What's new

General/Other - Tremor Tremor General Discussion Thread

U can still set up a rock and I if fail u to hit confirm with a db1 ure not gettin punsidhed cuz ur like max distance with ur db1 unless they maybe have like reptiles ex slide maybe. I don't think u know what I mean
First your English is a bit fucked up so I might not get what you are saying but I will try.

As soon as they See b3 they can jump and punish you - Nothing you can do about it
If you space B32 too far you and it misses you cannot cancel into anything and are minus, most of the cast can run in and punish you.
If you are too close they can just hit you. Everybody in the cast can do this.
I don’t think you cannot hit confirm B3(missed)2(hit) into anything since by the time you see if you hit or not you only have like a fraction of a second which is not enough.
If you buffer in b32db3 there are problems. If you are too close when it hits you will get swept. If you are at max range they can run in and uppercut or sweep you (except ferra tor since both of his upper cut and sweep are too slow) or hit you with an advancing special.
If you are at max range and don’t use the close rock drop they can run in and punish you.

All you can do is b32db1 which you can cancel on reaction on block. However you can do the same with 21 or f1 which push the opponent more into the corner and do more chip.

As said in the corner it doesn’t add anything except when you ended your previous combo into rock drop.

Overall as soon as someone knows the matchup using b3 in neutral is useless since you have f12, 21 and b1 which cover the same distance but are much faster and safer.

I also implore you to take your time and test your ideas in the lab. Since you are suggesting stuff that has some serious issues that are not hard to find.

Last edited:

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
First your English is a bit fucked up so I might not get what you are saying but I will try.

As soon as they See b3 they can jump and punish you - Nothing you can do about it
If you space B32 too far you and it misses you cannot cancel into anything and are minus, most of the cast can run in and punish you.
If you are too close they can just hit you. Everybody in the cast can do this.
I don’t think you cannot hit confirm B3(missed)2(hit) into anything since by the time you see if you hit or not you only have like a fraction of a second which is not enough.
If you buffer in b32db3 there are problems. If you are too close when it hits you will get swept. If you are at max range they can run in and uppercut or sweep you (except ferra tor since both of his upper cut and sweep are too slow) or hit you with an advancing special.
If you are at max range and don’t use the close rock drop they can run in and punish you.

All you can do is b32db1 which you can cancel on reaction on block. However you can do the same with 21 or f1 which push the opponent more into the corner and do more chip.

As said in the corner it doesn’t add anything except when you ended your previous combo into rock drop.

Overall as soon as someone knows the matchup using b3 in neutral is useless since you have f12, 21 and b1 which cover the same distance but are much faster and safer.

I also implore you to take your time and test your ideas in the lab. Since you are suggesting stuff that has some serious issues that are not hard to find.
First I'm typing on an iPad not a fuckin essay. and I don't give a shit about typin you instead of u. (Grammar nazi) U can definently hitconfirm it with db1 u get a lot of time if the 2 of b32 hits.And if ure usin the distance with b32 u won't even have to hitconfirm cuz even if they do block they won't be able to punish. I never said db3. In the corner u can launch with the db1u for a combo and this will catch people off. And all the bull shit bout being too close,too far, what if they jump is dumb. Go to practice mode and get ure spacin down. U will prob tell me that. well what if they move well it's no different than spacing out Jason b122 string or any other string. Clearly this move was put in for the reason I stated IMO.how about u actually use it an actual match before puttin ure uneducated input about what I'm talking bout. Btw I'm not sayin use this tool all the time it's just a good tool to learn in his arsenal that u can use every once in a while. Ure obviously assumin instead of testing this out.

First I'm typing on an iPad not a fuckin essay. and I don't give a shit about typin you instead of u. (Grammar nazi) U can definently hitconfirm it with db1 u get a lot of time if the 2 of b32 hits.And if ure usin the distance with b32 u won't even have to hitconfirm cuz even if they do block they won't be able to punish. I never said db3. In the corner u can launch with the db1u for a combo and this will catch people off. And all the bull shit bout being too close,too far, what if they jump is dumb. Go to practice mode and get ure spacin down. U will prob tell me that. well what if they move well it's no different than spacing out Jason b122 string or any other string. Clearly this move was put in for the reason I stated IMO.how about u actually use it an actual match before puttin ure uneducated input about what I'm talking bout. Btw I'm not sayin use this tool all the time it's just a good tool to learn in his arsenal that u can use every once in a while. Ure obviously assumin instead of testing this out.
Okay I am done you are only insulting and not listening to anything and just label it as dumb despite the obvious flaws in your "ideas".
Keep dreaming but please spare the forum from it.
Btw my comment on your English was not based on your abbreviations but on things like this "and I if fail u to hit confirm" and was not meant to be mean but show a genuine problem but of course you took it as insult because how dare someone criticize you.

OmGxBdON

Okay I am done you are only insulting and not listening to anything and just label it as dumb despite the obvious flaws in your "ideas".
Keep dreaming but please spare the forum from it.
Btw my comment on your English was not based on your abbreviations but on things like this "and I if fail u to hit confirm" and was not meant to be mean but show a genuine problem but of course you took it as insult because how dare someone criticize you.
As I also said I'm not typing and essay I'm not gonna go over it a thousand times, as I said before u clearly did not try this in a match and ure just going straight to this does not work it's a terrible tool. U definently have not used it yet.I don't care if someone criticize something I say I just care if they criticize without trying it first like u have done.

What? Now I gotta try this. Any clue why that would work?

I'm guessing its because with input shortcuts turned off the game pays more mind to your directional inputs (which is what allows OS's to exist) meaning that tremors DB2 will only read the direction input of up or down once the move has actually started and not once you have entered it, which in turn means you would have to wait until you see the start of the move come out before inputing the direction up or down.

With input shortcuts off the game doesn't care as much about your directional precision regarding special moves so as long as ur holding up or down it will accept it

I have spent the day with the epicGL stream running on the other screen and have been intrigued by Alucard's Crystal Tremor.

Often when he gets the oponant in the corner he will summon a intractable. Now I at first thought it was a input error and he meant to do the armour up thing but he dose it many times in all his games. Now I could be wrong but he never used this interactable, and it also gives the oponant a way to armour out of the corner using it as a jump point.

Dose anyone know the reasoning behind this use? Is it something like whiffing the air grab for Khan where the special gives you plus frames or some other ultra techy thing that is beyond a casual scrub like me? Or is it that there is a combo that he never go to use that needs the interactable?

Thoughts?

Example
http://www.twitch.tv/epicgl/b/682083414?t=1h35m50s (watch this match)

Last edited:

DaZengie

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MortalKombatATX/
I think it's a set up that didn't work out. The interactable is +14 on block despite the frame data saying it is negative. I think he wanted to keep on applying pressure in the corner by doing a block string into interactable throw and make him +14 for another mixup. Your thoughts?

SEV

Noob
Yeah, I found it interesting too. I'm assuming he was putting it out to be safe, in case their positions' reversed so that he can meter burn it to get out safely on wake up.

It was smart, but I don't know how I feel about it, though. If you end your combo with DB2 you have enough time to set up DD1 armor or DB3 OH rock and still pressure on wake up. Armor can eat any single hitting wake up and allow you to punish, and the DB3 into B3 gives you an ES set up that can break all armored wake ups if done right. Delaying your wake up can avoid the ES but on read Tremor can just send out the DB3 then set up armor, the interactible, or another DB3.

I was also surprised to see he didn't use the armor much, considering both of his matches that I saw were against characters with single hitting reversals.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Hi, all.

I'm looking for some Tremor match up experience. So far, I've only fought one good Tremor. As such, I come to you, the Tremor community, for help.

If any of you would like to help me, my PSN is jshipp39. I main Sorcerer Quan Chi and Warlock Quan Chi. My secondary is Cyber/Cutthroat Kano.

Dukmunky

Arms Dealer, including all 4 of Goro's
Hi, all.

I'm looking for some Tremor match up experience. So far, I've only fought one good Tremor. As such, I come to you, the Tremor community, for help.

If any of you would like to help me, my PSN is jshipp39. I main Sorcerer Quan Chi and Warlock Quan Chi. My secondary is Cyber/Cutthroat Kano.
This is great - cutthroat and sorcerer are my mains (after putting F/t and erron on the back burner) and I have been almost exclusively playing tremor for about a week. Let's teach each other some stuff. Psn: dukmunky - usually on around 7 or so central time, sometimes during the day.

Last edited:

infamy23

FireBeard
None of us are typing an essay. That doesn't stop us from speaking proper English.

I'm happy for you that you don't care about your communication skills, but the rest of us can't understand what the hell you're saying and it's annoying.

You are now the first person I've ignored on this site.

OmGxBdON

Hi, all.

I main tremor now, I'd like to have some matches with you. I remember u from the Kano forums. My PSN is omgxbdon, I'll add u when I get the chance

OmGxBdON

Where does everyone put tremor on the tier list top, mid, bottom. Personally I believe he's at the top of the mid tier list. :D (If that's even a thing)

Last edited:

OmGxBdON

Tremor's variations: what are the real differences in each version of Rock Toss, Rolling Stone, and Stone Punch?
Rock toss is just an ass move that needs some buffing IMO. No difference in variations. Not about sure about metallics lava skin though. Still probably the same move but it's just lava.rollin stone is the same in all variations except his lava skin which gets a combo starter. And stone punch is the same in all variations. Not sure bout lava skin, I'm pretty sure it's the same. But lava skins b2 launches them more into the air I think. U should be asking what's the difference between all of tremors db1 which is where he gets the most change from his variations. Crstyalline gets a launcher from it that is plus on block. aftershock gets a really good spacing tool that covers a lot of distance and is also very good at anti-airing. Metallic gets a projectile when in his gold skin. Can be aimed down for a low. Aimed straight for a mid(may be a high). And up for a mid that anti airs. In his lava skin he gets a restand. IMO metallic gets the worst benefit. The extra zonin options are terrible and the restand has no use seeing as he doesn't do crazy safe chip like boneshaper and how he doesn't have true mix-ups to benefit from the restand.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I feel like Aftershock is going to round out as his best variation.

Given the fact that near all of what makes him fearsome is universal across the the board, I feel that its uniquities combined with said universals will make for his most formidable form, especially if/when more uses for the DD1 Quake are uncovered.