What's new

Who's Next? Leatherface, Xenomorph, Bo' Rai Cho & Tri-Borg Are Koming to MKX in 2016!!

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Has anyone thought about this and this is purely hypothetical but could leather face be shang tsung? the same way they added joker as a shang tsung fatality in mk9. Shang could literally be one of his variations. I really cant think of 3 variation of leather face and whats the point when jasons there plus there has to be more to be revealed because this kombat pack isnt even out till next year. Food for thought
God I hope not. At this point I almost just wanna wait for mkXI for Shang

Ye but variation shang vs 3 variations of leather face i mean common which sounds more interesting? but i mean leather face could just be 1 variation of shang and the other 2 are just shang soul thieving grandmaster himself
nope

They'll probably make the Alien adopt the standard blood of the Tarkatan to avoid that situation altogether.

If not, maybe it will cause constant damage when you walk on it? I'd imagine if they did do that, it would probably cause less damage than base Noxious' damage.
for balance issues it probably won't do anything. Just like how sweeps worked in floating characters like sinestro, black Adam, and superman the same as standing characters.
My main gripe with the inclusion of alien is the sheer power difference of the character vs the characters of the mk universe. They are bigger, more aggressive creatures with all the tools to deal with humans in a matter of seconds. As Ash said in the first movie, "a perfect organism." The only character actually suited to fight the alien is the predator, as for the humans if one got close to you it was pretty much guaranteed to be the last thing you would see, even if you managed to kill it the acid bath would likely kill you.
The TarkatAlien thing is super interesting as an idea but I just really don't see how it's gonna pan out without severely perverting the Alien lore. I don't think the avp characters can really be done well outside of shooting games and goddammit it makes me miss avp 2 for the PC all those years ago.

BornThroughAshes

Devil Apes
So the kombat pack hasnt been "officially" released yet? Only leaked?

I've been looking for a statement on why they didn't announce it yesterday in the game awards but I couldn't find anything.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Let me repeat it:
"The game is dead because a character I don't like will be available for optional purchase in a few months, therefore I'll drop the game and tell everyone about how much the company reponsible for development ruined my game".

I'm the dick huh
Wow you're like if Fox News were a person. It's the fact you don't even get my point that's making you look bad. I'm not dropping the game because I don't like the DLC characters, nor am I out there whining that NRS ruined the game, I'm dropping it because I don't like the game's mechanics enough and don't like the fact the one character I'm interested in playing isn't included. Is that really so hard to understand? I've been trying to convey this for several replies now and you're still twisting my words into an irrelevant point. What's wrong with you? Why does me having an opinion offend your life so much? Do you really have to tell me you disagree with my point? Is that, and condescending me when I've taken no shots at you, that urgent? And you try to tell me I'm not being mature...
This makes even less sense than before. First of all, can we put to rest this, "my character" crap? You have no ownership over these characters. You, like the rest of us, are a consumer. Just because you like something a lot does not mean it's yours.

So if your feelings about the game don't change, then why does it matter? You said that even if Fujin were in, your feelings about the game wouldn't change. So what's the problem? If you weren't feeling it before, would Fujin really turn that around enough?

Also, you have a main before KP2 was announced. Clearly, something about that main appealed enough for you to want to practice the game and attend offline events for it. Why would that suddenly have to change?

Seriously, you are allowed to be upset Fujin isn't in. But to stop playing just because you didn't get what you wanted from OPTIONAL DLC? That's childish.

Short version: Grow up.
Sorry you misinterpreted my liking for a character as a claim to ownership, when I say "my character" I mean the character I like most.

Well, yes. Do you realise how long it's been since Fujin has been playable? I didn't get the chance to play him in MK4 or Armageddon, the only two times he's even been included. This was something I was hoping would happen because it be the first time I get to play my favourite character but clearly that hasn't happened. My feelings towards the game are pretty much "meh" at the moment and this would have given me a reason to continue playing but now I have none. Why does this all matter to you anyway? Yet again you're doing that thing you do where you HAVE to reply to me stating my opinion on something solely because you disagree with it or you have a grudge or something I don't even know about. You don't have to tell me you disagree every time you know.

Because I only picked my main based on character archetype preference. I've always said should Fujin be included I'd drop every variation in the game I play (which is a lot more than a few) and solely play his three variations. That's what character loyalists tend to do.

Again you people either are being ignorant on purpose and are twisting my words to fit your own crazy conclusion or legitimately don't get what I'm saying so let me spell it out once more:
I'm not dropping the game because I don't like the DLC characters, I'm dropping the game because
A. I don't find some of the gameplay elements fun
B. I don't find 99% of the variations I play fun enough to continue playing a lot any more
C. I've been waiting to play my favourite character and yet again he's not included and I'm tired of waiting for it

That's just how some character loyalists work man. It's like the people who can't play anyone but female characters, some of them won't play a game if it doesn't have a female character in it. Does that make sense?

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Also I guess my 6 cents for the other 3.
Leatherface is lame but might end up broken anyways.

The new triborg looks tight. But I do feel he will have only 1 or 2 good variations and 1 or 2 useless ones simply because I feel the base character tools will complement certain variations specials better than others. Also it's possible the reason joker sucked so hard was arguably because Cyrax was so good.

As far as bo rai Cho I really don't know much about him as I didn't play any mk games after 3 until mk vs dc and mk9. Any of those characters could have been interchanged and it really wouldn't make a difference to me, I would have been interested in all of their inclusion. Visually though I think Sareena looks tight

God I hope not. At this point I almost just wanna wait for mkXI for Shang

nope

for balance issues it probably won't do anything. Just like how sweeps worked in floating characters like sinestro, black Adam, and superman the same as standing characters.
My main gripe with the inclusion of alien is the sheer power difference of the character vs the characters of the mk universe. They are bigger, more aggressive creatures with all the tools to deal with humans in a matter of seconds. As Ash said in the first movie, "a perfect organism." The only character actually suited to fight the alien is the predator, as for the humans if one got close to you it was pretty much guaranteed to be the last thing you would see, even if you managed to kill it the acid bath would likely kill you.
The TarkatAlien thing is super interesting as an idea but I just really don't see how it's gonna pan out without severely perverting the Alien lore. I don't think the avp characters can really be done well outside of shooting games and goddammit it makes me miss avp 2 for the PC all those years ago.
everyone not named cassie and jacqui and a big maybe on erron black and takeda and sonya would destroy alien. Like not even close at all acid blood and all

JS1

Noob
I'm so disappointed about this kombat pack, netherealm don't care fans, they think just about the money, f*** this bullshit, MK is dead

E

Eldriken

I'm so disappointed about this kombat pack, netherealm don't care fans, they think just about the money, f*** this bullshit, MK is dead
How many times are we gonna have to say this? This isn't NRS' fault. Raise your torches and pitchforks to Warner Bros.

Aramonde

Noob
I see people posting that Leatherface will sell well but do a lot young people know who he is? I had to google him to find out who he was. I dont like horror movies but i know who freddy, Jason and MM are. I just dont think hes as well know as people think but i could be wrong.

CNBFTBGB

Noob
I hope it's not one character per month. That would mean the last of the bunch would be released 5 months from now :/

PLAY FOR KEEPSIES

No backsies
How many times are we gonna have to say this? This isn't NRS' fault. Raise your torches and pitchforks to Warner Bros.
You have absolutely nothing factual on who's fault it is, u simply speculate it's not NRS. It doesn't matter, because it's useless for us as consumers to seperate them as entity's until they do it. Complaints about NRS doing this are no different to complaints about WB doing, if WB are the ones in charge of NRS. However absolving NRS from it based off blind faith in their good intentions, when they have done and said nothing of the sort to distance themselves of it is a bad mentality unless u have some insider knowledge

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
It is just amazing how predatory this community gets towards itself. The SF kids occasionally tear each other apart and play the wasted spot game when the 80/20 girl ratio gets violated, but the MK community has really turned "what I want is more important than what you want" into an art form.

Uh, a ton of fans wanted Sektor, Cyrax, Robo Smoke and Bo Rai Cho. People have been similarly clammoring for Alien since before Predator's announcement. Five fanbases just got cared for.

I'm not sure how its anybody's "fault". Should they really include characters who will sell LESS?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Very disappointed seeing NRS and Ed Boon acting in "greedy as hell" mode, focusing in casual fanboys instead of hardcore loyal MK classic fans, and taking some fucking weird crazy decision about KP2 .... instead of being fan service and choosing characters like Fujin, Sareena, Baraka and Sindel, they picked Leatherface (ok, Texas Chainsaw Massacre , as movie, it's cool a lot, but Leatherface sounds kinda awkward and out of place in MKX, since we already have Jason in the game ....) , Bo Rai Cho who is one of the stupidest, corny and cheesy character ever created for MK franchise ..... Oh my, wtf NRS is doing ? Must be troll season provoking tactics coming from them, hehe :confused:

Xeno-raka it's cool, and this one has potential , and the tri-bog is amazing choice, no doubt about it ! :D

Anyway, a KP3 having only classic and most wanted MK characters, being releasing in future, could be a very nice way to NRS and Ed to redeem themselves and please fans who are disappointed now, however, it's almost impossible to have this taking place :oops:

JS1

Noob
It is just amazing how predatory this community gets towards itself. The SF kids occasionally tear each other apart and play the wasted spot game when the 80/20 girl ratio gets violated, but the MK community has really turned "what I want is more important than what you want" into an art form.

Uh, a ton of fans wanted Sektor, Cyrax, Robo Smoke and Bo Rai Cho. People have been similarly clammoring for Alien since before Predator's announcement. Five fanbases just got cared for.

I'm ok for rob smoke (hyrax , sector), it's a good idea, but alien, bo rai cho (the worst MK character) & leather face ???!!!! leatherface, who want this character ? I just want a real MK game with good characters

JS1

Noob
I'm ok for rob smoke (hyrax , sector), it's a good idea, but alien, bo rai cho (the worst MK character) & leather face ???!!!! leatherface, who want this character ? I just want a real MK game with good characters