What's new

General/Other - Tremor Tremor General Discussion Thread

Hmmm Midscreen u can cancel EX DB2 it into a Backdash(roll) and use it as a wakeup i could avoid lui kang's b12 armor breaker like that might have to look into this more. Basically an Armored backdash.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Hmmm Midscreen u can cancel EX DB2 it into a Backdash(roll) and use it as a wakeup i could avoid lui kang's b12 armor breaker like that might have to look into this more. Basically an Armored backdash.
Gotta say I'm not liking that. Tremor to me might turn out to be a midrange neutral character unless NRS makes him really offensive. Spending a bar and half stamina to get up sounds awful. Good to know though.

Lui Kang's b1 is that quick 2 hit normal correct?

Now I'm curious exactly how quick a 2 button string can be to beat out Tremor's armor moves. They seem slow enough on startup that quite a few things might interrupt.

Gotta say I'm not liking that. Tremor to me might turn out to be a midrange neutral character unless NRS makes him really offensive. Spending a bar and half stamina to get up sounds awful. Good to know though.
aper has a 14 frames
Lui Kang's b1 is that quick 2 hit normal correct?

Now I'm curious exactly how quick a 2 button string can be to beat out Tremor's armor moves. They seem slow enough on startup that quite a few things might interrupt.
Yep that b1

They have to change his framedata 40 frames high projectil is just not reasonal when someone like bonehshaper has a 14 frames projectile.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
ya, this can be done after a string to make some moves enemy armored moves wiff if they try and punish the gap, i was doing this against sub zeros frost bomb and was then able to run up and hit a f1 combo in the recovery frames

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Yep that b1

They have to change his framedata 40 frames high projectil is just not reasonal when someone like bonehshaper has a 14 frames projectile.
Oh yeah tremor is definitely getting some changes before september. Metallic is going to get better zoning which will probably make lava have a combo damage threat from afar, Crystal is going to get better normals, which coupled with the armor is going to be one heck of a rushdown monster once he gets going, and aftershock will just be fishing for that first knockdown once he has meter, might be a character who loses the first round just to win the whole thing because you're too scared to do anything.

Jax 11,12,23 JC 11 12 those type of fast strings will break it quite easily even tremors 12 will break the armor

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Backdashes on wake up are suppose to have invincibility right? Has anyone tested whether or not a raw backdash on wake up seems viable? I feel like Tremor is designed to have the best backdash in the game and slow armor would make his backdash is wake up when not cornered, I doubt he would have to flash parry and backdash on wake up too to get out safely but I haven't tested anything yet.

Even before the backdash? If so Tremor might actually need some help midscreen.
I meant those type strings break the armor if u just do bd2 as wakeup, If u do mb and Backdash u will eat at worst one hit and roll under the second hit of the string if the Ill upload a vid soon. its really helpful but sadly only midscreen

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
tremor's armor from db2 is almost as awful as it gets. Thankfully we have db1 which doesn't help much but also has a hit of armor, a reversal for a punish :p
That actually might be really crazy. In crystalline he could get combos through gaps and baits and lava gets however plus while leaving the opponent standing.

I meant those type strings break the armor if u just do bd2 as wakeup, If u do mb and Backdash u will eat at worst one hit and roll under the second hit of the string if the Ill upload a vid soon. its really helpful but sadly only midscreen
Ah ok. Someone brought up just using the invincibility and lowness of the backdash. Is that a good wakeup option?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
tremor's armor from db2 is almost as awful as it gets. Thankfully we have db1 which doesn't help much but also has a hit of armor, a reversal for a punish :p
I agree, though I do use exdb2d/u to armor through things agaisnt characters who don't have any good fast two hitting options or if I know the opponent either won't or can't do any fast two hitting attacks, or if I know the gaps in the strings/pressure they're doing will allow me.

Outside of that for armored retaliation db1 is the best bet.

Ah ok. Someone brought up just using the invincibility and lowness of the backdash. Is that a good wakeup option?
sometimes it helps when ur opponent isn't close enough to catch u rolling But since i dont need meter other than for DB1D +11 pressure or Garanteed Oki damage ,ive beeing armor rolling lol.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
Cancelling Tremors (f121) / (B1/21 > D4 > U4) with DB1U can make the move like -1/-2 with decent push back.
so with 22 > D4 > U4 > DB1U you get a 5 hit string sequence which can build meter and safe. Magma and Aftershock only.

B1 > D4 > U4 > DB1U for footsie stuff you can just go throw out.

You can change just DB1 if you read a back dash. Haven't tested but it should have enough active frames to hit.

!IMPORTANT: So incase the opponent knows the matchup, they can dodge this by crouch blocking all the way if they are not using Jason, Kenshi, Cage, Kang, Ermac, Kotal or Raiden w/ (B1/21 > D4 > U4) string cancelled to DB1U but there is still Hope, because if they stand block the U4 of (B1/21 > D4 > U4) the DB1U will still hit whoever the character. even though the OH special is slow as sht, its enough reason to stand block after D4 of (B1/21 > D4 > U4). there is still the option of cancelling DB1 if the opponent catches on.

pros;
-cannot be ducked even though its a high
-builds meter
-gets 15 percent on hit
-can't poke out (atleast when I did tremor v tremor on practice w/ d1)

cons;
-can be armored through or backdash (similar to non EX hat for KL)

Crystalines has a big hole but the db1 is neutral, ex version is plus(hit confirmable) and can lead to 30%.
so you can get your opponent in the corner to do them corner stuff people posted.

Edit: in the corner if db1u hits. You can confirm and convert to 24% meterless i think w/ d1 then whichever followup you opt to e.g. Hkd dd4 ex setups or dd1 setups.
update

Last edited:

CubaKahn

Noob
So basically one, if not the most, anticipated characters is trash. great.
Not necessarily. Half of us are hoping to figure out enough dirt with him that it makes up for his glaring weaknesses. The other half is convinced his frame data is nonsensical, a shameless attempt by NRS to release him close to EVO and that he will be patched out of this "Beta phase". Either way there should be better days ahead for this character.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
sometimes it helps when ur opponent isn't close enough to catch u rolling But since i dont need meter other than for DB1D +11 pressure or Garanteed Oki damage ,ive beeing armor rolling lol.

The DB1D +11 pressure only applies to Crystal right? But the other two variations don't have gaps before the cancel?

The DB1D +11 pressure only applies to Crystal right? But the other two variations don't have gaps before the cancel?
yes only in crsytal the other don't have gaps with certain strings ( B1/22 D4 U4 and f121) and lava and in afterschock db1u is neutral or +1

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
yes only in crsytal the other don't have gaps with certain strings ( B1/22 D4 U4 and f121) and lava and in afterschock db1u is neutral or +1
Does the frame data list state different frames for crystalline and metallic? Or did you have to test that out?

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
UNIVERSAL ANTI (nor amored)WAKE UPS
f121xxdb3 works if your opponent wakes up with something without armor, wake ups, jump in, etc... he will eat the overhead and opens a little combo midscreen with the dd4, but it also works in the corner for a big combo.
It works for all variations but the lava one in metallic is better so you can run and combo even midscreen