What's new

SonicFox new tier list

Nevan_PTF

All your mains belong to me!
I really think the message they want to pass through, is what they said of their tweet: "Every character can be solo mained and taking to victory if you put in the work!"

Sonic knows what they say has/can have a huge impact on the community and how it can change the perception one can have over a determined character. So I tend to agree with them that yes, work hard enough and you reap the results.

Oh and I agree with most of you, this list is not meant to be taken seriously. In the case it is, I would like to hear their thoughts on it tho x')

DTruth

Noob
As always when Sonic's list is shown just spend the time to watch the video. I think hes wrong on a lot of this but he at least explains some of the controversal stuff.

According to Goonie in the chat Sonic's Raiden take is a lot of upplay and his Kabal take was overstated on his Gas move.

Sazbak

Noob
"Every character can be solo mained and taking to victory if you put in the work!"

This statement is fundamentally nonsense.
If someone puts maximum effort into a character that's lower on the tier list and someone else with similar skills puts also maximum effort into a top tier character then the low tier character won't be taking you to victory.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
"Every character can be solo mained and taking to victory if you put in the work!"

This statement is fundamentally nonsense.
If someone puts maximum effort into a character that's lower on the tier list and someone else with similar skills puts also maximum effort into a top tier character then the low tier character won't be taking you to victory.
If your character loses every single MU 4-6 then it's a low tier character.

But it's still 4-6 so you can win everything with it.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!

LINK to the stream where he explains his tier list...
He explains in detail(for some)why he placed the character where he did.
He also explains that some have only one viable variation but that every character can win or place high in the competitive environment..

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Remember when the top 2 were Jax and Scarlet?
I mean, I'm glad he realized how utter nonsense that was, especially for Scarlet because she just doesn't even come close to the likes of Geras or Louis.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!

IDK why would anyone think that 4-6 is awful for match ups. Yeah it's disadvantageous, but it's very doable. PPL think that it's a death sentence.

Sazbak

Noob

Yeah true, but let's talk realisticly. That's super unlikely to happen. The more matches you have to play in a tourney the more unlikely that playing consecutive 4-6 matchups, the 4 will succeed and not the 6.
Also by this logic if we have a character that loses every matchup 1-9 then it can still win a tourney. Again, yes it can but it is extremely unlikely.

Last edited:
I've been saying Kollector is hella strong for quite some time. Dude just have it all, including a long ass distance stagger that is not as easily defendable as Kollector players claim.
Idk about Raiden, never knew why he was considered trash before, nor do I know why Sonic considers him strong now. Jhonny, Geras, Liu Kang, Kabal and Cetrion are obviously there. I personally fucking hate Kung Lao, so i wont say anything about him. Cassie is still pretty good overall, i can imagine her being s still. Overall, I guess his point is "if you don't win, don't blame your character u ain't good enough". And i agree with that notion

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
I do think it's time to admit we were to quick to write off Cassie's competitiveness. Despite her nerfs, which were a slap on the wrist to be honest, she's still the footsie queen of this game. She holds her own against the top tiers. Semiij also showed how effective she is against Cage in both variations. She is not as stupid as she was, but nevertheless a very effective character who plays MK11 extremely well with her toolset

Oh and the new Jacqui variation is nuts

Snoop88

Noob
Ok Sonic, then for the next tournaments pick some lower tier characters (SubZero or others) and win it.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
He's got the sonic agenda going on.
I highly doubt he has a hidden agenda. The characters he lists in S tier probably represent the ones he could use in the grand finals of a major tournament and feel adequately confident to win.

As always with Sonic Fox, you pay little attention to what he says and more on what he does. Some people in the community labeled Kollector as "unviable", including one of Sonic Fox's previous tier lists that marked him in the lowest tier, but everyone knows better now due to what happened at NEC.

Again, if you focus less on the words and more on the performance, you will learn a lot from Sonic Fox.

That hit didn't look fake to me. LOLZ
A 500 hundred pounder punching you in the face for real would result in a real-life krushing blow... and a life-threatening head trauma.

Last edited:

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
As good as SonicFox is, they really have a warped view of fighting game meta as a whole. People will discover tech for a character or a good balance change will happen and SF just goes "oh that character is godlike, hes busted, hes top five in the game". Practice mode characters are in, Twitter tech is in, characters that fill out Top-64 but not Top-8 are out. And then they shove most of the cast into S and S+ and say "theres no character in the game that's lower than A-tier" practically invalidating the point of making a tier list in the first place, and ignoring the fact that tbqh most of the characters in this game have mid tier designs.