What's new

General/Other - Tremor Tremor General Discussion Thread

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Don't know him super well but his projectile is plus I believe, and can be held and cancelled, making it pretty good. I can see him and liu kang being very hard match-ups.
I played a lui kang online with metallic. This was when I was first learning MU. Flame Fist and dragon fire can zone tremor out. I think LK's pressure is waves above tremor's too. Might not be crazy bad but I think it's definitely in LK's favor.

InFlames

dead
and the db3 pressure actually gave him the advantage every time they traded.
I honestly think this is a really bad gimmick, especially vs Pred. Every character can punish you if they have meter except for maybe Quan and a few others with a quick normal into an armored special or teleport. So you trade 15% to 40% depending on the character for only 8% with the overhead rock.

@OmGxBdON should know what I mean

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I honestly think this is a really bad gimmick, especially vs Pred. Every character can punish you if they have meter except for maybe Quan and a few others with a quick normal into an armored special or teleport. So you trade 15% to 40% depending on the character for only 8% with the overhead rock.

ye i only really like doing db3 inclose when crystalline aura is active and even that wont work vs certain chars.

db3 on block is an awefull gimmick EVERY character can just sweep you. This puts tremor on the ground and the other person at advantages even after the rock hits and ironically tremor hates the ground (because of his meh wakeup).

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten

Lol I know this far to well. Here's the thing. U should never really end ure strings on block with db3 it's a bad habit and if ure facin someone who knows the MU ure gonna get opened up pretty bad. Sonic fox just didn't know the MU if he did then DJT would of got blown up.db3 for jump ins Can work. Especially if they hit u then immediately get hit by the OH which gives u a free combo.@Alvin Feleo

OmGxBdON

db3 on block is an awefull gimmick EVERY character can just sweep you. This puts tremor on the ground and the other person at advantages even after the rock hits and ironically tremor hates the ground (because of his meh wakeup).
His wake ups have use they weren't ment to be god tier like cassie

OmGxBdON

They are slow. And the only "fast" one doesent launch. Pretty sure that more than 50% of the cast has better wakeup. Or am I missing something?
By fast do u mean db1 cuz that does launch when around corner. You cant jump in on tremor cuz of his wake ups also even tho their slow, they will still armour through many moves

InFlames

dead
They are slow. And the only "fast" one doesent launch. Pretty sure that more than 50% of the cast has better wakeup. Or am I missing something?
his flash parry has potential to be a decent wakeup

You cant jump in on tremor cuz of his wake ups also even tho their slow, they will still armour through many moves
by the way when you were using ex db2u to beat my crossup attempts, was that on reaction?

infamy23

FireBeard
His wakeup is garbage I don't see how that's debatable?

Fastest armor is 22 frames and -12 on block. That's bottom of the barrel in this game.

Flash parry doesn't do anything to alleviate the horribly slow startup, but at least it makes you safe if they block.

OmGxBdON

His wakeup is garbage I don't see how that's debatable?

Fastest armor is 22 frames and -12 on block. That's bottom of the barrel in this game.

Flash parry doesn't do anything to alleviate the horribly slow startup, but at least it makes you safe if they block.
Smh it's really not but I can't convince u to change ure opinion

infamy23

FireBeard
Out of 107 armored wakeups in the game, Tremor is tied for 12th slowest wakeup at 22 frames. For those of you who enjoy percentages, that puts him in the 12th percentile for slow wakeups, sweet!

Right up there with other stellar wakeup options like Quan Chi's Sky Krush, Reptile's Klaw Bounce, Takeda's Tornado Kick, Predator's Yautja Pounce, and Goro's Dragon Torch.

Wait what's that... you've never seen anyone do these wakeups in a serious game EVER because they are all trash?

Well nevermind that, Tremor's wakeup is obviously good despite these facts.

Carry on. Just my "opinion" after all.

OmGxBdON

Out of 107 armored wakeups in the game, Tremor is tied for 12th slowest wakeup at 22 frames. For those of you who enjoy percentages, that puts him in the 12th percentile for slow wakeups, sweet!

Right up there with other stellar wakeup options like Quan Chi's Sky Krush, Reptile's Klaw Bounce, Takeda's Tornado Kick, Predator's Yautja Pounce, and Goro's Dragon Torch.

Wait what's that... you've never seen anyone do these wakeups in a serious game EVER because they are all trash?

Well nevermind that, Tremor's wakeup is obviously good despite these facts.

Carry on. Just my "opinion" after all.
An anti air in wake up that doesn't need to be fast to catch people jumpin. Most 50/50s can be armoires through ure just a hater

OmGxBdON

How does everyone feel about b32 as in usin b3 at a distance and usin the extended range of 2 to hit ure opponent. If u don't think they'll block go for a db2d or (db2u didn't see if the connected.) or u can hit confirm a db1. Db1u if in corner. Does anyone think this is a good tool for tremor I personally think with the special moves he's given it goes together so well with his b32 string. It's like they purposefully gave him this string for this purpose.

How does everyone feel about b32 as in usin b3 at a distance and usin the extended range of 2 to hit ure opponent. If u don't think they'll block go for a db2d or (db2u didn't see if the connected.) or u can hit confirm a db1. Db1u if in corner. Does anyone think this is a good tool for tremor I personally think with the special moves he's given it goes together so well with his b32 string. It's like they purposefully gave him this string for this purpose.
It's a pretty slow move (since you need to do 2 attacks). range is not that big so chances are they will do their advancing string and hit you mid animation. I dont see a real reason why they shouldnt block and its pretty impossible to hit confirm and If you guess wrong you eat a full combo. In the corner without an overhead rock setup ist allso pretty meh because its a bit slow and you should block low on default against tremor.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I would have to see it used against people who know about it. With the lack of range on the initial b3 I'd be afraid of the several long reaching pokes and combos catching tremor. Plus since he's stationary he is more susceptible to jump ins. If he had other followups after b3 it might be more useful but since once you see b3 it can only be the 2 or he's spending meter to try and catch something if baited, it might be hard to use that way. Might be only really useful in specific matchups with characters who don't have superb footsies.

OmGxBdON

It's a pretty slow move (since you need to do 2 attacks). range is not that big so chances are they will do their advancing string and hit you mid animation. I dont see a real reason why they shouldnt block and its pretty impossible to hit confirm and If you guess wrong you eat a full combo. In the corner without an overhead rock setup ist allso pretty meh because its a bit slow and you should block low on default against tremor.
U can still set up a rock and I if fail u to hit confirm with a db1 ure not gettin punsidhed cuz ur like max distance with ur db1 unless they maybe have like reptiles ex slide maybe. I don't think u know what I mean

OmGxBdON

I would have to see it used against people who know about it. With the lack of range on the initial b3 I'd be afraid of the several long reaching pokes and combos catching tremor. Plus since he's stationary he is more susceptible to jump ins. If he had other followups after b3 it might be more useful but since once you see b3 it can only be the 2 or he's spending meter to try and catch something if baited, it might be hard to use that way. Might be only really useful in specific matchups with characters who don't have superb footsies.
Idk I guess we'll have to see it be used in an actual match maybe we could have a set soon a can I show u some stuff

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
so tanya (a skinny little girl) ex tonfa rekka has 2 hits or armor (hits twice on 1st hit aswell ignoring tremors crystalline) while tremor armor gets stuffed easy as fuck, if anyone should have two hits of armor maybe its the rock based character???

OmGxBdON

so tanya (a skinny little girl) ex tonfa rekka has 2 hits or armor (hits twice on 1st hit aswell ignoring tremors crystalline) while tremor armor gets stuffed easy as fuck, if anyone should have two hits of armor maybe its the rock based character???
So true