What's new

General/Other - Tremor Tremor General Discussion Thread

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I have negative edge off and there's still negative edge.

B3,2~DB2D, if inputted a little too quickly just gets you B3,2,2... Same thing happens with 2,1~DB2D. Instead I get 2,1,2. Makes hit confirming this character a little rough online.

Anyone else getting this?
It's not negative edge, but the special move negation that happens when you hit a direction shortly after inputting a special. The same thing that allows the option selects.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
I
There was also no need to tell him to go back to the lab and stay there. But what's done is done. I'm not gonna try and spark an argument over it and based on your response, you don't seem to be interested in taking that route either.
It is all good brother. I am labbing him up too. Tremor is a lot of fun.

THTB

What? DB1D (low) and DB1U (high arch) are both fast(10F startup ),The low one travel very fast and the high travels slow but catches almost any jump from the oponent who try to avoid the low or the unblockable.Also you can combo the mbDB1U with the unblockable for 18%. If you add the DB3 and the unblockable tool by itself ,Gold Tremor will be one of the best zoners IMO.
They're not 10 frames.

With the moves that have extra options like that, you can't just look at their frame data, because it's based around when the game reads that extra option. The frames are likely close to the same as the regular version.

E

Eldriken

It is all good brother. I am labbing him up too. Tremor is a lot of fun.
I'm incapable of finding anything for characters, so I wait for other people to do it for me and build on it and hopefully discover things from already existing tech. I hate it, lol. It means I have to wait longer to play a character I'm interested in due to it.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
I'm incapable of finding anything for characters, so I wait for other people to do it for me and build on it and hopefully discover things from already existing tech. I hate it, lol. It means I have to wait longer to play a character I'm interested in due to it.
To be fair Tremor is kind of hard to figure out. I main Sub and I managed to figure out most things on my own but I also stole all the setups from Lord Brady. The way I do it is to lab up alone and then compare my stuff to the forums. I really love this part of fighting games. Learning new characters is a lot of fun.

ruff321

Noob
You should add Stealer of Techs to your sig ;)
I'm in the same boat as you since I just don't have the time to sit in lab for hours on end.

E

Eldriken

You should add Stealer of Techs to your sig ;)
I'm in the same boat as you since I just don't have the time to sit in lab for hours on end.
It would only be considered stealing if I claimed it as my own. Everyone here uses everyone else's tech. =P

ando1184

Noob
It's not negative edge, but the special move negation that happens when you hit a direction shortly after inputting a special. The same thing that allows the option selects.
Well I had a few issues with this too while trying to do b12, then inputting EX db1d. But b212 would keep happening instead of the db2d, this has only ever happened to tremor with me.....?

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Whatever it is, it's incredibly annoying. You'd think NRS would consider the inputs for strings against inputs for the special that's going to be used as the characters primary launcher.

CubaKahn

Noob
Anyone have any luck zoning with this guy in an actual match against a good player? I hope I'm wrong but even in Gold it seems turret or any consistent zoning is very difficult and limited matchup wise. In fact I don't think he's very zony at all despite his movelist.

My early impressions is that he's more of a footsy/set up character. His pressure is being downplayed here, are as his normals. Your reward for winning the neutral(not easy) is big damage and he seems to have crazy set ups. Crystalline armor helps buff his neutral and corner game, aftershock greatly helps his zoning and set up game. I don't know what to make of metallic yet, I question how good the restands are against good competition and how good gold zoning actually is.

One thing I do feel confident in saying is that Tremor is not easy to play. Feels like you're trying to play chess while they're playing speed checkers, especially against Lao, Raiden, ect.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
@GAV likened him to kotal in which they share some similarities. We all know he's not a grappler and he may have chose a poor word, but we get what he was saying and it's not like we need to bash him for it?
I may have been overplaying it, but he's definitely not a pure zoner.

He has similar tools to Kotal Khan in terms of his D1, D4, and he has a very long reaching grab.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Likening him to Kotal is fine. Calling him "Not a zoner, but a grappler" is just ridiculous lol
He's good at anti-zoning, but you can't just stand back with him. You use his anti-zoning to land a hit and go in.

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
Gonna be labbing this fucker so hard you might as well call me a geologist.
ROFLMAO That's brilliant XD

By the way, apparently every DB3 setup is blown up by tech rolling, which is pretty sad. :( I really want this character to be hella good.

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
ROFLMAO That's brilliant XD

By the way, apparently every DB3 setup is blown up by tech rolling, which is pretty sad. :( I really want this character to be hella good.
If you notice them tech rolling, can't you just put it behind them so they still get hit?

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
Not if they're in the corner
Cassie can techroll and GetawayFlip (not ex) and there goes the setup. Sub-Zero and Reptile can Slide, KL can just spin. No, wait, fuck it, every character can simply techroll and then Wakeup Backthrow. They'll eat the rocks, but the setup is over and Tremor can do nothing about it.

If you notice them tech rolling, can't you just put it behind them so they still get hit?
Yeah, it works. But honestly, there's no reason to use delayed wakeup against Tremor, so your opponent will be tech-rolling a lot, it's better to throw the rocks behind them every time.

THTB

Well I had a few issues with this too while trying to do b12, then inputting EX db1d. But b212 would keep happening instead of the db2d, this has only ever happened to tremor with me.....?
It's happened to me, but not very often.

THTB

Anyone have any luck zoning with this guy in an actual match against a good player? I hope I'm wrong but even in Gold it seems turret or any consistent zoning is very difficult and limited matchup wise. In fact I don't think he's very zony at all despite his movelist.

My early impressions is that he's more of a footsy/set up character. His pressure is being downplayed here, are as his normals. Your reward for winning the neutral(not easy) is big damage and he seems to have crazy set ups. Crystalline armor helps buff his neutral and corner game, aftershock greatly helps his zoning and set up game. I don't know what to make of metallic yet, I question how good the restands are against good competition and how good gold zoning actually is.

One thing I do feel confident in saying is that Tremor is not easy to play. Feels like you're trying to play chess while they're playing speed checkers, especially against Lao, Raiden, ect.
I agree with this a lot. Very neutral-based, setup-heavy play. He gets good damage off any splat situation due to EX quake, too. But not at all easy to play.