What's new

Who won't return!

Glass Sword

Nobody
A little while ago Hector Sanchez had an interview with DeadlyBison and when asked how large the roster would be for Injustice he said "Somewhere between 20 and 30 characters... we think that is the sweet spot."
Assuming this philosophy is held over by the time MK10 comes out several years from now (several is more than 2 but less than 10) there is a high chance not all the characters in MK9 will be returning in MK10. Who do you think will not return and why?
I think Sindel and Stryker will not return since they both died in the MK9 story line and their popularity is, as far as I am aware of, low to say the least. In the story they could both be easily minimized in importance despite the fact they now serve Quan Chi since he has so many servants now.
I also think Sheeva will not return since she has minimal importance to the story and is very unpopular, to my knowledge.

Glass Sword

Nobody
Hey this thread is about who is NOT coming back. Come on guys I just wanted to gauge who the community could live without.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Characters I do not want to return.

Sheeva
Jade
Raiden
Kabal
Baraka(though I want a new teeth guy to take his place)
Kano
Nightwolf
Jax
Noob
Ermac
Smoke

Special mention, character I really want to return to MK10
Freddy, doesn't have to actually be him, just his moveset.

MK_Salivial

MK Mad Decent
LBSH. They need to keep at least 25 of the MK9 characters and whatever is left should be new characters or familiar characters left out of MK9. Bo Rai Cho, Shinnok, Fujin.. etc

Honestly I'm terrified of what they'll do with MK10

LBSH. They need to keep at least 25 of the MK9 characters and whatever is left should be new characters or familiar characters left out of MK9. Bo Rai Cho, Shinnok, Fujin.. etc

Honestly I'm terrified of what they'll do with MK10
My fear of this is how much they'll be able to differentiate the current cast from MK9 to MK10.

Hopefully the engine is different enough, or they can change up most of the attack strings.

I would be fine with seeing around 15 of the existing chars and the rest of the cast being new.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.

Sheeva
Jade
Raiden
Kabal
Kano
Nightwolf
Jax
Noob
Ermac
Smoke

Sheeva
Jade
Raiden
Kabal
Kano
Nightwolf
Jax
Noob
Ermac
Smoke

Sheeva
Jade
Raiden
Kabal
Kano
Nightwolf
Jax
Noob
Ermac
Smoke
gtfo out.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Best roster for MK10 would be

Scorpion
Sub-zero (older)
Classic Reptile, human mix between Scorpion and Sub, just a weird unlockable dude.
Rain
Mileena
Skarlet
Zombie Stryker
Quan Chi
Kenshi
Sektor
Cyrax (becomes a human again)
Sonya
Cage
Goro (playable)
Freddy

Then 15 others, a mix between brand new, and a couple 3D MK characters, cherry pick the good ones, like Boraicho, Tanya, and Havik, maybe Mavado since Kabal is gone.

gdf

Noob

Sheeva
Jade
Raiden
Kabal
Kano
Nightwolf
Jax
Noob
Ermac
Smoke

Special mention, character I really want to return to MK10
Freddy, doesn't have to actually be him, just his moveset.
Ermac is still alive...hell most of the Outworld Generals were still alive at the end of the damn game.

Actually all characters have a possibility of returning due to Quan Chi's Deus Ex. To be completely honest, it really might just be a UMK9 with Zombie Liu Kang skins times a billion. Just a plot introducing DLC characters, and some extra Netherrealm denizens (eg Ashrah, Drahmin).