What's new

Who won't return!

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Skarlet with slide-slashes returned to her.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
I've always assumed that MK10 would be an amalgam of MK4 and Deadly Alliance so that they can milk the reboot for at least 1 more installment.

Comparing the roster of those games (MK4, MK:Gold, MK: DA, MK:TE), here's who I expect to NOT see next installment:

Sindel
Ermac
Jade
Nightwolf
Smoke
Stryker
Kabal
Cyber Sub Zero
Sheeva
Skarlet
Rain
Freddy Krueger
Kratos
Shao Kahn
Kintaro

Limelights

"The smart stuff"
The have the perfect cast for MK9. They included all the characters from the original games, minus a few. Maybe it's because I hated MK:DA through MK:A, I think they're terrible games, but all of the new characters introduced in those games are stupid to me. A lot of them are just knock-off's of the original characters (Darius, Movado, etc.)

Maybe Noob and Smoke become one again, that will open up the cast a space. I agree with Stryker and Sindel maybe being out. Perhaps they get rid of CSZ or have him as an alt. costume for Sub.

I'm just curious about what's going to happen to the DLC characters. All four of them are really cool, maybe they put them in the story for MK10? I just don't want to see any of them leave.

SLy

Noob
The thing about NRS is that I feel they purposely had Quan Chi hold the souls of the ones who died as an excuse to bring some characters back..

Anyone that died..Leave em dead for story mode..

Give them the option to be playable for Arcade and Multiplayer..

The only character I would put money on not coming back (barring guest characters) is Cyber Sub-Zero, and maybe Human Smoke in favor of Robot Smoke.

Ideally I wouldn't want anyone to be dropped. I've always said that fighting games shouldn't drop characters, especially if it's because of story reasons. However, the idea of NRS trying to balance such a potentially huge roster is terrifying.

Limelights

"The smart stuff"
The only character I would put money on not coming back (barring guest characters) is Cyber Sub-Zero, and maybe Human Smoke in favor of Robot Smoke.

Ideally I wouldn't want anyone to be dropped. I've always said that fighting games shouldn't drop characters, especially if it's because of story reasons. However, the idea of NRS trying to balance such a potentially huge roster is terrifying.
As long as they stick to the character templates they have set, and try and take feedback and ideas from reliable sources it should be fine. You have to admit they did a good job with MK9, minus Kabal.

The thing that worries me is, if the game comes out unbalanced and they have to rely on updates, how often and how much they'll be able to fix at a time. Every update for every game has to go by Microsoft and it's a long process. There's also a limit to how big an update can be.

Anyway, back to the topic, I see them cutting a lot of characters now that I think of it. There's a few lists on here and those sound about right.

Pikachu

I Pikachu while you shower.
Roster is just fine, get rid of the DLC characters cyber sub quan and jade styrke too and its perfect

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
story wise, according with the final of MK9 story , only Johnny Cage, Raiden , and Sonya, probably be back in MK10.

Skarlet is welcome, since she is alive in MK9, and perhaps Sektor and Cyrax. Sheeva and Mileena, maybe too.

Quan Chi and Shinnok, is 100% right to be there.

Scorpion ? Maybe, he was only defeated by Raiden, not killed, in MK9 ..... Kano could might be there, who knows ?

Reptile and Ermac seems to be alive too, in the end of story mode .........

For others , I hope Li Mei, Sareena and Tanya could appear in MK10.

It might just be me, but a cast of 40+ characters for MK10 sounds awful. I think we have a lot, honestly, even in MK9. To be fair, though, I really like games that have a low numbered cast, but I also understand it hurts the diversity of a game to have so few characters.

It's also hard to say who won't return, because of the nature of MK's story line. I think every character has the right to return though.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Kabal will comeback.....because he is Kuh-bawl. You cannot hope to contain him, he'll break his way into the roster if he has to. You'll put your cursor over Jade and when you select it, Kabal will pop out and say "NAW NYUGGA U PLAYIN AS ME NAO"!!

I think they should keep everyone in it.Im pretty sure that they have awesome writers who can put together some great stuff to bounce back off of mk9's story mode.hopefully.lol.As far as additions,I'd like to see a few more characters but not sure off the top of my head.And as far as DLC,I'd like to see the predator make an appearance.lol.my avatar gave me that thought.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
no freddy or kabal, possibly also no sindel. never liked her and story wise she was "taken care of"

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
The thing about NRS is that I feel they purposely had Quan Chi hold the souls of the ones who died as an excuse to bring some characters back..

Anyone that died..Leave em dead for story mode..

Give them the option to be playable for Arcade and Multiplayer..
this is exactly how i feel. it would really suck if some of the best characters from MK9 were left out of MK10 for any reason.

Reactions: SLy

Flagg

Noob
I dont understand how they can do MK 10 when they killed off a massive percentage of the MK 9 roster.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I think everyone will be in MK10 that was in MK9 except maybe Cyber Sub and Freddy. I hope they keep the same exact roster and add to it a few new characters like Tanya, Shinnok, ect.

SLy

Noob
I dont understand how they can do MK 10 when they killed off a massive percentage of the MK 9 roster.
Well new characters are hinted within some characters ending in Arcade. Theres always an option of New characters. The rest would probably be the remaining roster that didn't make the cut.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
no freddy or kabal, possibly also no sindel. never liked her and story wise she was "taken care of"
See, I really hope they deviate from the story at least a litte bit when it comes to the characters. I know DLC is bound to be completely independent of the main story line..but damn. If they go 100% with the story, a good portion of the cast is going to be gone. Who died in the storyline? I can't remember everyone....Sub, Louis P. Kangowitz, Sindel, Shao Kahn are all I can remember. Wasn't jade killed when Sindel walks into that big battle after getting resurrected?

Flagg

Noob
Well new characters are hinted within some characters ending in Arcade. Theres always an option of New characters. The rest would probably be the remaining roster that didn't make the cut.
The reason I came back to MK after so many years is that this game is like a reboot of MK I, II and III, all favourites of mine. All the old favourites were back. I mean I lost complete interest in the series when MK IV landed, and I really hope that's not the direction they take MK 10 in.

I mean I dont mind new. Skarlet is new and I like her. For me, Kenshi and Rain were new as I never encountered them post UMK 3 and I think they are cool.

MK 9 is hands down the best Mortal Kombat game in the entire series. I just think the series works best in a 2D plain, not a 3D plain.

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
Id prefer all of the characters to return, but realistically speaking I don't think too many people would miss Stryker or Cyber Sub Zero and Sheeva can easily be replaced with Goro.

See, I really hope they deviate from the story at least a litte bit when it comes to the characters. I know DLC is bound to be completely independent of the main story line..but damn. If they go 100% with the story, a good portion of the cast is going to be gone. Who died in the storyline? I can't remember everyone....Sub, Louis P. Kangowitz, Sindel, Shao Kahn are all I can remember. Wasn't jade killed when Sindel walks into that big battle after getting resurrected?
All of the good guys except for Sonya, Cage, and Raiden are dead plus Sindel, Shao Khan, Shang Tsung, and possibly Noob.

McNasty

Moist.
I hate to be an ass but FUCK story lines gimme the same shit just tweaked or more content in general. Much like sf4 if I main sagat I wanna deal with gameplay tweaks not relearn the character. One of the reasons mk games have not flourished was due to constant changes ie: 3d RIP. then a bunch of crap new chars. Just be creative within your set character guidelines(mk9)