What's new

General/Other - Tremor Tremor General Discussion Thread

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I must be doing something wrong. I can't get it to work in any variation after any projectile. Nothing happens after the projectile.
I dunno. I haven't played it today, but it was working for me last night.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Cassie can techroll and GetawayFlip (not ex) and there goes the setup. Sub-Zero and Reptile can Slide, KL can just spin. No, wait, fuck it, every character can simply techroll and then Wakeup Backthrow. They'll eat the rocks, but the setup is over and Tremor can do nothing about it.

Yeah, it works. But honestly, there's no reason to use delayed wakeup against Tremor, so your opponent will be tech-rolling a lot, it's better to throw the rocks behind them every time.
To be honest if someone knows the match-up or catches on its not hard to bait it out and punish the roll-wake-up. If they go for it you don't really lose anything since it trades and they're still in the corner.

---

As someone who has mained Goro, Jacqui, and Kenshi(pre-patch) since day one I can't help but laugh when people say Tremor is "the worst" or "Abysmal".

Last edited:

Ravosa

Wild Card
Cassie can techroll and GetawayFlip (not ex) and there goes the setup. Sub-Zero and Reptile can Slide, KL can just spin. No, wait, fuck it, every character can simply techroll and then Wakeup Backthrow. They'll eat the rocks, but the setup is over and Tremor can do nothing about it.

Yeah, it works. But honestly, there's no reason to use delayed wakeup against Tremor, so your opponent will be tech-rolling a lot, it's better to throw the rocks behind them every time.
This is straight up false information. Find the video I posted a few pages back. The corner setup I used that ends in db3 is safe against reptiles ex slide even with a tech roll. Hit the lab brotha.

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
This is straight up false information. Find the video I posted a few pages back. The corner setup I used that ends in db3 is safe against reptiles ex slide even with a tech roll. Hit the lab brotha.
Fuck, didn't watch that one. lol Your setup is indeed legit, good stuff!

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Are you able to record it and upload it?
It does use stamina. I apologize for the misinformation. I was online and wasn't really focused on stamina management, so I should have shut up until I knew for sure.

I was using it last night to set up his standing 2 when they would jump in and I was getting decent damage for anti-air combos. Getting to 30% off of it is pretty easy. I was having easy success with Tremor and when I was hearing others think he's trash, I was trying to get them to play him like I was - since it was working - was fun - and didn't take a lot of practice.

I know that once players know the matchup, I had better be in his upper levels for damage consistently if I want to compete.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
All hits of Tremor's low string might be more than -11. Or Johnny's shadow kick is faster than 11 frames. When you look at the frame data, Tremor is -11 on the first 2 hits of his low string. The last hit is -18. But I thought just frame punishes weren't possible in MKx. If you can actually just frame punish then I apologize.

Last edited:

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
All hits of Tremor's low string might be more than -11. Or Johnny's shadow kick is faster than 11 frames. When you look at the frame data, Tremor is -11 on all 3 hits of his low string. But I thought just frame punishes weren't possible in MKx. If you can actually just frame punish then I apologize.
Reversal Special moves im pretty sure can just frame punish but not normals

Gamer68

Fujin!
In gold stance db1 becomes a projectile.
Yeah, ignore that comment. I was just watching a stream before he was out on PS4 and the streamer said something like "He doesn't really get anything in gold stance... I don't see the point in it". But yeah, after playing as him he does get multiple changes while in Gold Stance.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Reversal Special moves im pretty sure can just frame punish but not normals
I am under the impression that the opponent can block on frame -1.

Interesting thing. Canceling into rock punch can sometimes stuff Jacqui's 12f force rush armor move. I think it's a mix of Jacqui having a short amount of armor frames and using rock punch at a certain distance. Might be able to trick the 5 Jacqui players in the world.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
Cancelling Tremors (F121) / (B1/21 > D4 > U4) with DB1U w/ decent push back.
so with 21 > D4 > U4 > DB1U you get a 5 hit string sequence which can build meter and relatively safe. Magma and Aftershock only.

B1 > D4 > U4 > DB1U for footsie stuff you can just go throw out.

You can change just DB1 if you read a back dash. Haven't tested but it should have enough active frames to hit.

!IMPORTANT: So incase the opponent knows the matchup, they can dodge this by crouch blocking all the way if they are not using Jason, Kenshi, Cage, Kang, Ermac, Kotal or Raiden w/ (B1/22 > D4 > U4) string cancelled to DB1U but there is still Hope, because if they stand block the U4 of (B1/22 > D4 > U4) the DB1U will still hit whoever the character. even though the OH special is slow as sht, its enough reason to stand block after D4 of (B1/22 > D4 > U4). there is still the option of cancelling DB1 if the opponent catches on.

pros;
-cannot be ducked even though its a high
-builds meter
-gets 15 percent on hit
-can't poke out (atleast when I did tremor v tremor on practice w/ d1)

cons;
-can be armored through or backdash (similar to non EX hat for KL)

Crystalines has a big hole but the db1 is neutral, ex version is plus(hit confirmable) and can lead to 30%.
so you can get your opponent in the corner to do them corner stuff people posted.

Edit: in the corner if db1u hits. You can confirm and convert to 24% meterless i think w/ d1 then whichever followup you opt to e.g. Hkd dd4 ex setups or dd1 setups.

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Cancelling Tremors B1/22 > D4 > U4 with DB1U can make the move like -1/-2 with decent push back.
so with 22 > D4 > U4 > DB1U you get a 5 hit string sequence which can build meter and safe. Magma and Aftershock only.

pros;
-cannot be ducked even though its a high
-builds meter
-gets 15 percent on hit
-can't poke out (atleast when I did tremor v tremor on practice w/ d1)

cons;
-can be armored through or backdash (similar to non EX hat for KL)

Crystalines has a big hole but the db1 is neutral, ex version is plus(hit confirmable) and can lead to 30%.
so you can get your opponent in the corner to do them corner stuff people posted.
Just an fyi to people. Canceling into rock smash or rock punch creates an armor gap before the special.

infamy23

FireBeard
So we all know at this point that Tremor's frame data is messed up, but this error I found is pretty significant:

This applies to Crystalline only.

In-game frame data says:

DB1 (23 startup) (-12 on block) (29 on hit)
EXDB1 (23 startup) (-12 on block) (29 on hit)

Actual frame data is:

DB1 (28 startup) (+1 on block) (+11 on hit)
EXDB1 (28 startup) (+11 on block) (knockdown on hit)

So looks like Tremor can cancel into a special that is +11 on block.

Remind you of anyone?

So we all know at this point that Tremor's frame data is messed up, but this error I found is pretty significant:

This applies to Crystalline only.

In-game frame data says:

DB1 (23 startup) (-12 on block) (29 on hit)
EXDB1 (23 startup) (-12 on block) (29 on hit)

Actual frame data is:

DB1 (28 startup) (+1 on block) (+11 on hit)
EXDB1 (28 startup) (+11 on block) (knockdown on hit)

So looks like Tremor can cancel into a special that is +11 on block.

Remind you of anyone?
It looks like DB1D is also 0 on block and EX DB1D also very + on block same with EX DB1U

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
The only one with the gap is crystaline, also a side note: in gold skin of metallic db1u is not -6 more like -15, but is -6 if enhanced
Wow did not expect that. Well I guess we gotta through and test every special for every variation then? Is the frame data you guys are posting for Crystalline only?