What's new

Your favorite and least favorite NEW characters for MK X?

D

Deleted member 9158

Sonya. I don't see why she is good in Mk X. Reason?
I don't know if your with me here, but the reason is because she uses more gadgets then anything here.
And she seems out of place in his game. X-Ray, meh.
The gadgets are doing all of the work and why do we have her kid if she is also in the game?
Both her fatalities are meh, (gadgets doing all the work for her lazy ass) so she is the less wanted character on my book.
I was thinking to myself ''who has the lamest fatality in the game?'' and now I have come to the conclusion that Sonya's head trophy one is by far the lamest.

I don't know if your with me here, but the reason is because she uses more gadgets then anything here.
The gadgets are doing all of the work and why do we have her kid if she is also in the game?
Both her fatalities are meh, (gadgets doing all the work for her lazy ass) so she is the less wanted character on my book.
She's got a lot of mix up in her covert ops variation. Play a good Sonya and you will see. She get 40% off her ex parry which parrys most wake ups. She gets 56% in the corner off X-ray.... Can't wake up on her....She's not bad

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
Takeda seems completely garbage , his only argueably decent variation is shirai Ryu , and even that isn't that good. He was crucified by his god awful pokes.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
I don't know about being the worst character or whatever but Takeda doesn't seem nearly as ridiculous as he looked pre-release.

She's good because she has lots of good mix ups. She has a fats dive kick that she can combo into, and if I do it correctly, with 1 bar, I can get 38% damage. If it's in the corner, I can get 48 % damage. I don't see how gadgets make a character bad... but she doesn't use a single gadget on her normal moves, and most of her special moves she's using her legs (dive kick, leg grab, arc kick). Her X-Ray is definitely one of the best one's in this game. After her X-Ray she can run and continue the combo to 56%. I agree that her fatalities could be better though!

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
I haven't played competitively yet or really explored much aside from max damage/flashy combos, but the characters I find to be severely lacking are Kotal Kahn, Quan Chi and Shinnok.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Kitana in my opinion, is the weakest character in MKX. That may be because I've played her almost exclusively since release, so I know more about her flaws then any other character. Kitana lacks any mixups. She has 1 overhead attack, b2, that has a 23 frame startup and leads to a hard knockdown so you can't get any real damage off of it if you manage to hit it. On top of this she has only a a few quick pokes to punish up close that often are out of range due to pushback, so it is hard to punish up close with her. She also has no wakeup options. her df3 can be armored, but is so negative on block that it is too unsafe to do.
So you managed to determine that Kitana is Bad because you think she lacks mixups in what, 6 days playing?
Are you sure you're playing MKX?

On a more serious note, where does these guys crawl out from?

@GGA 16bit

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
I literally can not call anyone the worst at this point. It just feels there is a huge up side to every single character, to the point where I would feel stupid for saying they are the worst.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Whoever merged the threads, now some replies don't even make sense. Good job.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
The thread title has been so dramatically changed that my previous response no longer makes sense.

Favorite new character:

- Takeda by a long shot. Futuristic ninja trained by Scorpion who also happens to have Kenshi as a father who passed down the gift of telepathy? He's like fucking Bobba Fett and Luke Skywalker fused into one.

Least favorite new character:

- Jacqui... Could she be anymore stock? It was such an "uggghhh" moment when I saw her come down with a parachute in her intro. Do we really need this archetype? That being said, I don't hate her and her gun arms are her saving grace.