What's new

Community-Restricted Kabal and System Kabal (UPDATES TBA)

REO

Undead
Dude a friend of mine plays MK and he has a short fuse and he's a big guy too. I'd pay just to see him land in REO's bracket in pools and laugh like a school girl because REO would be afraid of using his character to his full potential.
Yes, I'm not going to try and win in a tournament because my opponent is bigger than me. That's why all players who you see winning tournaments are body builders.

LolingOctopus

Modest and humble genitalia destroyer
Interesting point. So what you're suggesting for tournament play is that we come up with all the current glitches and bugs and cast a vote to ban them or not?
The first point is, no matter what the verdict of this controversy is, it won't fix online play from the glitch. You play online and meet Dick McCockSon and he just wants to land that setup on you. There's nothing we can do about it.

The verdict will only affect tournament play. So who are tournament players. Mostly us at TYM. What do we also find on TYM? Information on how to land/beat setups.

You see, you guys can say anything about REO on how it's unfair and on how it's broken. But he's the one guy that provided info on how to consistently beat Kabal NDC and on how to truly understand what is going on. Same thing with mileena, same thing with a shitload of characters.

You really think if this move is legit we wont have a surge of information on how to beat it/land it? We're just gonna mine even deeper in what the game engine can truly offer. And that, for some player is what is appealing to MK. You can't argue someone taste and there is no argument that is gonna end with a 'you're right, what I like is truly shit'.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Before banning anything, one thing we should do is stop responding with anything we disagree with 'stop trolling'.

Just because someone has another reasoning on a subject doesn't mean it's the ultimate truth. What you think is 'good' might be someone else definition of 'bad'. Stop for 2 minutes, and instead of 'stop trolling' make a creative argument. Sure haha arguments on the Internet. But at least you're using your critical thinking skills.

The main argument right now is : anything goes vs non use of glitches.

Alright, however if this glitches has to go we can't just turn a blind eyes to all other glitches. We have to take a second about it and classify all other glitches. If you want to ban this, which I can understand. You have to make a creative argument. We can't just say 'fuck it ban it' without even testing it in tournament play!

I'm sure I'm gonna get response 'yeah, let the guy be invincible for a whole round, how the fuck do I beat that?'. Instead of banning something we could create a workaround. Hell you want invincibility work for it. The fact that this move could be legit will create new strategy on how to counter and on how to land it. Progress isn't a bad thing. Neither is banning ridiculous things.

But in our situation which one is the needed one as a community. Because I realize it is popular lately to want to ban it, however you have to realize if we ban this we're gonna awake the new argument of 'We banned X why not Y' and this is gonna end as fucking fox only final destination kind of level of ridiculous.

ps: it seems I missed 5 pages of actions of back and forth. So if I'm out of date just yell at me
Maaaaannn, stop trolling.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Just a few general questions/ponderances about this glitch...

So Kabal uses it. He's invincible in round 2. All he has to do is some chip or one landed hit and camp the rest of the round, IN THEORY, right?

So say Kabal goes for a low poke, and that poke is blocked, where does disadvantage fall in the spectrum of this glitch? Kabal would be at disadvantage after his poke is blocked, allowing his opponent to perhaps counterpoke and connect with a hit on Kabal. Now, if I am to understand this glitch correctly, Kabal is only invincible if he resumes holding block after using any normal. So if you land a hit while he is at disadvantage, and it connects, does the invincibility wear off?

Also, he can ONLY do this after he wins the first round? Am I clear on all this? Is this the same for Quan, Skarlet, and Raiden who can also perform this glitch?

The first point is, no matter what the verdict of this controversy is, it won't fix online play from the glitch. You play online and meet Dick McCockSon and he just wants to land that setup on you. There's nothing we can do about it.

The verdict will only affect tournament play. So who are tournament players. Mostly us at TYM. What do we also find on TYM? Information on how to land/beat setups.

You see, you guys can say anything about REO on how it's unfair and on how it's broken. But he's the one guy that provided info on how to consistently beat Kabal NDC and on how to truly understand what is going on. Same thing with mileena, same thing with a shitload of characters.

You really think if this move is legit we wont have a surge of information on how to beat it/land it? We're just gonna mine even deeper in what the game engine can truly offer. And that, for some player is what is appealing to MK. You can't argue someone taste and there is no argument that is gonna end with a 'you're right, what I like is truly shit'.
Actually I already found a way to beat it with Cage. I will be putting the video here soon but I have to confirm 100% that the method I use to counter it works 100% of the time. So far it's a spacing issue, but it does in fact blow up the glitcher. So far only Cage can do it that I know of.

REO

Undead
Just a few general questions/ponderances about this glitch...

So Kabal uses it. He's invincible in round 2. All he has to do is some chip or one landed hit and camp the rest of the round, IN THEORY, right?

So say Kabal goes for a low poke, and that poke is blocked, where does disadvantage fall in the spectrum of this glitch? Kabal would be at disadvantage after his poke is blocked, allowing his opponent to perhaps counterpoke and connect with a hit on Kabal. Now, if I am to understand this glitch correctly, Kabal is only invincible if he resumes holding block after using any normal. So if you land a hit while he is at disadvantage, and it connects, does the invincibility wear off?

Also, he can ONLY do this after he wins the first round? Am I clear on all this? Is this the same for Quan, Skarlet, and Raiden who can also perform this glitch?
The glitch has not been tested extensively in top level settings, yet. But for the most part, you could be right. I've gotten hit out my glitch when I'd go to chip someone with Kabal's f+4. We are prematurely banning something that has not even been fully tested or factual proven as utter domination in high-level play. What if there are more ways around it? What if there was a way to negate the opponent's invincibility after doing a certain command? No one knows. Players just want to keep quiet about it and throw it under the bus like it never happened. This should not be how you go about things in a competitive environment.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
The glitch has not been tested extensively in top level settings, yet. But for the most part, you could be right. I've gotten hit out my glitch when I'd go to chip someone with Kabal's f+4. We are prematurely banning something that has not even been fully tested or factual proven as utter domination in high-level play. What if there are more ways around it? What if there was a way to negate the opponent's invincibility after doing a certain command? No one knows. Players just want to keep quiet about it and throw it under the bus like it never happened. This should not be how you go about things in a competitive environment.
the FAA and FCC doesnt allow drugs to be sold on the market without full testing

Hence should allow this bullshit to exist in tourneys until full tested

reo defies the pharmaceutical industry?

REO

Undead
Sir You do not understand MK at a full competitive level. You have no clue what you're doing or getting into.
Is it because certain players like you do not allow MK to be played at a full competitive level with no character restrictions? This can be said for everyone. No one knows until they try.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Is it because certain players like you do not allow MK to be played at a full competitive level with no character restrictions? This can be said for everyone. No one knows until they try.
Im on record as of yesterday FULLY allowing zero rules in tourney play with no restrictions of any kind. This will show mk competition at its highest and most entertaining level

REO

Undead
Im on record as of yesterday FULLY allowing zero rules in tourney play with no restrictions of any kind. This will show mk competition at its highest and most entertaining level
As long as they are in-game and under the rule sets of the tournament you are participating in. Otherwise, I wouldn't want to see an emotionally angered player get disqualified from a tournament for performing an act that directly affects the opponent that is not in-game.