What's new

Community-Restricted Kabal and System Kabal (UPDATES TBA)

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
I'm not here to discuss what other communities do, I'm here to discuss what the MK community has done MK:1-MK:8, and why it should all of a sudden be changed. No one is stating good reasons other than "it's not fair and ur a glitch bitch". There were far worse things in past MK games that were all allowed.
OK, let's keep it within the MK community then. Admittedly, I do not have much knowledge of the MK4-MKA competitive scene. While I am aware that characters have had infinites and whatnot, I would still like to postulate that there is a discernible difference between what happens within the boundaries of combat and occurances, such as this invincibility glitch, that happen between or before the rounds (until Maxter demonstrates otherwise). Have other MK games had tech that can occur while the match is not in progress? If so, this could be comparable to that, but if not, we're dealing with a different kind of tech - one that determines the outcome of a match before the match begins, and can force the opposing player's character unusable for the entirety of the match. This is different than getting hit by an infinite due to the nature of when the glitch takes place. An infinite allows for anyone to access it mid-match. You keep mentioning "far worse" things in other MK games, but I have not seen any MK glitches that do not happen during the fight. If you point some out to me, I will gladly concede this point.

Secondly, the tournament scene for this game has already placed rulings and regulations on pre-fight character advantage. If we are truly playing an "anything goes" match, why do we not have matchup charts for kombat kodes that could be enabled? Characters who are not in the air a lot could benefit from things like the "jumping disabled" kode, etc. Current tournament rules (to my knowledge) state that even if both players agree on it, kodes that directly affect the match are not allowed. Is there a difference between these two types of out-of-round game manipulation? If not, should we legitimize kombat kodes?

REO

Undead
OK, let's keep it within the MK community then. Admittedly, I do not have much knowledge of the MK4-MKA competitive scene. While I am aware that characters have had infinites and whatnot, I would still like to postulate that there is a discernible difference between what happens within the boundaries of combat and occurances, such as this invincibility glitch, that happen between or before the rounds (until Maxter demonstrates otherwise). Have other MK games had tech that can occur while the match is not in progress? If so, this could be comparable to that, but if not, we're dealing with a different kind of tech - one that determines the outcome of a match before the match begins, and can force the opposing player's character unusable for the entirety of the match. This is different than getting hit by an infinite due to the nature of when the glitch takes place. An infinite allows for anyone to access it mid-match. You keep mentioning "far worse" things in other MK games, but I have not seen any MK glitches that do not happen during the fight. If you point some out to me, I will gladly concede this point.
MKvsDCU Flash could get you into a similar glitch which would stun you for the second round, enabling a free infinite. Some characters like Green Lantern had breaker combos where any time you would touch them, they could break and go into 40%+ unbreakable into resets each time - It took Green Lantern one string on block to build a bar for breaker. Characters like Sareena in MK:A had projectile infinite. If you got hit by her extremely fast projectile with virtually no recovery, you would eat an unbreakable infinite regardless of where you were. Noob Saibot in MK:T had a special move that he could use every time he touched you that granted him full invincibility for five seconds, thus looping an infinite set-up constantly that made your character useless. These are just some examples.

Secondly, the tournament scene for this game has already placed rulings and regulations on pre-fight character advantage. If we are truly playing an "anything goes" match, why do we not have matchup charts for kombat kodes that could be enabled? Characters who are not in the air a lot could benefit from things like the "jumping disabled" kode, etc. Current tournament rules (to my knowledge) state that even if both players agree on it, kodes that directly affect the match are not allowed. Is there a difference between these two types of out-of-round game manipulation? If not, should we legitimize kombat kodes?
Then go host tournaments with kombat codes allowed. No one is stopping you, I would even participate in one at a tournament. I am here to discuss the general current MK rule set and why this newly discovered glitch should be added to the ban list.

REO your opinion is irrelevant in the long run. What you like/think will not matter. If this is allowed then the majority of competitive players will not participate and will be hard pressed to do so next time around. You can use whatever logic, nostalgia, or insults you'd like...fact is most people won't put up with this. Leaving you to play with yourself.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

REO

Undead
REO your opinion is irrelevant in the long run. What you like/think will not matter.
Thanks for the 101 break down for the general view of an opinion.

If this is allowed then the majority of competitive players will not participate and will be hard pressed to do so next time around.
This is your opinion.

You can use whatever logic, nostalgia, or insults you'd like...fact is most people won't put up with this. Leaving you to play with yourself.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
It won't be only me playing, there will be other players. There is factual evidence supporting my claim via past MK titles.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
All I'm saying is that if the MK9 fighting philosophy became, "We have game-breaking glitches that could completely undermine your ability to fight at all, deal with them or get the fuck out," that's not all that inspiring to outsiders considering joining in, or the already on the fence players who are already exhausted dealing with this game's issues.

We could be growing the game base and inspiring new players or keeping the longtimers on board at best, but instead we're "weeding out the weak."

I hope this all just some bored trolling attempt.

hey guys, any new bans lately?
I want to.
Its fixed guys... can you please give me a break, I was kinda tired last night ok?
You are the highlight of this thread, congrats.

REO, so much for cleaning up stupid posts and making this a legitimate discussion, eh? I don't see a whole lot of reason for this thread to stay open anymore. Fall back. Regroup. Prepare a counterattack. Launch your attack on KTP. This will not only consist of shots fired; it will be all out nuclear war. Fitting for a dictator such as you.

REO

Undead
I want to.

You are the highlight of this thread, congrats.

REO, so much for cleaning up stupid posts and making this a legitimate discussion, eh? I don't see a whole lot of reason for this thread to stay open anymore. Fall back. Regroup. Prepare a counterattack. Launch your attack on KTP. This will not only consist of shots fired; it will be all out nuclear war. Fitting for a dictator such as you.
I don't think KTP will allow me to go on and voice my opinion on the matter because it would be longer than the two hours they usually do them in. This thread is the only way. At least there are some good posts and discussion by some members.

GGA 16 Bit

AssassiN

Noob
If people actually use this glitch the whole "who is player 1" is much more important...
If it comes down to a timeout where both players have the same HP, player 1 will win the first time and for the next round it will be player 2 that wins.

Examples:
Kabal is player 1, Kabal wins the first round and has the glitch. All Kabal has to do is block and wait for the timeout => Kabal wins the match
Kabal is player 2, Kabal wins the first round and has the glitch. Player 1 just stays full screen away and builds meter by throwing projectiles. Kabal has to hit him to get the lifelead + block to win the match. If both players have the same HP => player 1 wins and goes to the final round + Kabal loses the glitch.

If people actually use this glitch the whole "who is player 1" is much more important...
If it comes down to a timeout where both players have the same HP, player 1 will win the first time and for the next round it will be player 2 that wins.

Examples:
Kabal is player 1, Kabal wins the first round and has the glitch. All Kabal has to do is block and wait for the timeout => Kabal wins the match
Kabal is player 2, Kabal wins the first round and has the glitch. Player 1 just stays full screen away and builds meter by throwing projectiles. Kabal has to hit him to get the lifelead + block to win the match. If both players have the same HP => player 1 wins and goes to the final round + Kabal loses the glitch.
If that ends up what being the future of MK9 it's going to drop faster than a rock in the ocean. Nobody is going to watch crap like that on the big screen.

People need to stop passing off their preferences on what they like / dislike as fact. Speak for yourself only, not for every one else.
You know you're a strange case because I admire your skill to play Kabal with the execution you have and then here you go trying to throw all that out the window by trying to spend your round 2's low blocking just for the sake of a win. Real champion we got here.

I linked you right here the community poll regarding this issue. If you're looking for the community's stance on the issue visit the link below. You're going to have to make a shit ton of accounts to swing the poll in your favor bub.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/poll-round-2-glitch-enabled-who-will-remain.23871/

REO pls

REO

Undead
You know you're a strange case because I admire your skill to play Kabal with the execution you have and then here you go trying to throw all that out the window by trying to spend your round 2's low blocking just for the sake of a win. Real champion we got here.

REO pls
True champions win with their in-game character tools regardless of what the opinion of others are. m2dave and Pig Of The Hut aren't seen as a champions by many because of their style of play. I am not seen as a champion by many because I play Kabal. etc. A lot of players think true champions are players who win with low tiers or don't spam. A champion by true definition is someone who can win under a set of game rules at a tournament. Everything else is subjective and thus irrelevant.

True champions win with their in-game character tools regardless of what the opinion of others are. m2dave and Pig Of The Hut aren't seen as a champions by many because of their style of play. I am not seen as a champion by many because I play Kabal. etc. A lot of players think true champions are players who win with low tiers or don't spam. A champion by true definition is someone who can win under a set of game rules at a tournament. Everything else is subjective and thus irrelevant.
You're missing the point.

LolingOctopus

Modest and humble genitalia destroyer
Before banning anything, one thing we should do is stop responding with anything we disagree with 'stop trolling'.

Just because someone has another reasoning on a subject doesn't mean it's the ultimate truth. What you think is 'good' might be someone else definition of 'bad'. Stop for 2 minutes, and instead of 'stop trolling' make a creative argument. Sure haha arguments on the Internet. But at least you're using your critical thinking skills.

The main argument right now is : anything goes vs non use of glitches.

Alright, however if this glitches has to go we can't just turn a blind eyes to all other glitches. We have to take a second about it and classify all other glitches. If you want to ban this, which I can understand. You have to make a creative argument. We can't just say 'fuck it ban it' without even testing it in tournament play!

I'm sure I'm gonna get response 'yeah, let the guy be invincible for a whole round, how the fuck do I beat that?'. Instead of banning something we could create a workaround. Hell you want invincibility work for it. The fact that this move could be legit will create new strategy on how to counter and on how to land it. Progress isn't a bad thing. Neither is banning ridiculous things.

But in our situation which one is the needed one as a community. Because I realize it is popular lately to want to ban it, however you have to realize if we ban this we're gonna awake the new argument of 'We banned X why not Y' and this is gonna end as fucking fox only final destination kind of level of ridiculous.

ps: it seems I missed 5 pages of actions of back and forth. So if I'm out of date just yell at me

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I would pay good money to watch REO use the round 2 invincibility technique on somebody at a tournament (preferably Chris G for extra salt). Think of how many people would just stand up and walk away from the match or put their controller down, we'd see who the true MK fans are.

VIVA LA (system) KABAL

Before banning anything, one thing we should do is stop responding with anything we disagree with 'stop trolling'.

Just because someone has another reasoning on a subject doesn't mean it's the ultimate truth. What you think is 'good' might be someone else definition of 'bad'. Stop for 2 minutes, and instead of 'stop trolling' make a creative argument. Sure haha arguments on the Internet. But at least you're using your critical thinking skills.

The main argument right now is : anything goes vs non use of glitches.

Alright, however if this glitches has to go we can't just turn a blind eyes to all other glitches. We have to take a second about it and classify all other glitches. If you want to ban this, which I can understand. You have to make a creative argument. We can't just say 'fuck it ban it' without even testing it in tournament play!

I'm sure I'm gonna get response 'yeah, let the guy be invincible for a whole round, how the fuck do I beat that?'. Instead of banning something we could create a workaround. Hell you want inviability work for it. The fact that this move could be legit will create new strategy on how to counter and on how to land it. Progress isn't a bad thing. Neither is banning ridiculous things.

But in our situation which one is the needed one as a community. Because I realize it is popular lately to want to ban it, however you have to realize if we ban this we're gonna awake the new argument of 'We banned X why not Y' and this is gonna end as fucking fox only final destination kind of level of ridiculous.
Interesting point. So what you're suggesting for tournament play is that we come up with all the current glitches and bugs and cast a vote to ban them or not?

REO

Undead
I would pay good money to watch REO use the round 2 invincibility technique on somebody at a tournament (preferably Chris G for extra salt). Think of how many people would just stand up and walk away from the match or put their controller down, we'd see who the true MK fans are.

VIVA LA (system) KABAL
Chris G has sat through things like that in Marvel, why wouldn't he in MK?

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin

VIVA LA (system) KABAL
I'd rather see him do it against AngryDrunkGuy.