What's new

Your favorite and least favorite NEW characters for MK X?

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Most favorites: D'vorah, Takeda, Kotal (in that order)
Neutral: Erron Black
Least favorites: Jacquie, Cassie, Kung Jin, Ferra/Torr (in that order)

Btw, even if D'vorah is my favorite from the new ones she doesn't get to the middle of my ranking if we consider all the roster.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I like all the new characters although my absolute favorite new character is erron black, and some people think that I must really like takeda because he is my favorite video game characters son and trained by my favorite MK ninja, he kinda lies smack dab in the middle of my liking of the new characters, and the one i like the least would probably be D'Vorah, i dont hate her, hell i actually really like her, but i like the other characters more

Damicky

LameGame
Kotal is just simply awesome. Least favorite would probably have to be Sonya. Seems so bland when you have two huge personalities like Johnny and Cassie in the game.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I have a thing for Prince of Persia Two Thrones and its chain blade. I also love the idea of gunslinging cowboys in fighting game rosters. For this reason

Favorites:
Takashi Takeda / Erron Black

Least Favorite:
Ferrah/ Torr

...sorry @Doombawkz . I loved Bane, but Bane was...well Bane. He was cunning, brutal and powerful. I loved that. Ferrah/Torr has both characters sounding like one is a mindless brute and the other isn't much better. I also don't dig the lumbering ape like movement...remember my hatred of Grodd? Yeah...Ferrah/Torr just kind of hits all the "big guy" themes that I don't dig. I don't dig folks acting and sounding like some sort of savage who is nigh feral if they just don't look scary nor do I like strong guys who can't even make a complete sentence or move without turning into a caveman. I know it was a Mad Max Master Blaster sort of character but it just doesn't resonate for me. I'll grapple elsewhere Bane Council.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Favorite: Jacqui Briggs

Least favorite: Cassie Cage (idk why, she just seems annoying, prolly her mother)

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
love Cassie, Jacqui, D'vorah

dislike Kung Jin and Ferra/Torr, wouldn't go so far as to say i hate any of them though

Boo Boo Kitty

#justice4Sindel
Favourite: D'Vorah

Least favourite: Takeda.

All the new character additions have been fantastic though. I only wish NRS included more new characters that weren't offspring of the veterans.

Like: Kotal and Erron Black
I'm ok with: Kung Jin and Cassie
Not like but respect for originality: Dvorah and Ferra / Torr
Totally Dislike: Jacqui and Takeda... I expected more from a character coming from Scorpion and Kenshi.

I could have sworn we just did this.

Likes (in order): Jacqui, Erron Black, Kotal, Dvorah, Cassie, Ferra/Torr, Kung Jin
Dislike: Takeda

While all of the other series noobs are a better visual design, the two I can't effing *wait* to see at a high level are Cassie & Jacqui.

...and though I don't really have any interest in playing F/T, I still have to give props to NRS, for creativity and design. I kinda hope the high-level F/T turns out to be really good.

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
Right now I'm torn between this 3 characters: Erron Black, Kung Jin & Kung Jin.

I believe that all have great variations and good combos, buffs, and 50/50s.

I think ultimately I will choose the character that has the fatalities/brutalities.

But its still a 3 way tie!!

:(

Someone help me!! *cries*

umgogo

The Memory Protector
Great: Cassie, Erron Black, D'Vorah

Good: Ferra/Torr, Jacqui

Mediocre: Kotal Kahn (reminds me too much of Ahau Kin from the nefarious War Gods), Takeda, Kung Jin

On the whole, I find the new additions to X to be rather appealing, as MK designs go.

Favourite: If it wasn't obvious enough by my avatar, Kotal. Pretty much everything about him I can get behind.

Erron Black and D'Vorah get points for being aligned with Kotal and bringing something new to the MK roster.

Cassie, Jacqui, Takeda and Jin seem alright, but I'm largely indifferent towards 'em.

The only character I "don't like" is Torr. He just seems like total canon-fodder, which is a shame because I'm sure he and Ferra's race have a decent back-story. Ferra and his Bane like moveset seem like his only redeeming qualities.