What's new

Community-Restricted Kabal and System Kabal (UPDATES TBA)

NoDoubt

nasty
The difference today is some want to play characters they enjoy and think should be tournament viable. The gamers during the days you describe were not the same as today. You can see this phenomenon in other genres as well and it is not exclusive to MK9.
I kno thats what I said. these new players are different in their tolerance to different degrees of high level play. So again...play hard or cry hard. BuT...dont play and cry. Pick and pshhh. lol

Flagg

Noob
REO

Ive come to my sense and realize you're right and 100% completely right especially about the part where it says we need to be playing MK9 without any rules whatsoever. As long as they dont have it banned, restricted or anything formal in writing then its all systems go.

With that being said expect the following at mlg dallas till rules are changed:

Round 1: Fight
Pig grabs reo's pad/hitbox and throws it out into the crowd and watches it smash on cement, waits for time out.
1-0 pig

Bring lots of pads, controllers.

Ive check the rule book and see nothing preventing me of doing this.

Its time we take MK to the next level, whose with me?
Well said. This was the point i was trying to make, after all...you want to play Kenshi at his full potential dont you? Kenshi is blind, by throwing REO's pad into the crowd, Kabal becomes paralysed. Seems fair.

I was trolling about Freddy to you so you could purposely get mad, and it worked. I was the one who talked Tom Brady into allowing Freddy Krueger to be playable sooner than he liked, you moron. If anything, you should be thanking me for your early use of Freddy at majors like SB.

Shit, I even have the AIM logs of when I was telling Tom that Freddy's invulnerability glitch wouldn't be enough to make you a threat and he said I was crazy.
This is what makes you an an uninventive boring fuck. Trolls get to play the "haha, I was trolling!" Card anytime someone calls them out on something. You can't beat them because no matter what happens, that's what they say they wanted.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Well said. This was the point i was trying to make, after all...you want to play Kenshi at his full potential dont you? Kenshi is blind, by throwing REO's pad into the crowd, Kabal becomes paralysed. Seems fair.
I wont think twice before doing this in a match

Im currently lining up my Unrestricted Pig Tech
Once apon a time we had to battle glitch jabs + auto-fire enabled (this is not even in the damn game, its a hack created during gameplay) and we could still win with our faith. Think glitch jabs on turbo with automatic jab-cancelling into combos. If we can overcome glitches created in a damn emulator program lol, u guys can do IT put YO back INTO IT ! XD These mk9 homies are too used to patches. They havent experienced the raw, nasty side to real compeTiTioN. You either play or u cry. BUT....dont play and cry. Choose and roll with it
I agree 100%

We need to start embracing the true competitive spirit, as ive pointed out to reo ripping controllers and smashing them as well as other actions are not banned or restricted. Dallas will be exciting and i expect lots of upset competitors

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
is it weird to feel hard done by the fact theres not even the option of a CR-baraka or CR-mileena? :(
full potential tarkatans?

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
I don't understand the debate, at least in the context of MLG rules. This is the first General Rule from the Summer Championship:

General Rules
1. Any sign of cheating may result in a Forfeit of the Game and/or disqualification from the Event.

and then:

9. In order to dispute Game results, Players must notify their Referee that they would like to Protest the Game before a new Game has begun. In order to dispute Match results, Players must notify their Referee that they would like to Protest the Match before the Match’s Score Sheet has been submitted to the Tournament Director.

So it's obvious that MLG won't let this fly. As for non-MLG tournaments? loldunno

Pig Of The Hut

I don't understand the debate, at least in the context of MLG rules. This is the first General Rule from the Summer Championship:

General Rules
1. Any sign of cheating may result in a Forfeit of the Game and/or disqualification from the Event.

and then:

9. In order to dispute Game results, Players must notify their Referee that they would like to Protest the Game before a new Game has begun. In order to dispute Match results, Players must notify their Referee that they would like to Protest the Match before the Match’s Score Sheet has been submitted to the Tournament Director.

So it's obvious that MLG won't let this fly. As for non-MLG tournaments? loldunno

I know and i was given that link when asking about it.

Reo is either trolling on a S+ level or has a reading ability of an ant

REO

Undead
This is what makes you an an uninventive boring fuck. Trolls get to play the "haha, I was trolling!" Card anytime someone calls them out on something. You can't beat them because no matter what happens, that's what they say they wanted.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
Then don't believe that I was trolling. You can believe that I was very scared of Freddy and I cried for his ban even though there are no posts or evidence to support such claims. No one is stopping you.

I wont think twice before doing this in a match

Im currently lining up my Unrestricted Pig Tech

I agree 100%

We need to start embracing the true competitive spirit, as ive pointed out to reo ripping controllers and smashing them as well as other actions are not banned or restricted. Dallas will be exciting and i expect lots of upset competitors
Touching or throwing your opponent's controller has nothing to do with the game.

Pig Of The Hut

Then don't believe that I was trolling. You can believe that I was very scared of Freddy and I cried for his banned even though there are no posts or evidence to support such claims. No one is stopping you.

Touching or throwing your opponent's controller has nothing to do with the game.
In your eyes maybe but in my eyes your hands hold the controller that dictate actions on the game.

When your controller you have in your hands has nothing to do with actions on the screen then ill believe you until then your hands, controller, all connected to the functions and actions of your character on the screen on fairplay unless stated in a rule book.

Funny thing is YOUR kabal invincibility is actually already banned as stated in the rules, mine is not

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
REO, I would like to propose a serious FG comparison because I feel like to talk about this in an educated manner we need to back up our arguments with evidence from similar situations (as you have concerning playing the older MK games). Coming from the SSBM (Melee) competitive community, the tournament scene in that game had "broken" tactics that were allowed and "broken" tactics that were banned; one could argue that the deciding factor when the community decided legit vs. not legit was any situation where a player's ability to win (or lose) a match was directly determined by a non-combative character bias.

My two examples would be this: Fox can drillshine to upsmash (a combo that exists within the moveset and parameters of the character) certain characters to death, given he hits the combo and either the opponent has high enough damage for it to be lethal or DIs wrong. In this case, both players are playing within the combative (attack, defense) rules that adhere to their character choice. One is attacking, albeit in a somewhat glitchy (yet avoidable) way, and the other is defending (and their ability to survive depends on their defense). Once the stock is lost, the losing character gets their approx. 1 second comeback invincibility and the advantage is afterwards "neutralized."
Compare this to Peach's wallbombing glitch, which IS banned in tourament play. This is accomplished by getting a life lead and, on levels that allow it, floating to an un-reachable part of the level and side-Bing for the remainder of the 8 minutes until time runs out. Similarly to Kabal's (and whoever else may have it) invincibility glitch, the goal is to get a "stock"/"round" lead and use a noncombative trick to ensure a victory via disabling the opponent's ability to fight during the second round/rest of the match.

Is there a difference between in-round combative/combo tricks (such as 1-round infinites like fox's drillshine on link and smoke/jax/cyrax/whoever 100% metered combo) and postround or interround tricks that interfere with the opponent's ability to fight back? Do you (or anyone else who'd like to have a serious discussion) think that, like in the Melee community, the MK community should consider if we should say there is a large enough difference between these two things to consider one for ban but not the other? I'm aware of your "if it's in the game, it should be allowed" stance on gameplay, but I wanted to point to other places in the FG community where the difference is determined on just this very thing. By saying that "it's a different game and therefore the same logistics for rules can't be applied" you are A. ignoring the question and B. forgetting that, just as the United States law courts work, the most admissible evidence are accounts of similar, relatable occurances.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
In your eyes maybe but in my eyes your hands hold the controller that dictate actions on the game.

When your controller you have in your hands has nothing to do with actions on the screen then ill believe you until then your hands, controller, all connected to the functions and actions of your character on the screen on fairplay unless stated in a rule book.

Funny thing is YOUR kabal invincibility is actually already banned as stated in the rules, mine is not
REO thinks controller has nothing to do with game.
Pig thinks controller has something to do with game.

Pig plays to win.
Pig disables REO's use of controller, Pig wins... using REO's logic.

GG, no ReRe.

REO

Undead

Again, touching or throwing your opponent's controller has nothing to do with MK.

oh and uh... it's not 1992 anymore. Go join the old folks home.
This is not SSB, Marvel, or whatever game you are used to with layers of rules. Go join those other gaming communities if you don't like this one.

REO, I would like to propose a serious FG comparison because I feel like to talk about this in an educated manner we need to back up our arguments with evidence from similar situations (as you have concerning playing the older MK games). Coming from the SSBM (Melee) competitive community, the tournament scene in that game had "broken" tactics that were allowed and "broken" tactics that were banned; one could argue that the deciding factor when the community decided legit vs. not legit was any situation where a player's ability to win (or lose) a match was directly determined by a non-combative character bias.

My two examples would be this: Fox can drillshine to upsmash (a combo that exists within the moveset and parameters of the character) certain characters to death, given he hits the combo and either the opponent has high enough damage for it to be lethal or DIs wrong. In this case, both players are playing within the combative (attack, defense) rules that adhere to their character choice. One is attacking, albeit in a somewhat glitchy (yet avoidable) way, and the other is defending (and their ability to survive depends on their defense). Once the stock is lost, the losing character gets their approx. 1 second comeback invincibility and the advantage is afterwards "neutralized."
Compare this to Peach's wallbombing glitch, which IS banned in tourament play. This is accomplished by getting a life lead and, on levels that allow it, floating to an un-reachable part of the level and side-Bing for the remainder of the 8 minutes until time runs out. Similarly to Kabal's (and whoever else may have it) invincibility glitch, the goal is to get a "stock"/"round" lead and use a noncombative trick to ensure a victory via disabling the opponent's ability to fight during the second round/rest of the match.

Is there a difference between in-round combative/combo tricks (such as 1-round infinites like fox's drillshine on link and smoke/jax/cyrax/whoever 100% metered combo) and postround or interround tricks that interfere with the opponent's ability to fight back? Do you (or anyone else who'd like to have a serious discussion) think that, like in the Melee community, the MK community should consider if we should say there is a large enough difference between these two things to consider one for ban but not the other? I'm aware of your "if it's in the game, it should be allowed" stance on gameplay, but I wanted to point to other places in the FG community where the difference is determined on just this very thing. By saying that "it's a different game and therefore the same logistics for rules can't be applied" you are A. ignoring the question and B. forgetting that, just as the United States law courts work, the most admissible evidence are accounts of similar, relatable occurances.
I'm not here to discuss what other communities do, I'm here to discuss what the MK community has done MK:1-MK:8, and why it should all of a sudden be changed. No one is stating good reasons other than "it's not fair and ur a glitch bitch". There were far worse things in past MK games that were all allowed.

Pig Of The Hut

Again, touching or throwing your opponent's controller has nothing to do with MK.

I'm not here to discuss what other communities do, I'm here to discuss what the MK community has done MK:1-MK:8, and why it should all of a sudden be changed. No one is stating good reasons other than "it's not fair and ur a glitch bitch". There were far worse things in past MK games that were all allowed.
have it your way