What's new

What "dont" you like about the game so far?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Tell me what move is good to get in on someone with batman?
He has glides and b23 spaces him perfectly for mindgames.. If you're trying to play him like Johnny Cage, I don't think that's how he was meant to be used. You can use his zoning and bats and dash in when you get a connect, just like you can with Catwoman's whip.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
He has glides and b23 spaces him perfectly for mindgames.. If you're trying to play him like Johnny Cage, I don't think that's how he was meant to be used. You can use his zoning and bats and dash in when you get a connect.
I'm not trying to play him like cage. Using glides can get you blown up if they aren't cross up mixups by characters like lex luthor. B23 spaces you out yea but I'm talking about normals and stuff that can be used for a footsie tool. I'm trying not to rely on his bats 100% just incase traits aren't gonna be in tournament.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I'm not trying to play him like cage. Using glides can get you blown up if they aren't cross up mixups by characters like lex luthor. B23 spaces you out yea but I'm talking about normals and stuff that can be used for a footsie tool. I'm trying not to rely on his bats 100% just incase traits aren't gonna be in tournament.
Did you try b3? If you're not up close then you won't have to worry about being poked out of it, and it has advantage on block.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
It seems like his whole gameplan revolves around bats. I don't see why not back off for 3 seconds while you get a bat recharged, him being subpar without bats wouldnt be that big of issue IMO. If they get scared of when you have bats active they will start taking risks to get in on you while your bats are recharging.

Do you mean you think the bats will be nerfed? There is no option to disable that button, so they can't be banned for tournaments.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Also, Curbo, 12 advances (the 2nd hit reminds me of some of Liu Kang's normals that jut out and catch you in footsies) and is currently plus on block. And the 2 looks like it lowers your hitbox, so it might go under some attacks -- will have to test that though.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Main complaint?Lack of Superman....
Yep well I can see the complaints here and I agree but well it is what it is....Unless we can get some petition running.

LEGEND

YES!
really the only things i don't like air the lack of good AAs and the way D1s are

not too worried cause i know other characters do have solid AAs and the properties of D1s can be tweaked
-
And about AAs, has anyone tried out WW's lasso spin and Batman's Robo bat spin?
Lex should be good on AAs with his U3 and JI3

the walk speed is slightly slow and a lot of the noramls are bizarre in the footsie game... we'll see how the footsie game develops but too man jumping is encouraged for characters like batman... and he doesn't having good advancing normals or pokes (outside of f3/b3)

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Also, Curbo, 12 advances (the 2nd hit reminds me of some of Liu Kang's normals that jut out and catch you in footsies) and is currently plus on block. And the 2 looks like it lowers your hitbox, so it might go under some attacks -- will have to test that though.
Its ok. I've played around with it and sometimes if you go for a followup you can't get anything because of the distancing it has. If you do b23 after a 12 they can jump on top of you and combo you before you roll backwards.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Lex has a shield, WW has a spin, Batman CAN have a spin. Aren't those good for stuffing air attacks/beating them out? We all need to play some mk 1 and 2 to practice playing without a dash. :p

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
The first 10 minutes I played the demo I HATED the movement/dashing. But then realized its a completely new game and starting watching how the AI moved. Its pretty fun, all the special moves and strings seem solid. Its just getting used to the movement. Kinda reminds me of Eternal Champions (which is a good thing).

Ca$hFlagg

Online » Offline
I got a chance to play the demo late last night and tonight. I was pleased with the frame data info in the move list. Comboing seemed easy to me but I felt a little sadness in my heart for TylerLantern and TONY-T. There isn't a lot of wiggle room. I think it's fine. It let me find my combos and move on instead of wondering if I can get a dash d+1 in there for .03% more dmg. The combo either works or it doesn't.

I haven't gotten caught up on the meta game in the demo. Not worth the time to speculate. Truth is, I feel we should lose the "sky is falling" mentality and enjoy what we have. An old n' busted demo.

Some people need to take a breath. This isn't the finished game. Its a promotional item to boost sales. I'm sure we can all agree with that.

That being said..FUCK demo Doomsday and his NBA JAM comeback factor.
"He's on fire!"

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
really the only things i don't like air the lack of good AAs and the way D1s are

not too worried cause i know other characters do have solid AAs and the properties of D1s can be tweaked
-
And about AAs, has anyone tried out WW's lasso spin and Batman's Robo bat spin?
Lex should be good on AAs with his U3 and JI3
Bat Spin seems OK from decently far ranged (but at that range its probably better to just do bats anyways)

If they jump sweep distance or so and the jump attack is going to hit your head area there is no chance the bat spin will beat it. It doesn't seem like batman has anything to protect this area against good jump-ins except jumping himself

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Now me personally im liking the demo,,, and understand it takes adjusting, im mainly a MK and TTT2 player

but was releasing this demo a good idea cause reading on other sites majority its not doing too good, popular words "Clunky" and "Stiff" but then again MK's word hit them words too and it won FOTY ,,, i like it, its NRS style requires more timing and think moves, rather hitting 1 frame lows constantly

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
too early to complain about something ..... the game, final build release, has to come out, and so, after hours of gameplay, acquiring some decent level of experience with the game mechanic, so, I can judge better what could possible be "on" and what might be "off" regarding this game :p

anyway, people have to be realistic and see that NRS never had intention to make IGAU alike with MK9 .... in fact, they are trying to make IGAU as a separated fg franchise that gonna growp up by its own, and having its own particularities .... this way, they started and developed the IGAU project, trying to focus in something different, but, not ultra hard to learning, just ..... not cloning MK9 :cool:

MK9 exclusive or most used players, sure will have to have patient and spend time with trainning, in order to adapt and creat a natural "muscle memory" for this game, and , try to play for what it is , so, complains and worries at this point, having a sample of gameplay through this demo, are perfect understandable and pretty normal ;)

I think overall, MK9 community will learn to love this game along the time, because it (IGAU) has a lot of potential to be the next big thing regarding competitive scene, hehe :D

LEGEND

YES!
Bat Spin seems OK from decently far ranged (but at that range its probably better to just do bats anyways)

If they jump sweep distance or so and the jump attack is going to hit your head area there is no chance the bat spin will beat it. It doesn't seem like batman has anything to protect this area against good jump-ins except jumping himself
i've been working with 3-Ex Grapple as AA with some success. Its weird though, sometimes it just extends my hurtbox and i get comboed anyway

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The first 10 minutes I played the demo I HATED the movement/dashing. But then realized its a completely new game and starting watching how the AI moved. Its pretty fun, all the special moves and strings seem solid. Its just getting used to the movement. Kinda reminds me of Eternal Champions (which is a good thing).
Isn't it weird how smart/good the AI is? They don't play like dumb ass robots, they play more like a player. I've almost NEVER watched the AI to learn anything important, but the AI in Injustice is actually teaching me shit. Whoever did the AI in this game needs a big fucking delicious homemade chocolate chip cookie!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Isn't it weird how smart/good the AI is? They don't play like dumb ass robots, they play more like a player. I've almost NEVER watched the AI to learn anything important, but the AI in Injustice is actually teaching me shit. Whoever did the AI in this game needs a big fucking delicious homemade chocolate chip cookie!
Yup, it's exactly how I was hoping they'd make the AI for this game -- they took patterns and setups from real players and programmed them in. It makes the AI a lot more fun to play against (even if those short-frame reactions and armors are still a little cheap). Some of the matches Rip had onstream looked like actual tourney/casual matches.

Espio

Kokomo
I just wish you could check out practice mode in the demo haha, not really a complaint though. That was one of the first things I looked for though.

I like that I don't feel right at home with the game still, I'm curious to break it down and explore it when it drops, I would play it more, but I'm not too interested in the playable characters.

It's a fun game though.

Anyone else think it's dumb that during the start up of the Clash animation sequence, it shows you exactly how much meter you and your opponent have to wager? Considering meter is something I think all players are always aware of, why would you ever not wager to win if you know you can't lose?