What's new

Your feelings on the story ? ( Spoilers obviously)

I personally can not help but feel underwhelmed by the story itself. I was a bit let down by the lack of advancements in the Liu Kang/Kung Lao/Kitana and bunch of the revenants. The character like Kenshi that does not really do much in the story other than just being kinda there.

Not to mention that nothing really happened in regard Kotal/ outworld and the relation ship with Earthrealm story. Yeah Mileena is dead ( Which is kinda sad IMO because this is her best version in any MK game IMO) but his arc where he invaded Earthrealm seeking the amulet feels incomplete. So The Lin Kuei started fighting them but what happend next. Did they go back ? Are they captured in Earthrealm ?

I felt that there is not enough closure to the story. The cinematic and the QTE are great but the story itself is so-so in my opinion.

they shoulda finished the story instead of leaving it at a cliff hanger again and waiting another 5 years for mk11 lol and yeah i wanted to see what happened to noob and the revenants story etc so many unanswered questions. Remember when edboon said the big bad was a surprise? well the surprise isn't shinnok because hes too obvious to suspect but was it shinnok after all or dark raiden at the end? im confused

i can't wait half a decade again i would rather pay for a story dlc imo we don't need another mk for A LONG while, longer than ps3s mk9. they can just keep updating the game

Error Macro

It April yet?
Yea, the fact that most of the revenants stayed revenants was a head scratcher. The Sub Zero/Scorpion chapter was cool but development like that was pretty rare. And people must of really complained about the difficulty of MK9 story. The Cyrax Sektor fight toward the beginning of MK9 story was harder than anything in MKX story. Forget about comparing the Shao Kahn fights to anything.

KingOko

Was it good for you?
Im mad that Tanya, Rain, Baraka, and even Frost had their names said in the story but they couldn't say FUJIN once!!

And how is Kotal Khan the new Khan but gets beat down by Kung Jin? The Khan should be the most badass mf ever, i.e Shao Khan, but i dusted his ass and I felt sad about it lol.

But it was a cool story cant lie, I enjoyed it very much.

Ohhhhh and when Quan Chi dies?!?! That was TIGHT!!!

smile

Noob
The fact that i can sum up the entire story in three sentences is a problem.
They beat Shinnok. Shinnok returned. They beat him again.
The civil war in outworld was a more interesting plot to me, but i guess they gave that storyline to the comics rather than the game. Also why were the comic hyping up the kamidogu then they are never even mentioned in story mode?

Gito666

Ninjas > Special Forces
Slightly underwhelmed as well. It was fun, and entertaining, but kinda predictable. Seems like they tried to squeeze a bit too much in.

I was super surprised that d'vorah was by FAR my fav kharacter in the entire story. such a badass!

I felt underwhelmed also, but it was okay.

I absolutely loved the return of evil Raiden.

I was really hoping that Shinnok was not the big bad, so predictable

Fujin? WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU!

It was nice to see all of the MK9 NPCs

The new characters really grew on me in story, especially De'Vorah. She is so gross but such a badass.

Liu kang is bae, why is my bae still some evil monster D:

Quan Chi is probably the most evil character in the history of MK, I would love to see him ressurected

Im mad that Tanya, Rain, Baraka, and even Frost had their names said in the story but they couldn't say FUJIN once!!

And how is Kotal Khan the new Khan but gets beat down by Kung Jin? The Khan should be the most badass mf ever, i.e Shao Khan, but i dusted his ass and I felt sad about it lol.

That QTE where Sonya beat the living crap out of Quan Chi and stomps his balls was probably my favorite MK moment of all time, god i hate him. It does signal that the revenants will not be coming back.

I thought human Scorpion was supposed to be reasonable but that dick screwed almost everyone over during his chapter.

Bar_Bar13

Friendly Neighborhood Spectre
That QTE where Sonya beat the living crap out of Quan Chi and stomps his balls was probably my favorite MK moment of all time, god i hate him. It does signal that the revenants will not be coming back.

I thought human Scorpion was supposed to be reasonable but that dick screwed almost everyone over during his chapter.
For that chapter, I felt like Scorpion mostly took over Hanzo. Only thing that Hanzo was his no killing rue (Except for Crunchy obviously)

I liked it, despite having Quan Chi and Mileena's deaths spoiled prior to the game's release by idiotic posters. But I have some complaints:

No dialogue spoken between Kitana and Mileena whatsoever. They never even mention each other in passing.

What the hell happened to Fujin? He can help save Earthrealm from one cataclysmic event, but can't be bothered for the next?

They couldn't seem to make up their mind about Kung Jin- is he the destined leader of his squad? Or is he an idiot that likes to fuck up their strategy? Lone wolf or team player?

As previously mentioned there was absolutely no advancement or closure for Lao, Kang, Kitana. They just stayed revenants, even though their main costumes would suggest otherwise.

With Kenshi's involvement in the story you'd think that he was a non playable NPC. I'm pretty sure Sindel got more action than he did.

Finally- all of the chapters focused on either a new character or Sub Zero/Scorpion/Raiden/special forces. It would have been nice to have chapters for characters that WOULD have a guaranteed story chapter in games prior, even if they were just entirely flashbacks for exposition. Characters like Kitana or Liu Kang.

Hell when you think about it we never really got closure on ANYTHING.

Last edited:

NKZero

Noob
So I wanna understand this...

It takes Raiden and the help of the elder gods to weaken and eventually defeat Shao Kahn, an emperor.

But Cassie Cage, a mere mortal, defeats Shinnok, a fallen elder god turned monster or whatever the hell that was?

Somebody explain that logic plz (inb4 fighting games no logic herp derp).

gamesun

Noob
First off I didn't like that Mileena got killed off, and I felt the story could have used at least 2 or 3 more hours worth of exploring these characters.

Seriously they should've added more the Kotal vs. Mileena arc, make the civil war feel more important and then focus more on each of the characters back story(the flash backs were the best parts imo).

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store

Raiden said Fujin's name in their first conversation. They both addressed each other by name (assuming so the new players would know who they are).

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one

They did say Fujin. Raiden said it in the beginning.