What's new

General/Other - Tremor Tremor General Discussion Thread

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
Hes fair but currently a bit stronger since not many people really know the gaps and counters for his gimmicks/setups. Also I think he is far better aginst chars who have bad armor moves (quan,D'vorah ect) since they cant exploit the gaps as well as for example a kung lao.
What gaps besides db2 special cancels. If u tech roll a lot of his setups can be avoided

What gaps besides db2 special cancels. If u tech roll a lot of his setups can be avoided
All his specials create gabs(except mb crystal rock you can jump off) if not used with f121 or f3. The only option tremor has is cancle his rock shatter to stay save. The cancle is -1 or 0 though

OmGxBdON

All his specials create gabs(except mb crystal rock you can jump off) if not used with f121 or f3. The only option tremor has is cancle his rock shatter to stay save. The cancle is -1 or 0 though
Yea so basically none. Should be hit confirms his strings

Yea so basically none. Should be hit confirms his strings
Makes it hard to hit people though . I fell like F1.. and 21.. are good string but you still need the specials to get dmg in and I fell like people will get much better at seeing the animation and punish it. That's just my opinion I could be totaly wrong though - only time will tell.

OmGxBdON

Makes it hard to hit people though . I fell like F1.. and 21.. are good string but you still need the specials to get dmg in and I fell like people will get much better at seeing the animation and punish it. That's just my opinion I could be totaly wrong though - only time will tell.
Ya that's y u hit confirm, if they block u do the same cancels if they don't do the launcher for full combo 21 is easy to hitconfirm but f12 will take some practice

Alvhe Feleo

Due tomorrow? Do tomorrow.
What's the consensus on Tremor now that he's been out for a while. Is he fun to use?
Pros:
- Great overall versatility.
- BnB combos are variationless and reach the 30%+ meterless.
- Each variation has useful stuff.
- Has a very strong low-hitting gameplay and a variationless unblockable.
- DB1 acts differently depending on variation.
Cons:
- Specials are either slow or have crappy hitboxes, db2u is the perfect example of melee range.
- Overheads are lackluster.
- Variations don't add very significant changes.
- Quite unsafe strings overall.
- His projectiles suck.
- His combos involve chaining launchers several times.

All in all the character is great, but his variations unlike other characters are quite meaningless. You choose between these:
Aftershock: Air-to-ground attack and a setup.
Crystalline: Armor layer, interactible summoner and db1 blocks some projectiles if timed right (very hard to do so).
Metallic: More variety with different skins. Gold offers a lot of pushback and ranged db1 and lava grants launcher bf4 and restand db1.

Metallic I have no clue what it's good for?
Lava has a lot of juggling power with db2 and bf4 launchers, plus the db1 restand that can be aimed low. Gold skin is great for blockstrings because it has a lot of knockback, great against people who guess correctly, plus db1 gives a lot of ranged power, even though it's not like Jacqui full auto exactly... I prefer Crystalline to be honest, but lava can 100% flawless the opponent if they fail to read your next move after the restand.

OmGxBdON

Pros:
Cons:
- Specials are either slow or have crappy hitboxes, db2u is the perfect example of melee range.
- His projectiles suck.

All in all the character is great, but his variations unlike other characters are quite meaningless. You choose between these:
Crystalline: Armor layer, interactible summoner and db1 blocks some projectiles if timed right (very hard to do so).
Metallic: More variety with different skins. Gold offers a lot of pushback and ranged db1 and lava grants launcher bf4 and restand db1.

Lava has a lot of juggling power with db2 and bf4 launchers, plus the db1 restand that can be aimed low. Gold skin is great for blockstrings because it has a lot of knockback, great against people who guess correctly, plus db1 gives a lot of ranged power, even though it's not like Jacqui full auto exactly... I prefer Crystalline to be honest, but lava can 100% flawless the opponent if they fail to read your next move after the restand.
As in fail to block low and block an OH on reaction. The only thing garunteed is f1, I don't play metallic so I'm prob wrong outside of corner I'm positive the only thing that is garunteed is f1 and the Restand has to leave them close for this took even work. IMO if ure using the variation to zone don't bother, u better off usin aftershock.(metallic is not that good IMO.) it's like it has decent close up game, but is outmatched by crystalline. And the ranged options barely matter, gets outmatched by the air quake.

Alvhe Feleo

As I said, the variationless set already gives him all he needs, the variation you choose only adds a new strength. I hate how db2u has such a short range and it's a must if you want to reach the 20% at least and you can pretty much block all his strings with low blocks.

I wouldn't change anything on him though, his lows have awesome range and speed and that makes up for his crappy OH kit.

OmGxBdON

As I said, the variationless set already gives him all he needs, the variation you choose only adds a new strength. I hate how db2u has such a short range and it's a must if you want to reach the 20% at least and you can pretty much block all his strings with low blocks.

I wouldn't change anything on him though, his lows have awesome range and speed and that makes up for his crappy OH kit.
The db2u wasn't meant to have a lot of range I think it was met for stringing combos and anti-airin

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Pros:
Cons:
- His projectiles suck.

Db1 is ok against non projectile and non teleport characters. I never noticed more pushback on block. On what exactly? I don't like the different animation they gave lava uppercuts. Wish it was just a higher regular launcher.

How are you 100% people with the standing reset? Is it midscreen or in the corner?

Db1 is ok against non projectile and non teleport characters. I never noticed more pushback on block. On what exactly? I don't like the different animation they gave lava uppercuts. Wish it was just a higher regular launcher.

How are you 100% people with the standing reset? Is it midscreen or in the corner?
Probably referring to the significant advantage it supplies in the corner, forcing a guess for high-low-throw. While it's certainly valid, it's not quite on the level of similar setups from other characters. His lack of a quick overhead really exaggerates it, not to mention almost every potential followup being unsafe, gappy, or both.

Was messing around with b3, trying to find it's max range and what strings will leave you at said distance. Discovered that after a blocked f121, b3 will randomly whiff. Naturally It seems to connect more constantly vs characters with wide lower hurtboxes (Sub Zero, Quan Chi, Cassie, Raiden etc) though it will still randomly whiff.
I have tried to make my spacing as consistent as possible so... Breathing hurtboxes?

Alvhe Feleo

Just like any other character with a restand out there, it's never guaranteed because you will cut the combo and start over to reset the multiplier, and every time you give the opponent a chance to block after each restand, but it's a possibility. Also it works at any range, you only need to land db1 as an ender.
Example: f1,2 xx db2u xx db1. Very simple but you get the idea.

Nothing is guaranteed, it's a high-risk-high-reward tool like Kenshi's 2,2 where the opponent needs to guess. In this case 50/50s aren't a real choice because overheads are lackluster but it's what lava is supposed to be for. Just try stuff and see how it works.

OmGxBdON

Just like any other character with a restand out there, it's never guaranteed because you will cut the combo and start over to reset the multiplier, and every time you give the opponent a chance to block after each restand, but it's a possibility. Also it works at any range, you only need to land db1 as an ender.

Nothing is guaranteed, it's a high-risk-high-reward tool like Kenshi's 2,2 where the opponent needs to guess. In this case 50/50s aren't a real choice because overheads are lackluster but it's what lava is supposed to be for. Just try stuff and see how it works.
No tremors not meant to have unreactable 50/50s metallic was just not a good idea for the kind of character tremor is

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.

So if he doesn't have a good mixup how are you gonna capitalize on the restand? Having the Restand is nicE but tremor doesn't really have a good option after it like every other Restand.

Which moves give more pushback?

Dukmunky

Arms Dealer, including all 4 of Goro's
What are tremo'rs options when you are in a low footsie war? I feel like even when I get a hit I can't use the advantage because he had no fast mids or lows with range. They can just keep d1 or d3 spamming

Alvhe Feleo

No tremors not meant to have unreactable 50/50s metallic was just not a good idea for the kind of character tremor is
I agree, but that's what he does. Same goes for warrior predator, gunslinger erron and dualist LK, they were made to fill a role but they aren't made for it.

So if he doesn't have a good mixup how are you gonna capitalize on the restand? Having the Restand is nicE but tremor doesn't really have a good option after it like every other Restand.

Which moves give more pushback?
You don't really capitalize on the restand, you make a risky move. I like using db3 because it's unexpected, the follow up with something like d31. Then again I use crystalline almost every time.

On the pushback, you have the standard db2 and df4 but the latter comes out too slow. I actually thought metallic had more knockback but lava seems to have even better knockback on db2 on hit, same as metallic on block. IDK maybe it was the clunky sound or the animation style that tricked me, but I was wrong on that part, both skins have the same knockbacks on block.

What are tremo'rs options when you are in a low footsie war?
I was able to match reptile's footsies, it's hard but doable.
With Crystalline jump back and db1d will give you some room to play, but nothing else to be done.
With aftershock air dd1 does the trick, and you can MB to launch him.
Metallic doesn't have any special counters for that.

I gave up on Tremor after finding Metallic to be useless, but after seeing DJT stomp with aftershock I'm very intrigued. 50% 1 meter at the cost of a gap? That's some good shit, I think.

Alvhe Feleo

I just checked the tremor vs predator video (predator was sonicfox) and gotta say it was pretty balanced. Just a bunch of thoughts about DJT:
- He never punished predator's combistick (b22d2). It's punishable with a fair gap after b22.
- That db1 cancel was really good, and the db3 pressure actually gave him the advantage every time they traded, those 2 were really smart moves.
- I wonder if you can cancel JIP into air dd1, and also why he never used the setup, I'm going to play tremor today.

Alvhe Feleo

That exactly, look how he's safe after an instant crossup between oh and low launcher for 37%. #Balanced

Seriously now, you have to land the jip at max range or it doesn't work because air dd1 hits far. Sounds like predator's self-destruct, quite useless in a real match (at least for me).

Syntonum

Kick when you have to kick.
That exactly, look how he's safe after an instant crossup between oh and low launcher for 37%. #Balanced
Seriously now, you have to land the jip at max range or it doesn't work because air dd1 hits far. Sounds like predator's self-destruct, quite useless in a real match (at least for me).
You can press F or B to change the impact on both, dd1 and ex dd1. B2 works wonders with its range and hitbox after AirEXDD1.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Was just thinking about this after sonicfox brought up Tremor's EXdb2 run cancels. I think Jax might be anti Tremor. Jax has pressure and quick strings which blows up what tremor does. You can't even run cancel to bait out counterpokes since JAx has d12. I don't really know how Jax works but depending on how good his projectile (the purple wave and his projectile variation) is he might be a very tough matchup. Anyone who knows Jax, care to elaborate on this one?

The Highlander

There can be only one
Was just thinking about this after sonicfox brought up Tremor's EXdb2 run cancels. I think Jax might be anti Tremor. Jax has pressure and quick strings which blows up what tremor does. You can't even run cancel to bait out counterpokes since JAx has d12. I don't really know how Jax works but depending on how good his projectile (the purple wave and his projectile variation) is he might be a very tough matchup. Anyone who knows Jax, care to elaborate on this one?
Don't know him super well but his projectile is plus I believe, and can be held and cancelled, making it pretty good. I can see him and liu kang being very hard match-ups.