What's new

Your feelings on the story ? ( Spoilers obviously)

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
>_>
Gay character
Jax ressurected
Quan dead - thus no Jade
^_^
Raiden, Liu and Kitana as an evil team - totally badass
Shinnok dead, though he was badass
Cassie is a good new champion

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Shinnok didn't die. Raiden removed his head and he's stuck in constant pain of decapitation. My poor dark Lord. He should've ruled all, but 20 year olds that glow green and punches genitals are just too strong these days. :(
You'd make one good revenant, my friend. Want to trade for Jade for me? ;)

I don't really like any of the earth realm new characters at all. The longer the game is out, the more I look at them as wastes of space for returning fan favorites and old characters that deserve a second chance. The new Outworld characters are better in every way, and they don't have to be the son or daughter of a popular character and don't need their sexual orientation known for you to care about them.

MK9's story mode gave me high hopes for the alternate universe, but after MKX's story, I don't even care anymore. Just give me Sub, Cyrax, Sektor, Noob, Kabal and bring back Quan Chi and give some of the old lesser known characters some exposure like they're doing with Tremor and I'm good.

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
some of the classic towers character ending cand end being canon .... so, remember , in MK universe , death is not the final reality for no one, hehe :D

Schuyler

Noob
I don't really like any of the earth realm new characters at all. The longer the game is out, the more I look at them as wastes of space for returning fan favorites and old characters that deserve a second chance. The new Outworld characters are better in every way, and they don't have to be the son or daughter of a popular character and don't need their sexual orientation known for you to care about them.

MK9's story mode gave me high hopes for the alternate universe, but after MKX's story, I don't even care anymore. Just give me Sub, Cyrax, Sektor, Noob, Kabal and bring back Quan Chi and give some of the old lesser known characters some exposure like they're doing with Tremor and I'm good.
MkX is an alternate timeline. The mkx franchise is like 20 years old or something like that. We need new characters and we need to keep moving forward instead of dwelling in the past trying to bring back old irrelevant characters from deadly alliance and deception. Don't get me wrong I wish frost and BO Ra Cho was playable and they were apart of the game. I also wouldn't mind fugin being in but there not wasted space. Its time for some new characters to have a chance and I like them all. the only character I thought should have gotten a little more love was Jackie. I do like the new out world character though.

Tim Static

Adminerator
It's fine.

I didn't care for the old timeline post-Deadly Alliance anyway.

As in the events of DA & after? or After the events of DA?

The plot twist of Liu Kang being murdered by Quan & Shang was fucking brilliant. Not so much because Kang is a turd, but because it was just a huge shock at the time.

Then the whole zombie Kang crap etc, ruined it.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
I like some things and don't like other stuff like most stories and things...
I do understand why the things I don't like are there so I don't get hung up on them...
I like most of the characters and know freinds who like the ones I don't so I think they all serve a purpose...
I miss some old characters that are not in the game but I freinded some people I missed from high school on Facebook... And now I'm like fuck them... Some things are better as memories... So I don't freak out over what I don't have and find things to like in what I do...

MkX is an alternate timeline. The mkx franchise is like 20 years old or something like that. We need new characters and we need to keep moving forward instead of dwelling in the past trying to bring back old irrelevant characters from deadly alliance and deception. Don't get me wrong I wish frost and BO Ra Cho was playable and they were apart of the game. I also wouldn't mind fugin being in but there not wasted space. Its time for some new characters to have a chance and I like them all. the only character I thought should have gotten a little more love was Jackie. I do like the new out world character though.
Nobody is asking for Hsu Hao, Dairou and Kobra or anybody like that now. Lol I just want to see more or less the same characters you mentioned outside of just a "hey, remember these guys?" cameo and new characters with interesting designs and backstories that aren't offsprings.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
As in the events of DA & after? or After the events of DA?

The plot twist of Liu Kang being murdered by Quan & Shang was fucking brilliant. Not so much because Kang is a turd, but because it was just a huge shock at the time.

Then the whole zombie Kang crap etc, ruined it.
After DA, DA was awesome.

And I disagree.

The narrative of the former champion of Earth's corpse(re-animated by a desperate and probably grieving dark Raiden) wandering around mindlessly slaughtering people whilst his spirit tries to regain control is awesome.

Tim Static

Adminerator
After DA, DA was awesome.

And I disagree.

The narrative of the former champion of Earth's corpse(re-animated by a desperate and probably grieving dark Raiden) wandering around mindlessly slaughtering people whilst his spirit tries to regain control is awesome.
Meh. It felt like an attempt to say sorry for killing off the MK Champion to me. Didn't like it.

Not that it matters in this story line. However, Kitana & Liu Kang as the evil rulers is just dumb imo

-narshkajke-

klone enthusiast
story got some serious power level problem,, Kotal Kahn, Quan Chi and Shinnok is the biggest offender.
Kotal Kahn the new emperor of outworld, got beaten by rookie Shaolin Monk Kung Jin,
Shinnok the big bad, got ass whooped by 2 generation of Cage.

Quan Chi? Dude's there just to be dominated by the likes of Scorpion and Sonya.

I kinda missed Shao Kahn, he may not be an Elder God, or eloquent in speech, but dude is a serious threat, Raiden have to borrow the Elder Gods power to beat his ass, and his "wife" killed nearly half of the Kombatants in Story Mode.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
They killed him off and the backlash over it made them figure out a way to put him back in the game. That's why there was a zombie Liu Kang
If someone took your favorite character, killed them, then brought them back and removed everything you liked about them, and then reversed their traits, would you consider that an apology?

The point of Zombie Liu Kang was to make Liu Kang a completely different character because they wanted to be edgy and boring hero man wasn't a part of that vision.

He was about as apologetic to Liu Kang fans as a middle finger.

Tim Static

Adminerator
If someone took your favorite character, killed them, then brought them back and removed everything you liked about them, and then reversed their traits, would you consider that an apology?

The point of Zombie Liu Kang was to make Liu Kang a completely different character because they wanted to be edgy and boring hero man wasn't a part of that vision.

He was about as apologetic to Liu Kang fans as a middle finger.
They didn't have much choice at that point. Should have left him dead at that point. As in just a spirit & not a playable character.

Until MK9

So why is Raiden so angry now? He has to go out and commit acts of detente against other realms. MK11 Raiden vs. Kotal vs. Reinvigorated Rain? And will nega-Liu Kang ever get into nega-Kitana's private fandom?