What's new

Question - Summoner What improvements would you like to see with summoner for kp2?

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
at least make his mb rune +7 or +8 on block, not -1. being +7 would create a situation where the opponent could back dash or armor afterwards, but would stll have to be careful of quan jailing into d1.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Quan play

Characters with 6 frame pokes

Ermac
Scorp
Kotal
Goro
Shinnok
F/T

All are winning match ups for Quan to the point that even if he had no D1 he'd still be winning lol. You understand his defense is MEANT to be a hole in his game right, and that hole does not even come close to making up for his weakness at the moment? But regardless, I think we can rule out F/T, Ermac, and Goro as match ups where he is under high pressure, the speed of the poke makes no difference against Scorp pressure Shinnok ehhhhh maybe, Kotal is probably the only one.

Wasn't the reason for him getting a 6 frame poke solely to get out of LK pressure anyway? This DOES that, LK's fastest mid is 9f you have 12f to work with you are officially out

Also, your "facts" are just flat wrong. No, your opponent CANNOT AA an NjP you with any normal or anything other than armour, \which would be on a hard-read because it happens in like 7 frames flat. If your throws are easy to read and tech its YOUR fault especially if you are in the corner - you aren't meant to swap the freaking corner off this D1 lol the point of it is to get out of pressure, throw them fullscreen instead, if you want actual plus frames or a 50/50, you have to use his D3 which is 9f, +15 on hit and only -1 on block.

It's not meant to guarantee a 50/50 and it does it's role very well, I play a shitload of Quan before you call me some downplayer, you have to understand that your character has to have SOME limitations to make up for his relatively unlimited offense, this is one of them and it doesn't even come close to balancing out what he gets to make up for it.
Dude you're totally missing my argument. All im saying is his D1 is shit. F/T owns him up btw, locks him down in the corner hard. I also never said NJP, i just said jump.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Dude you're totally missing my argument. All im saying is his D1 is shit. F/T owns him up btw, locks him down in the corner hard. I also never said NJP, i just said jump.
My bad, I admit I haven't been reading all the past pages, but it certainly looks like that wasn't where you argument ended. We both agree his D1 is one of the crappier D1's in the game, however on Quan it's also a super valuable tool and shouldn't be overlooked. Also, it certainly doesn't do "nothing" as you guys are claiming and +3 it is YOUR turn. Also I don't know why you would expect to get out of pressure by just doing a random jump and not using the 5 frame NJP but whatever.

My bad, I admit I haven't been reading all the past pages, but it certainly looks like that wasn't where you argument ended. We both agree his D1 is one of the crappier D1's in the game, however on Quan it's also a super valuable tool and shouldn't be overlooked. Also, it certainly doesn't do "nothing" as you guys are claiming and +3 it is YOUR turn. Also I don't know why you would expect to get out of pressure by just doing a random jump and not using the 5 frame NJP but whatever.
You have to guess weather if he is going to armor or backdash when you land the hit thats the issue

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
As unhappy as I am with MB Rune changes and it's implications for Sorcerer and Warlock, we'll figure it out.

For all we know, other characters will lose some of their + frames on MB Specials.

Summoner was fucked and needed changes. I don't think anyone can disagree, I just wish they would have implemented better ones, OR....

Apply these changes before now, instead of giving the character buffs.

As unhappy as I am with MB Rune changes and it's implications for Sorcerer and Warlock, we'll figure it out.

For all we know, other characters will lose some of their + frames on MB Specials.

Summoner was fucked and needed changes. I don't think anyone can disagree, I just wish they would have implemented better ones, OR....

Apply these changes before now, instead of giving the character buffs.
Is the mb change confirmed ?

Is the mb change confirmed ?
Nothing's confirmed. The same guy who said ex rune becomes -1 also said that: "If Quan tries to summon bat on tranced opponent, the combo will drop leaving them in a neutral standing position".
I have no idea how this hasn't caught anyone's attention, if ex rune -1 is a somewhat plausible change that NRS would implement, the thing with puggles in trance renders him pretty much useless. Why would this variation be called summoner if u can't use the bat in trance nor zoning (with a -1 rune). There's a select few situations where u can summon him safely, if that's the case.
I find the bat change incredibly hard to believe, so that's why these nerfs should be considered rumours for the time being, until we see them officially put into the game.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Please ffs, people are still feeding this shit?Dink, I'll give it to you that you can produce the maximum amount of salt from this site, but please man.

STTTAHHHHPPP.

God Confirm

uhm what? Please tell me characters where there 6f poke doesn't gurantee something on hit.
Oh, if this is what you are saying than I misunderstood. But to answer the question if you are actually wondering, Goro's doesn't guarantee anything, and also all the rest have a 1 at best 2 frame window to connect something other than Kotal's, making backdashing super viable against all of them.

Nortnauq

QUAN CHI FOR DLC
Nothing's confirmed. The same guy who said ex rune becomes -1 also said that: "If Quan tries to summon bat on tranced opponent, the combo will drop leaving them in a neutral standing position".
I have no idea how this hasn't caught anyone's attention, if ex rune -1 is a somewhat plausible change that NRS would implement, the thing with puggles in trance renders him pretty much useless. Why would this variation be called summoner if u can't use the bat in trance nor zoning (with a -1 rune). There's a select few situations where u can summon him safely, if that's the case.
I find the bat change incredibly hard to believe, so that's why these nerfs should be considered rumours for the time being, until we see them officially put into the game.
like we've said before, Summoner wont be, "dead" with these nerfs.
I'll always play Summoner simply for the fact that he's glass cannon.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Jump comment was in reply to wisemonkey saying you could jump after a d1

God Confirm

Jump comment was in reply to wisemonkey saying you could jump after a d1
Well... you can? He has a 5 frame NjP that's a safe launching mid that beats absolutely every non-launching button in the game if it doesn't have armor.

If you aren't in the corner you also jump back pretty safely and cover a lot of ground with his BjP against any attempt to advancing aa, as well as his Air Skull, and you also got air armor which actually beats a lot of specific advancings

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
will leave is pretty much
Well... you can? He has a 5 frame NjP that's a safe launching mid that beats absolutely every non-launching button in the game if it doesn't have armor.

If you aren't in the corner you also jump back pretty safely and cover a lot of ground with his BjP against any attempt to advancing aa, as well as his Air Skull, and you also got air armor which actually beats a lot of specific advancings
The 5 frame neutral jump isn't safe. It's easy to punish

I agree it is an option though

Did you know that his NJP is 5 frames only when he is IN THE AIR!??? That means that you have to get airborne first. In MKX to get airborne vertically (to neutral jump) it takes more than 1 frame. Can't say for sure how many but it is 2-3 frames. So the Instant Air NJP has 7-8 frames start up if you execute it frame perfect.