What's new

What "dont" you like about the game so far?

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
What don't I like?

hmm...

1. The lack of an actual practice mode. I just want to go in and be able to practice all this awkward feeling stuff where I don't have to worry about a 90 second time limit or messing up my combos... I could get used to strings and such fast if I could just hit back/select and start over once I fuck up.

2. The pokes... I feel like I just can't poke in this game. Obviously it's b/c I've only played MK... but it sucks that not everyone has a D3 that's a kick (I'm looking at you and your horrible D3 batman) and a D1 that's a punch.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Focus attack dash cancel. It's a SFIV tactic where you do a block string and dash cancel a focus attack for two bars of meter. It's mainly used for continuing pressure/mix ups and extending combos.
Can you do that in this?

If so, teach me how? lol

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Not every fighting game has dash canceling and not every fighting game has a block button. This just happens to be one of those games. I know it may be hard for some to adjust, but instead of complaining, learn to adapt.
No offense to khaotik here or anyone that has said this... I've just seen it enough times now that I got annoyed lol.

So,

Obviously people who've only played MK or MK style games are going to complain about this... so how about instead of laughing, complaining about them complaining, or just saying "learn to adapt". How about you guys that have played games where these mechanics are in place help explain and level up those in the community who are having problems with it?

For example, I'd like to know how to get in with a poke to start my own pressure... but right now I can't b/c I'm used to dashing in and poking. This game doesn't allow me to do that... so, what exactly do I do here?

Someone who's played SF or whatever care to explain?

That said, tell me to adapt and troll me for being a scrub all you want. Carry on.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
For example, I'd like to know how to get in with a poke to start my own pressure... but right now I can't b/c I'm used to dashing in and poking. This game doesn't allow me to do that... so, what exactly do I do here?
The thing is, every time someone explains this, no one listens -- it's like there's a filter for the truth. It's been laid out 2 or 3 times in this thread already.

Alcarion

Gym rat
So far music seems to be almost non existent... Hopefully the full game will have some sick OST's i love fighting games with great soundtracks a la Guilty Gear. And that announcer sucks big time my friend and i couldn't stop laughing at his voice. Didn't expect Shaoh Khan but still....

RYX

BIG PUSHER
So far music seems to be almost non existent... Hopefully the full game will have some sick OST's i love fighting games with great soundtracks a la Guilty Gear. And that announcer sucks big time my friend and i couldn't stop laughing at his voice. Didn't expect Shaoh Khan but still....
..his?

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
The dash thing is the first thing I noticed and disliked about the game, but I didn't expect others to have the same complaint, which is why I kept shut. lol.

Honestly, I don't know how to get in on opponents in this game. I only have "MK fundamentals," so I dunno wtf to do when there is no D4, D3, deep jump kicks, or advancing moves done off of dashes. I'm so confused. Are jumping and walking the only viable ways to initiate an attack? ;_;

I'm in the exact same boat man... still looking for an explanation of what exactly I should be doing. Haven't seen it yet. lol

its almost like a hit box problem, you don't have to time b3 at all and the jumping 3 or whatever you follow up you want almost comes naturally. The z bounce moves (at least WWs) comes out on some akward delay that never hits right on b113, and when they come back I always drop it.

You know I don't think I checked to see if its any different in sword stance. b+1 has a huge box on it.

What's a Z bounce? Explain please? :)

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Anyone else feel they have to dial combo strings a lot faster now? By the time my character is doing the second hit of a string hit string, i'm pretty much done inputting the combo. I really hate it when fighters do this. I want the animation of my character to go with what I press. If I don't press the combo strings quick enough, my character will just throw a normal and just stand there awkwardly.

Hope they fix the timing to the inputs.
yea i noticed this aswell,
you really have to dial stuff i fast making hitconfirms pretty rough.
ive just been using lex so maybe it hard with what normal im trying to cancel or something,but then again demo build so its hard to tell.

tebnu

im looking for gamers in my city
I don't like the point that wonder woman has a combo that starts with( Back, X,X, A)....After that, I would input (Down, back, A) for a spin that would bounce the opponent even higher in the air so i can input an (Back A),which is the ground pop up which i finish up with other things.My point is is that if you guys would go in for yourselves to try this you'll see that this combo only works on batman and wonder woman.Someone try to help me solve this problem.why wont it work on Lex Luther?Is It because he's to big?who should i contact about this problem?I would hate to only be able to do my combos on certain characters and i would hate to have to drop her cause of this so could someone leave some info please

RossSaiohken

Edward of the Storm Lands.
I've not read everything, 'cause I didn't want to read 7 pages of complaints about dash cancelling.

I'm new to fighting games so forgive me if any of this sounds 'noobish'. My experience in fighting games has basically been: Use the "Get over here!" move with Scorpion on MK. And do a light, medium, heavy combo on MvC3. Injustice is really the first fighting game I'm seriously trying to get into, so everything is 'new' to me.

I only have two complaints about the game.

1. I tried jumping over Lex, while playing as Lex and couldn't. Admittedly, I only tried a few times but I genuinely couldn't get over him. I dunno whether I just wasn't getting the distance right or something but I'll try again later. (Probably not a big deal since I am fairly certain its something I'm doing wrong, rather than a fault with the game.)

2. Although its too early to say for certain, I'm disappointed with the Clash conversations. I'd love to see more unique dialogue. For example, between Bats and Supes:

"Don't make me do this Bruce!"
"I'm not afraid of you Clark!"

Since it is too early, I'm not sure whether certain characters will have more specific conversations but from what I've seen so far, Lex, Bats and WW's conversations just seem WAY too generic.

tebnu

im looking for gamers in my city
I'm in the exact same boat man... still looking for an explanation of what exactly I should be doing. Haven't seen it yet. lol

What's a Z bounce? Explain please? :)
Check out my comment.Im complaining about the spin not being able to coonect after the b113 on lex luther but it will connect on batman and wonder woman.who should we contact about this?

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Check out my comment.Im complaining about the spin not being able to coonect after the b113 on lex luther but it will connect on batman and wonder woman.who should we contact about this?
Lol, I wasn't talking about that.

That has to due with certain characters hitboxes.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Yes its very hard. I made really good reads and went to whiff punish with WW and the comp was still able to recover and combo me or poke me before I did it. Maybe the opponent whiffed moves recovers faster than whiff moves in MK. I really hope that not the case though. If it is than shitty players can throw stuff out for free and not worry about getting whiff punshed :/
To be fair we've only had the demo for 2 days now. You can't expect to be on point from day 1 now can you?

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Isn't it weird how smart/good the AI is? They don't play like dumb ass robots, they play more like a player. I've almost NEVER watched the AI to learn anything important, but the AI in Injustice is actually teaching me shit. Whoever did the AI in this game needs a big fucking delicious homemade chocolate chip cookie!
I didn't have a ton to do with it besides giving (or forcing) my opinions on some things or fixing bug. But I agree some pretty fucking awesome AI work was done here. The main programmers involved with it, Jay Biondo and Eric Azevedo along with designers Eddie Ferrier and Mike Portillo (ZuggZugg) did some pretty innovating shit and deserve props. Also after the game is out and you get to check it out, you can send a cake to Tony Smith and Alexander Barrentine (the programmers involved with training mode).

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
1) The walk speed blows & the dashes take too long

2) The fact that people can combo off of d1. I don't think that this concept should be ditched completely, but imo the fact that you could be spending half the match trying to get in on a zoner, and then you finally get in and he blows you up with a 30% combo off a 6 frame launcher and sends you fullscreen again is complete horseshit. It's basically Kabal all over again. If everyone except heavy zoners were able to combo off d1 that's fine, but otherwise it seems pretty retarded.

3) This is a small complaint only based on 3 characters so far, but I miss the swag combos in MK. I liked having the character teleporting & divekicking all over the screen. In Injustice it seems like the basic combo theme is pop combo into b3/f3 into juggle into another juggle~special. Batman's combos are cool, but everyone else's seem a bit bland.

4) Put a 3 second window after the match ends so we can teabag after the victory. I miss swagging on my opponent after I win.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I don't mind back to block but with this game it just feels... Off. Does anyone else have that feel?

what does "hit confirm your combos" mean??
It's when doing a combo, determing if it's hit or not, usually because the follow up is punishable on block. Like, let's use Lex's 112. Before the last hit, you can tell after the first two if they're blocking or not, so if it hits you follow up with charge or his gravity pull. :)