What's new

Question - Summoner What improvements would you like to see with summoner for kp2?

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
i would like all characters to get buffed untill they have close to the same tools as all of the S tiers.

but if that will never happen then those who do have broken tools like Tanya Rekas, Quan Summoner Pseudo's, HQT Zoning/Pressure, Tekada Pseudo's.

then they need to be normalized to the rest... and those who complaine about how useless they will be after taking away simi broken tools that they have then they might feel the same way as many character loyalists.

and it could make it fair. but as a stated i would rather see everyone get Resets, high damage combos and near unbloackables, which to me would make the game more fun.. if everyone had them, then whats thier to complain about?

there is plenty that i see others complain about as is.. like braindead mixups, and mixup tools that are close to unreadable.... which makes me believe that all will always complain untill all characters are close to nothing..

but this whole 4 characters get it all is an abomination to this game.. rise the rest or normalize them all

John the Savage

"Safeties disabled, combat mode engaged."
Only thing I'd change is make is sky drops hit box better and give you control over which side like mk9.

The new netcode will be nerf enough for him because it will make his hard to blockables fine online. He needs a relentless offense when all it takes is knocking him on his ass once to beat him.

Never seen so much downplaying and up playing at the same time for a character.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Did you know that his NJP is 5 frames only when he is IN THE AIR!??? That means that you have to get airborne first. In MKX to get airborne vertically (to neutral jump) it takes more than 1 frame. Can't say for sure how many but it is 2-3 frames. So the Instant Air NJP has 7-8 frames start up if you execute it frame perfect.
No shit, still beats absolutely every normal in the game with absolute ease after a D1 though so what is your point?

Need for it STRYKIE? You're the main person I like from this community and even you are going to troll me wih memes over saying it was safe? It's like -9 and it is safe from the right here, sure it's not safe in this context but it was like 4 am when I said that and I was tired and somebody already pointed out the MINOR mistake, you guys really will jump on even the tiniest chance to be a jackass in here. Enjoy your technicality, the rest of what I said is rig making the rest of what you guys are saying incorrect, I don't see you quoting them and being a twat though.

God , this characters community man. Damn. You guys really live up to your rep huh.

No shit, still beats absolutely every normal in the game with absolute ease after a D1 though so what is your point?

Need for it STRYKIE? You're the main person I like from this community and even you are going to troll me wih memes over saying it was safe? It's like -9 and it is safe from the right here, sure it's not safe in this context but it was like 4 am when I said that and I was tired and somebody already pointed out the MINOR mistake, you guys really will jump on even the tiniest chance to be a jackass in here. Enjoy your technicality, the rest of what I said is rig making the rest of what you guys are saying incorrect, I don't see you quoting them and being a twat though.

God , this characters community man. Damn. You guys really live up to your rep huh.
My point is that it isn't a 5 frame move on the ground, which you were implying.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!

Nothing personal. Believe me, if I was aiming to be condescending I could've posted something faaaar more malicious lol.

But the in-game numbers are wrong, Quan's NJP on block if done instantly is AT LEAST -20. I would've thought this was fairly thoroughly known by now.

God Confirm

My point is that it isn't a 5 frame move on the ground, which you were implying.

No, it's not what I was implying, in any way, shape, or form. I said it was a 5 frame NJP which it is. Factoring in the jump time, this is easily fast enough to beat every other normal in the game.

What you are arguing is something I didn't say, nor imply, and that your focus is on something so irrelevant and trying to find a technicality in the wording just shows you have nothing to counter my actual factual terrordactyl points coming at you

Nothing personal. Believe me, if I was aiming to be condescending I could've posted something faaaar more malicious lol.

But the in-game numbers are wrong, Quan's NJP on block if done instantly is AT LEAST -20. I would've thought this was fairly thoroughly known by now.
Ty, ty, didn't know that and I mained Warlock for almost two months lol, so thanks for the knowledge. And NP, I automatically assume someone is trying to make a fool out of me when I see a meme, no hard feelings at all.

Edit: mained not mailed

Last edited:

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
No, it's not what I was implying, in any way, shape, or form. I said it was a 5 frame NJP which it is. Factoring in the jump time, this is easily fast enough to beat every other normal in the game.

What you are arguing is something I didn't say, nor imply, and that your focus is on something so irrelevant and trying to find a technicality in the wording just shows you have nothing to counter my actual factual terrordactyl points coming at you

Ty, ty, didn't know that and I mained Warlock for almost two months lol, so thanks for the knowledge. And NP, I automatically assume someone is trying to make a fool out of me when I see a meme, no hard feelings at all.
You "mailed" Warlock? Okay that one might actually warrant some memes :DOGE

Azmodeus

The harder I work, the luckier I get
I don't understand how it will kill his zoning. The projectile is safe on block, and has to be blocked low, meaning that opponents will still have to pay attention. You're still safe at point blank range too. Your d1 will come out in 7 frames instead of 6, which would beat lots of character's pokes. Full screen it's still a solid option. You should still be able to set up spells/bats on knock downs (like in Ketchup's Sorcerer guide). You still have air skulls, regular skulls, a great d2 and njp. Quan can still control space everywhere on the screen, and he'll still be able to do his hard to blockable, he just won't be able to loop it. So how is his zoning dead?
His zoning relied on jailing opponents using the rune, and using the plus frames from the rune to get another bat or throw another rune. That was the meta. As for the rune being -1, that means that if we do try to check with a d1, we can get blown up with armor, or if we are even a couple frames off, they can backdash out. Spells will still come out, but the chip spell is almost worthless now that the most guaranteed chip quan can get is one ex rune. Quan can still control space, but now all of his options have huge holes in them.

Edit: mained not mailed
I don't see why any of your factual points were coming at me, as I wasn't even arguing with you about Quan's options after d1. You said nothing about jump time, you said:
....He has a 5 frame NjP that's a safe launching mid that beats absolutely every non-launching button in the game if it doesn't have armor...
And you meant it as an option after d1, because you said "beats every non-launching button in the game". That just caught my attention, because after d1 you have to jump in order to do a NJP, so it isn't a 5 frame launching mid after d1. But it is a 5 frame jumping attack while airborne - there is a difference. And it is completely unsafe if done as IANJP.
I wasn't arguing any of your points. Because I am not even interested in discussing Quan's problems anymore, was just trying to make sure everyone knows that there is no 5 frame option for Quan if he is standing on the ground.

God Confirm

I don't see why any of your factual points were coming at me, as I wasn't even arguing with you about Quan's options after d1. You said nothing about jump time, you said:
....He has a 5 frame NjP that's a safe launching mid that beats absolutely every non-launching button in the game if it doesn't have armor...
And you meant it as an option after d1, because you said "beats every non-launching button in the game". That just caught my attention, because after d1 you have to jump in order to do a NJP, so it isn't a 5 frame launching mid after d1. But it is a 5 frame jumping attack while airborne - there is a difference. And it is completely unsafe if done as IANJP.
I wasn't arguing any of your points. Because I am not even interested in discussing Quan's problems anymore, was just trying to make sure everyone knows that there is no 5 frame option for Quan if he is standing on the ground.
Ok well whatever the hell it is you are going on about, it's extremely common knowledge that you add about 2 frames to the start up of any NjP

Should I have said 7 frame NjP? What is it that you want from me here, the statement is still exactly the same either way

Summoner needs no improvements. Hell there's a rumor that Summoner will no longer be able to summom the bat while in trance which will kill the variation IMO.

I find the hypocrisy in this community to be unbearable. So many of you players cry about nerfs and how much you want a balanced game. Yet, revel in the process of your character getting buffed to the point of broken.

Give EX trance armor so Quan can react to projectiles and trade.

Also give B3 a little more range so it can actually reach the opponent off of jump ins.

He doesn't need anymore then that
Dawg! I've been telling the guys that for months! I will literally jack-off to the patch notes if he got that.

On a serious note, I hope all Quan players don't drop him just because he gets normalized. I will play this character to the end of the games cycle. Its just going to take more thinking and reads to be successful with him. GOD forbid you have to utilize your brain while playing this game aside from running in and mashing buttons as well as cheap bs to make it easier. Good players don't need training wheels, they need competition.

On a serious note, I hope all Quan players don't drop him just because he gets normalized. I will play this character until the end of the games cycle. Its just going to take more thinking and reads to be successful with him. GOD forbid you have to utilize your brain while playing this game aside from running in and mashing buttons as well as cheap bs to make it easier. Good players don't need training wheels, they need competition.