What's new

Who won't return!

Sheeva is interesting for variety sake. But if they are going to leave her as a second class citizen then just do us all a favor and get rid of her.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I think Skarlet, Kenshi, Rain, and Freddy deserve to be in the next game, mostly just so they can show up in the story and actually be a part of the main plot.

Plus there all cool, and fun to play as.

I hope everybody who was slaughtered by Sindel gets resurrected somehow and brought back.

But Kung Lao...he can stay dead. Kabal too. And kill Johnny Cage while we're at it.

schnitzel_on_fire

Maining the Roster
ok, i don't want to derail the thread, but i'll give my roster thoughts+ reasons off the top of my head (wall of text) based on the mk9 story line and personal preferences:

IN
scorpion - mk needs him; still lives on in the netherrealm in the mk9 storyline
sub zero - like scorpion, they need him; don't talk to me about frost, that bitch can gtfo; maybe reverse CSZ's cyber initiative-process, idk
ermac - don't remember him dying; might now fight for the good guys as shao kahn is dead
reptile - probably going renegade
johnny cage - alive and well after the mk9 story events, plus he missed enough mk installments as it is
mileena - yearning for the throne of outworld
sonya - obviously alive like JC
raiden - third survivor of the good guys; this time w/ better normals/strings ;)
quan chi - raising hell and throwing a fit
kenshi - to make sure he's already in while they're still patching the game ;)

OUT
kung lao - as much as i love this character, they killed him off good in the mkII arc of mk9 in a way i don't see him coming back
sindel - like lao, she was taken care off legitimately in the story line; also, she was never a favorite of mine ;)
jade - never a big fan of hers, plus they obviously didn't get her right in mk9
nightwolf - cf. sindel
kano - LBSH, the character sucks; but give his choke move to someone else
stryker - i always thought gunshots to the face are stupid; defeated by sindel if memory serves
baraka - *yawn*
kuh-bawl - the king is dead, long live the king - but who will be s+ tier OP broken in this game?
CSZ - we had him, he sucked, next
sheeva - s.o.
freddy krueger - never should've been in there in the first place

MAYBE
liu kang - could be playable in a flashback of bo rai cho's; later in the arc as zombie kang; both skins for VS
kitana - a fan favorite, and as other characters in the battle against sindel, who knows if she lived; i'm undecided on this
cyrax/sektor - maybe only have one of the robots; i like cyrax better, but sektor has seen less games than his yellow buddie; tough choice
noob saibot - nobody knows what happened in the "soulnado"; i like him very much and want to see him done better in mk10
smoke - don't remember if he was killed, but i personally didn't quite like his playstyle in mk9; if he is in, get rid of his stupid hair
jax - like others who battled sindel, he was taken out quickly but might be alive; they rebuilt his arms already, maybe a more cybernetic jax?
shang tsung - given to sindel to increase her power, but maybe he could be regenerated during an arc w/ the now unchained ermac
skarlet - might be dropped for tanya's sake
rain - idk, this one feels iffy

i'll do new characters later, gotta go now.

TL;DR - there is no way to shorten this, so bite me.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
If Kitana dropped. They better have Skarlet with her f2121+2 string

I don't see Stryker sheeva and Kano returning. All dlc except freddy should return

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
If Liu Kang is not in the next game, then i'm hoping for Reiko to make it in the roster. Also hoping Kenshi returns.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
its not racist

f*** mike vick lol
Roflmao. Man take a loooooong look at Mike Vick, then a long look at Kai.. The old version looks more like A F0xy Grampa than anything, the newer version looks like.. An african-american person other than Mike Vick.

I mean you could have done worse and said Tiki Barber, but still :D

Characters I do not expect to return to MK10:

Sindel
Sheeva
Stryker
CSZ
Shang Tsung
Skarlet
Nightwolf
and unfortunately Mileena. (Basically Mileena I think is 50/50 since I'm pretty sure Kitana will be on the game.)