What's new

Who's Next? Leatherface, Xenomorph, Bo' Rai Cho & Tri-Borg Are Koming to MKX in 2016!!

TamedLizard

Buff George
Okay, so here are my final thoughts for now:

I get that two guests would lure casuals back to the game. But it still obviously wasn't enough to keep them around after KP1. They'll make the initial purchase (which is all that really matters I guess), play for a couple weeks, then move on....again.

But what about the loyalists who have supported the game (tournament players, streamers, devoted MK fans) for 8 months that were pleading to see Fujin, Rain, Li Mei, Sareena or Noob?

Don't get me wrong, I'm personally ecstatic about BRC but I think we all know he wasn't exactly an all-star choice.

In the end, our community (albeit a small percentage but point still stands) is the portion that offers longevity to the game's life. Just one more guest would have been bearable (still overkill) but adding another sure doesn't make it any less painful than it was the first time. I mean damn, you've made the best selling game of the year. Were two more guests really necessary? What else do you want? The Nobel Prize?

/rant

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Okay, so here are my final thoughts for now:

I get that two guests would lure casuals back to the game. But it still obviously wasn't enough to keep them around after KP1. They'll make the initial purchase (which is all that really matters I guess), play for a couple weeks, then move on....again.

But what about the loyalists who have supported the game (tournament players, streamers, devoted MK fans) for 8 months that were pleading to see Fujin, Rain, Li Mei, Sareena or Noob?

Don't get me wrong, I'm personally ecstatic about BRC but I think we all know he wasn't exactly an all-star choice.

In the end, our community (albeit a small percentage but point still stands) is the portion that offers longevity to the game's life. Just one more guest would have been bearable (still overkill) but adding another sure doesn't make it any less painful than it was the first time. I mean damn, you've made the best selling game of the year. Were two more guests really necessary? What else do you want? The Nobel Prize?

/rant
Anybody that was pleading for Rain should have moved to Seattle cause he wasn't gonna be in MKX since the beginning.

TamedLizard

Buff George
Anybody that was pleading for Rain should have moved to Seattle cause he wasn't gonna be in MKX since the beginning.
Not sure what you mean by "beginning", but that is definitely more easily stated now than it was 8 months ago or pre-release. Especially once news about another KP started making rounds.

And sans Bo Rai Cho lol. I like Bo, but there is no chance he was more requested than Noob, Sareena, Shang Tsung, Fujin, Rain, or Sindel. At least Alien makes sense and had some logic/demand behind their inclusion.
He was certainly more requested than sareena and fujin genious

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
Y'all do know Leatherface has used far more than a chainsaw in the TCM franchise, right? He's used sledgehammers, meat cleavers, and meat hooks as well. They could very easily build variations around that.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
I'm annoyed that it's gonna be cheaper to buy KP2 than Xenoraka and Triborg +all the skin packs. I hope the skin packs are actually all shit like the Brazilian and Kommunist ones.

And what will come with the patches now? The MKX Mobile skins? UMK3 Kitana, Mileena & Sonya?

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I can understand that not having your favorite character in kind of sucks. Believe me, I get it.

There is nothing wrong with being dissatisfied. As always, if you don't like the DLC, don't buy it. That's why, unless you travel and compete, DLC is completely optional.

These people wanting to drop the game, stop playing competitively, sign petitions, so on and so forth I don't get. These people saying the game isn't MK because of guests, I don't get. The series has always been over the top and silly, or are forgetting that they had a whole feature where characters could turn into skunks and dinosaurs as finishing moves. Or that in older games, you could give your opponent dolls or birthday cakes as finishing moves.
It's 2015. Everyone wants to be angry about everything.

Parasurama

Dragon
LORD SPAWN!!!! COME ON!!! WWWHHHHYYYYY!! Sell him as a stand alone now and watch not only the preorders but the actual sells out out the roof. Spawn is a timeless classic anti-hero, and one of the baddest motherfucker to ever dethrone God AND SATAN. NRS and WB just know that this brother is not to be fucked with. Puny ninjas. Lord Spawn. Crush em all.

Spawn should be in Injustice 2! :)

Goat-City

Banned
New movie is being made. You can pretty much find out guest dlc by looking at WB's movie line up. 2011 MK9 had Freddy (Remake was coming out) 2013 Injustice had Zod (Man of Steel)
I'm guessing nrs only recently got the OK to include leather face, as in the silhouettes he isn't there and baraka and alien were but individually. Tbh that's a big help for them as I think they would be struggled getting baraka and alien 3 variations each
Wasn't the silhouette with the rounded square shaped ears Leatherface? Look at Leatherface's ears, they completely match.

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
so from what i see the Tri-borg is the hypiest character but who knows if they will be good or not either way cyber smoke is the main man for me