying. But you're right I dont need proof cause the fact remains raiden is still low currently unless he gets more buffs.

@Orochi
Thanks.
Destroyer is not better than Deadlyrebel & Sonic as much as I like him
I dont know much about the deadly rebel guy to be honest I'm watching his stuff now, apparently though neither destroyer or deadly didnt get as far as sonic did .

Sonic I'm sure that's true but then he does have alot more time than destroyer who has a life outside of his channel. He does other things, has a gf etc etc. Destroyer seems like a busy guy who cant go to events as much I've noticed. Bee. Watching him for a while. He is a cool guy too, doesnt have an elitist attitude or anything.

Last edited:
Queenomega: Not the nerve since weve been actually playing the character since day one. If anything would be nerve if others to believe such idrc who says Raiden is God tier without proof is all the evidence you need. Not everyone drinks the sf kool aid. What can I say? How is it downplaying if it's a fact that they're low tier? Because sonic made it to grand finals and still lost means kollector is now "s" tier? Sorry but that's bs. We'll see if he wins with Raijin, til then were not wrong o. that front. I'm tired of people riding his dick "sonic says this. It's TRUE, sonic says that" sorry if were not all shills...

Tier lists real ones exist for a reason, I say once we see them win a tourney because deep down most tourney guys know they're not winning shit with raiden , kollector etc. Rewinds raiden is better than Sonics and even he knows he wont be enough to win a tourney so he switched.

I'm just saying theres proof to back something up and then theres someone's opinion which is not fact. Sadly people on here get the two confused apparently.
‐‐‐-------‐-------------------------------------------------------------------

Zviko, As a player sure but as someone who's been using raiden like my raiden peers yes you cant just say anything idc who he is....that's what I'm saying. But you're right I dont need proof cause the fact remains raiden is still low currently unless he gets more buffs.

@Orochi
Thanks.

I dont know much about the deadly rebel guy to be honest I'm watching his stuff now, apparently though neither destroyer or deadly didnt get as far as sonic did .

Sonic I'm sure that's true but then he does have alot more time than destroyer who has a life outside of his channel. He does other things, has a gf etc etc. Destroyer seems like a busy guy who cant go to events as much I've noticed. Bee. Watching him for a while. He is a cool guy too, doesnt have an elitist attitude or anything.
Man, i wasn't talking about Sonic. I ALWAYS thought Kollector was good, and people kept saying that he's bottom tier and his 44 stagger is "reactable". If it takes Sonic to play an ENTIRE tournament with him for people to be convinced that he's maybe not trash, well, that's the way it is. Maybe you are kinda a sheep, a sheep who doesn't think that he is and just Rolls on the "my character is bottom of the barrel" bandwagon. I'm honestly amazed about how you can think Raiden being good is an opinion and him being trash is "facts" because you play him since day 1. People may dick ride Sonic, but we all know for sure he's good. Who the hell are even you? Maybe you are just plain bad, and your opinion doesn't hold weight because u are not a good player. Not saying you are, just saying i don't know lolz. There doesn't seem to be a point in trying to argue with you, just think what you want, you'll do it anyway.

MKF30

Man, i wasn't talking about Sonic. I ALWAYS thought Kollector was good, and people kept saying that he's bottom tier and his 44 stagger is "reactable". If it takes Sonic to play an ENTIRE tournament with him for people to be convinced that he's maybe not trash, well, that's the way it is. Maybe you are kinda a sheep, a sheep who doesn't think that he is and just Rolls on the "my character is bottom of the barrel" bandwagon. I'm honestly amazed about how you can think Raiden being good is an opinion and him being trash is "facts" because you play him since day 1. People may dick ride Sonic, but we all know for sure he's good. Who the hell are even you? Maybe you are just plain bad, and your opinion doesn't hold weight because u are not a good player. Not saying you are, just saying i don't know lolz. There doesn't seem to be a point in trying to argue with you, just think what you want, you'll do it anyway.
I think we're talking about two different things, you seem to be on Kollector I'm speaking in regards to Raiden. Was just pointing out that Sonic goes off saying half the roster is "S tier" and I don't agree regarding Raiden, if he felt he was so good why choose Kollector? Yeah, yeah we know the "boring and had to choose one part" ok, so we'll see what happens in future tourneys how far he gets with Raijin if he really believes that. I never said koll sucked personally, I felt he's lower but for months been watching Destroyer get God in KL with him, not exactly easy to do much less getting that rank in general in this game with all the bs in that mode.

I'm no the one who's the sheep here if anything if you actually read what I said I'm the opposite, you're the sheep believing his "S" tier nonsense not me lol. I never said "trash" you did, nice job putting words in my mouth I said he's lower and not S tier, I never said he was trash. Perhaps you need to read more carefully. Who the hell am I? Just someone who's been playing MK since MK 1 and have always been competiting online and following MK, just cause I have a life and can't go to every tourney doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about. I've been playing MK long before Sonic kid, and probably you too if you have to ask who I am. Been playing MK since the 90's, even the shitty 3D era through now unlike most I'm no poser who jumped on MK games under NRS of late...

Oh yes because people like you don't just think what they want? lol I love hypocrites, they're the best. Enjoy being Sonic's shill bro. Talk to me again when he dominates people with Raiden, then we can talk.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
People who want to know about what Raiden is capable of can look through the Raiden match footage thread. There’s also a new combo thread that will be updated with tech and general tips for players

Liu, Johnny and Cetrion should be in their own S tier then everyone else moved down a notch.

Liu is still more fucked up than Johnny

I want to believe in Raiden because I think Raijin is fucking amazing but even then it's super high risk on everything he does. I agree with all the strengths Sonic brings up but... the risk

I think we're talking about two different things, you seem to be on Kollector I'm speaking in regards to Raiden. Was just pointing out that Sonic goes off saying half the roster is "S tier" and I don't agree regarding Raiden, if he felt he was so good why choose Kollector? Yeah, yeah we know the "boring and had to choose one part" ok, so we'll see what happens in future tourneys how far he gets with Raijin if he really believes that. I never said koll sucked personally, I felt he's lower but for months been watching Destroyer get God in KL with him, not exactly easy to do much less getting that rank in general in this game with all the bs in that mode.

I'm no the one who's the sheep here if anything if you actually read what I said I'm the opposite, you're the sheep believing his "S" tier nonsense not me lol. I never said "trash" you did, nice job putting words in my mouth I said he's lower and not S tier, I never said he was trash. Perhaps you need to read more carefully. Who the hell am I? Just someone who's been playing MK since MK 1 and have always been competiting online and following MK, just cause I have a life and can't go to every tourney doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about. I've been playing MK long before Sonic kid, and probably you too if you have to ask who I am. Been playing MK since the 90's, even the shitty 3D era through now unlike most I'm no poser who jumped on MK games under NRS of late...

Oh yes because people like you don't just think what they want? lol I love hypocrites, they're the best. Enjoy being Sonic's shill bro. Talk to me again when he dominates people with Raiden, then we can talk.
The fact is, i never said his ist is correct or that Raiden or kollector or whoever are s tier. You are just seeing what youw ant to see. What i'm saying, plain and simple, is that you Raiden players are making a career of continually downplaying. Btw, I played since long time ago too, my first Mk was trilogy and i was like 6 years old LOL. Being playing for a long time doesn't mean you're any good. And you still say we'll talk when SonicFox wins with Raijin. So, you say you will only listen to people when Fox proves to you he's good. Who's the sheep here?

MKF30

The fact is, i never said his ist is correct or that Raiden or kollector or whoever are s tier. You are just seeing what youw ant to see. What i'm saying, plain and simple, is that you Raiden players are making a career of continually downplaying. Btw, I played since long time ago too, my first Mk was trilogy and i was like 6 years old LOL. Being playing for a long time doesn't mean you're any good. And you still say we'll talk when SonicFox wins with Raijin. So, you say you will only listen to people when Fox proves to you he's good. Who's the sheep here?
Well, I know it ain't me since I can actually think for myself and have only been playing raiden since day one not for a few weeks, I dont follow any single person regardless of how popular they may be.

We speak the truth because we actually play the character, I doubt you do just from how you speak of raiden but instead choose to drink the sonic kool aid. Do you have raiden matches? Vids? Tech? Or are you just a like the rest of the sf shills upplaying raiden like the rest of the sonic groupies? I see what the evidence in front of me shows.

Theres a difference between downplaying and factually grasping the fact that raiden is lower in this game. Period. I dont think you get what the term sheep means, has nothing to do with sonic or anyone saying hes s tier or whatever but the fact that not just sonic but nobody has ever won with raiden lol. For good reason but you can ignore this still if you so choose. MKT? Lol that's cute I was 8 when I was playing mk 1 in the arcades.

Like I said til he or anyone else for that matter wins a major with raiden, color me not convinced as far as how sonic feels about him. I mean have you read this thread? Because pretty sure majority feel the same way I do. Til then you and I may as agree to disagree.

I also played Raiden since day 1 and he seemed low tier. Totally surprised to see him at top tier but maybe its his new variation thats really good.

Zviko

Noob
Do you guys play Raijin though? Cause every Raiden I've seen was Thunder Wave. Sonic said Raiden is high tier specifically for Raijin while the other 2 suck. And it's not like he just says random stuff. Have you seen the video when he was doing this tier list? Have you seen him play a lot of matches against other pros(and won) on his YT channel? It's not like he's just talking. He won matches too. Just not in the tournament. And he doesn't have to. But of course, you don't have to believe him either. But who can you believe then if not the best in the world...

Zviko

Noob
And why do you even need a proof from tournament? I assume you think Hattricks Lao is top tier too? Or Soul Eater Shang because he got 3rd place at NEC? They are far from top tier. Tournament result is just a proof that the tools are there. The rest is up to a player.

ya.... im thinking every char in A+ is better than raiden. erron and sonya are both too low. and Jacqui imo is S+ with outtake johnny. by themselves. and I think u swap kabal with shang. raiden is fun to play. but raijin specifically gets kuk'd in ALOT of mu's in this game. he needs the teleport, not to mention they buffed his mid projectile in his og variation. like, hes SOMEWHAT viable with the teleport. like he can literally punish most chars, including outtake on reads. it becomes chess with the teleport, raijin gets zoned out and has NO legit way to open up his opponent. obv, he has good footsies and his df2 is good, but his staggers are trash... like compared to nightwolf, Jacqui, jax, noob... all chars that I feel open up the opponent with ease. that's jus me. I like scarlet as a top aswell. id have to make the tierlist. get peoples opinion

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
ya.... im thinking every char in A+ is better than raiden. erron and sonya are both too low. and Jacqui imo is S+ with outtake johnny. by themselves. and I think u swap kabal with shang. raiden is fun to play. but raijin specifically gets kuk'd in ALOT of mu's in this game. he needs the teleport, not to mention they buffed his mid projectile in his og variation. like, hes SOMEWHAT viable with the teleport. like he can literally punish most chars, including outtake on reads. it becomes chess with the teleport, raijin gets zoned out and has NO legit way to open up his opponent. obv, he has good footsies and his df2 is good, but his staggers are trash... like compared to nightwolf, Jacqui, jax, noob... all chars that I feel open up the opponent with ease. that's jus me. I like scarlet as a top aswell. id have to make the tierlist. get peoples opinion
Yeah man, you sure told them. If only Raiden had an 11f advancing mid that was not only safe, but could be cancelled into a special move that reset neutral on block, had a finisher that was also safe and on hit granted +44 hit advantage to stagger with and threaten with flawless block reversals...