What's new

General/Other - Tremor Tremor General Discussion Thread

SaJa

FH_FenriR
UNIVERSAL ANTI (nor amored)WAKE UPS

f121xxdb3 works if your opponent wakes up with something without armor, wake ups, jump in, etc... he will eat the overhead and opens a little combo midscreen with the dd4, but it also works in the corner for a big combo.
It works for all variations but the lava one in metallic is better so you can run and combo even midscreen
They'll never wakeup without armor !

But it's still great!

Something interesting I found. In corner if you end you combo with DB2 and you do DB3 afterwards it will catch an opponent regardless of if they do normal wakeup or techroll. I haven't tested on all armored wakeups, but on fast reversals like reptiles ex slide you can only armor break on the tech roll, but slightly slower ones like LK's dragon kick you can armor break both normal and tech roll wakeup reversals.

Also ex DD4 is always guaranteed if a combo ends with a DB2, which means tremor has access to 40%+ combos constantly.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Everybody playing tremor finally gets a taste of what Takeda players have had since day 1. Do yourself a favor and look at Takedas frame data. Then try to find an armor move that you can wake up with without the lamest two hit strings blowing it up because it's so fucking slow.
EX stone punch then backdash seems to work decently, and EX db1 cancel might work, too.

SOLEdier

IHideBehindIceClones
Everybody playing tremor finally gets a taste of what Takeda players have had since day 1. Do yourself a favor and look at Takedas frame data. Then try to find an armor move that you can wake up with without the lamest two hit strings blowing it up because it's so fucking slow.
I know EXACTLY this feeling. I gained Takeda since day 1 and after playing Tremor for the past few days and wanting to main him and drop Takeda, I see that these 2 characters are pretty similar in terms of how fast or slow each other are. I know Tremor has more tools to work with that I like, but I do not know yet if that is enough for me to fully drop Takeda.

The armor on DB2d is too slow to even work on wake up. The only thing I been able to work is DB1, even still it gets beat sometimes. I am surprised NRS did not make him at least very good from the start. I guess he still moves like a rock.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Something interesting I found. In corner if you end you combo with DB2 and you do DB3 afterwards it will catch an opponent regardless of if they do normal wakeup or techroll. I haven't tested on all armored wakeups, but on fast reversals like reptiles ex slide you can only armor break on the tech roll, but slightly slower ones like LK's dragon kick you can armor break both normal and tech roll wakeup reversals.

Also ex DD4 is always guaranteed if a combo ends with a DB2, which means tremor has access to 40%+ combos constantly.
Not in lava stance, more reason to never use lava stance.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
So I'm making a video(I don't know what to call it, I mean it's mostly combos and tactics or whateverthefuck, but It's more like me just dicking around in the lab and slapping the results together, if anything). Bit of potentially old stuff, a bit of new stuff(I think).

Boy is f3 like one of the best normal combo extenders in the game. Does a respectable amount of damage, is only one hit, is cancelable, and pops up so high you can land multiple in a single combo. Basically it does what a lot of people have been using the much weaker b2 for, not to say b2 isn't an amazing combo tool itself, it's faster and has a lot more vertical reach so it wins out in quite a few situations.

Also ending corner combos with F2 is the trolliest shit ever. Who says it's useless? It's a hard knockdown(I think?) and it does good damage, it's better than useless, it's still pretty garbage though...

Here's a bit:

---

Once Tremor gets you into the corner, I guess you could say...

You're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Last edited:

NapalmCL

Professional training dummy
So I'm making a video(I don't know what to call it, I mean it's mostly combos and tactics or whateverthefuck, but It's more like me just dicking around in the lab and slapping the results together, if anything). Bit of potentially old stuff, a bit of new stuff(I think).

Boy is f3 like one of the best normal combo extenders in the game. Does a respectable amount of damage, is only one hit, is cancelable, and pops up so high you can land multiple in a single combo. Basically it does what a lot of people have been using the much weaker b2 for, not to say b2 isn't an amazing combo tool itself, it's faster and has a lot more vertical reach so it wins out in quite a few situations.

Also ending corner combos with F2 is the trolliest shit ever. Who says it's useless? It's a hard knockdown(I think?) and it does good damage, it's better than useless, it's still pretty garbage though...

Here's a bit:

---

Once Tremor gets you into the corner, I guess you could say...

You're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I love f2 and can't help but chuckle every single time I do it instead of b2. Every damn time. Rock puns and f2. I should never leave the tremor forums now. Every other forum just won't look as solid.

Last edited:

YGDWaffles

Breakfast Lunch & Dinner's for Beginners
I love f2 and can't help but chuckle every single time I do it instead of b2 I chuckle. Every damn time. Rock puns and f2. I should never leave the tremor forums now. Every other forum just won't look as solid.
no. you know what happened to the last person who said that pun? @GAV took them outside for a little talk ;)

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
In case anyone didn't know, you can get the last hit of 12d3 to hit during a juggle. I don't know if anything can be do with that because you need to be kind of deep into the combo gravity to get it to work. It's pretty cool though.

Reactions: GAV

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
In case anyone didn't know, you can get the last hit of 12d3 to hit during a juggle. I don't know if anything can be do with that because you need to be kind of deep into the combo gravity to get it to work. It's pretty cool though.
If u win a jumping 1 or 2 air to air confrontation u can link it (im pretty sure)

Unrelated, but ive noticed f3 doesn't scale well, so use it later in combos than earlier.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Alright, hopefully you guys can find something of use to pull out of this mess, be it combos, or ways to work in moves, or set-ups, or whatever:

I'm far from a top player or anything, but I believe ever little bit counts.

Of course I know obvious shit like opponents with meter can try to armor out of db3 + b32 corner shenanigans, and dd1 isn't guaranteed in a few situations, but it's still fun to play out the optimal scenarios and see what I could get.

Tremor is a lot more flexible than I thought initially, you can get 40% for one bar off of just about anything with this guy. Leaves a lot of room for style, and I love that.

I'll add the combos to the combo thread for everyone to sift through easier, later.

Last edited:

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
Universal Tremor armor break;
Corner - (any string the doesn't juggle opponent) > DB2D > njp > B2 > DB2 to DB3 then D1. will break reptiles EX slide, haven't tested on cassie backflip yet. they can't jump out cause its a meaty. for opponents with slower wakeups use B32 and average wakeups that won't low profile them use 21.

You can switch to DB2D > B2 DB2U > B2 DB2, but this combo requires timing after DB2D but if you want that bit of meter and additional 1%-2% damage I think then go for it.

If they delay the wakeup just throw 21D4U4 db1 cancel to keep pressure.

basically hitting opponent off the air on DB1's ending active frames at a certain height guarantees a safe DB3 so something like DB2D > B2 DB2U > walk a bit > B2 DB2.

Last edited:
I was going to save some of this for when I got something to record it with, but since I've got it on hand I might as well just post it.

In a similar vein to the above armour breaks, Tremor's db3 lets him set up a tricky-to-block armour break that is also, conceivably, loopable. These are catered to when you have them in the corner and run up to them-- ideally f121xxdb3 as your ender, if you're near there.

With that said, the combo is as follows (and works in all variations and/or stances):

f121 or b32xxdb2u (a db3 hitting beforehand still allows all this to work), njp, f3xxdb3 and repeat. On paper, it's stupid simple; the bolded section is where things got really funky. It's the reason I wasn't confident posting this earlier.

The f3 has to connect as LATE as possible or the db3 won't connect with them on a teched wakeup- it'll still connect otherwise. The timing is, in a word, wonky. With mere minutes of practice, however, it's very doable, just something that those used to very fast setup requirements might find nonplussing.

In short, a teched wakeup is hit simultaneously by the overhead and your string of choice (f121 or b32 again are your best bets here).
A non-teched wakeup is caught by either the tail end of the overhead's extremely long hitbox (plus the 2 in b32) or simply has to stand without reversal into your string (and f121 is plus, if you're going for that).

This was originally tested against Reptile's armoured slide, which is why I assumed it wasn't going to work until I re-timed f3. With that cracked, other wakeups are comparatively easy to beat- their timing is much less demanding. The caveat, however, is that against low-profiling reversals like slides, you're basically committed to b32 as your followup to enable the break and the followup combo. If they do block that, you can hitconfirm and not cancel, but b32 can still be curtains.

Those in the cast who can't get under a followup f121, however, are stuck between blocking and giving you plus frames (still not great for Tremor, but it's something), trying to block a potential simultaneous high-low, or reversal and get armour broken back into the same combo (for around 30% damage, unless I'm mistaken). A nice bonus is that the opponent can't just duck the f1 since the overhead's incoming- if one hits, so does the other, and blocking high just gives Tremor the plus frames unless he opted to go b32 instead.

So it's not exactly a vortex, and the timing's not always forgiving (for some reason Kung Lao's reversal is wonky to time, though not Reptile/Sub-Zero hard-- and some reversals put them in the air, which is another can of worms I have yet to open), but it's still a repeatable armour-cracking setup. The real issue for Tremor here is figuring out what to do with +2 if they block (let alone even getting them to the corner in the first place, at this rate). Again, apologies for not being able to provide video for this.

TimTim

Don't Hate
So guys which variation is the most practical/best right now.
I know there is no "best" variation but which looks like it could go furthest.