What's new

General/Other - Tremor Tremor General Discussion Thread

GS_Zodiac

Determined to make a name for the mid-west
I never dismiss just Dave's insight, even when I disagree. I'm sure there are some things I'm missing about the character. I do think he's missing some stuff too. He's all negative. I'm all positive. I'm sure Tremor rests someplace in between.

Tremor's not a zoner. He's a grappler with rushdown and anti-zoning.

He has a great D1. Check out its reach and recovery. For how far it reaches and how quickly it recovers, its pretty fast. Its not the best in the game, but its very close. Now, check out the reach on his grab. It almost has the same range as Kotal Khan's Sun Throw. Now, do his D4 - which is the best in the game.

Now, get into his combos. You'll notice that most of them move him forward. Now, start cutting them short and end them with D to B 1, and hold DB to access the low ... safe.

Anti-zoning - I can't really speak on Metallic or Crystaline much, but Earthshaker is good for beating out zoners - especially spammers. That aerial low beats out projectiles. Then, you have a low and high projectile. The low one sets up the high one because the high one beats airborne opponents. You can also tap back after any projectile to roll back - and it costs no stamina.

He is wildly unsafe, but he has enough tools that your offense is hardly ever going to get snuffed out once you devote a little time to him.

I do think he's more execution heavy than most think. You want your combos in the upper 30's and lower 40's; Not down in the 20's. He's designed to do big damage off of just about any launcher and you can hit confirm into everything. Once you've conditioned yourself to down to back for his ender, hitting the right button is easy.

If they're blocking, just end with D to B 1 and hold DB to push them away with a low. If they're not, you still D to B but just launch with 2 instead. There seems like there are gaps in his strings, but there is enough hit-stun and block-stun to keep him safe. Just don't finish his combos generically and hit confirm everything.
I'm sorry, but in what way is he a grappler? I haven't seen a single command grab. also I just don't get why everyone is saying that he's super unsafe. maybe it's an online thing? majority of his strings are safe or can be made safe so I'm really lost.

YGDWaffles

Breakfast Lunch & Dinner's for Beginners
I never dismiss just Dave's insight, even when I disagree. I'm sure there are some things I'm missing about the character. I do think he's missing some stuff too. He's all negative. I'm all positive. I'm sure Tremor rests someplace in between.

Tremor's not a zoner. He's a grappler with rushdown and anti-zoning.

He has a great D1. Check out its reach and recovery. For how far it reaches and how quickly it recovers, its pretty fast. Its not the best in the game, but its very close. Now, check out the reach on his grab. It almost has the same range as Kotal Khan's Sun Throw. Now, do his D4 - which is the best in the game.

Now, get into his combos. You'll notice that most of them move him forward. Now, start cutting them short and end them with D to B 1, and hold DB to access the low ... safe.

Anti-zoning - I can't really speak on Metallic or Crystaline much, but Earthshaker is good for beating out zoners - especially spammers. That aerial low beats out projectiles. Then, you have a low and high projectile. The low one sets up the high one because the high one beats airborne opponents. You can also tap back after any projectile to roll back - and it costs no stamina.

He is wildly unsafe, but he has enough tools that your offense is hardly ever going to get snuffed out once you devote a little time to him.

I do think he's more execution heavy than most think. You want your combos in the upper 30's and lower 40's; Not down in the 20's. He's designed to do big damage off of just about any launcher and you can hit confirm into everything. Once you've conditioned yourself to down to back for his ender, hitting the right button is easy.

If they're blocking, just end with D to B 1 and hold DB to push them away with a low. If they're not, you still D to B but just launch with 2 instead. There seems like there are gaps in his strings, but there is enough hit-stun and block-stun to keep him safe. Just don't finish his combos generically and hit confirm everything.
^this. i could think of many fighters in the game that HAVE to make their strings safe with a special move in order to survive. Tremor's a more extreme version of that, but that's what he is. and he definitely is execution heavy for the heavier combos, how it should be ;)

...grappler? i wish, but he's more "damage with any and every launcher he has" than grappler:DOGE

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
^this. i could think of many fighters in the game that HAVE to make their strings safe with a special move in order to survive. Tremor's a more extreme version of that, but that's what he is. and he definitely is execution heavy for the heavier combos, how it should be ;)

...grappler? i wish, but he's more "damage with any and every launcher he has" than grappler:DOGE
The reach on his grab is undeniable. As far as reach, they gave him a command grab as his regular throw.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I'm sorry, but in what way is he a grappler? I haven't seen a single command grab. also I just don't get why everyone is saying that he's super unsafe. maybe it's an online thing? majority of his strings are safe or can be made safe so I'm really lost.
The reach on his regular grab is the same as Kotal Khan's Sun Throw. Plus, his D1 sets it up - or - you can use his D4 if you want space to go into his combos. In this respect, he's just like Kotal Khan.

Unsafe? cancel anything either into stone punch or db1 cancel and ur safe hes stone punch is just like jax Dash punch safe unless u use db2d for a unsafe launcher (it should be faster cuz right now its like predators armor, but still not on quan chi level of slow)

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
My first thoughts:
-Db3 is amazing, it doesn't go away on it so abuse it.
-D2 is a grwat anti air, quite surprised about that.
-Wakeups sssuucckkk
-AfterShock seems to be the go-to zoning variation.

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub

Don't worry, I'll break him eventually and start a new bandwagon for people to hop on. This was only after an hour or so combining @InFlames throw tech into the mix. Give me actual time to test and optimize. I can already see the "Nerf Tremor" threads brewing. I await your thread. ;)
Does ending with db2 allow you to otg with dd4 guaranteed?

Reactions: GAV
the doomsday armor is really helpful upclose canceling unsafe strings into it and punish the punish attempt or go for a throw if they respect it is really fun :D

YGDWaffles

Breakfast Lunch & Dinner's for Beginners
maximilian is downplaying tremor right now, and i don't care at all! :D

Last edited:

Euph0nic

Purple Glowy Stuff
Internet, what's for breakfast? Oquizhemah

How is everyone waking up? I'm going with grabs and backdashes, and getting mudholes stomped in.

ando1184

Noob
the doomsday armor is really helpful upclose canceling unsafe strings into it and punish the punish attempt or go for a throw if they respect it is really fun :D
But it's a gimmick at the moment, it's not viable at all. For instance set it to record and do the string canceled into the armor activation. Just do a regular string standing and it gets rid of the armor and now tremor is in a combo. Any fast enough string will blow it up :(

SEV

Noob
But it's a gimmick at the moment, it's not viable at all. For instance set it to record and do the string canceled into the armor activation. Just do a regular string standing and it gets rid of the armor and now tremor is in a combo. Any fast enough string will blow it up :(
Nope, it's very legit. Been labbing this today and using his armor he can make gaps in strings that don't have gaps, and about 50% of the time he doesn't even need to use meter to punish.

Granted there aren't many strings that allow you to absorb the first hit and punish, so doing that is pretty risky.

ando1184

Noob
Nope, it's very legit. Been labbing this today and using his armor he can make gaps in strings that don't have gaps, and about 50% of the time he doesn't even need to use meter to punish.

Granted there aren't many strings that allow you to absorb the first hit and punish, so doing that is pretty risky.
I'm talking about doing 21d4u4 into crystal armor activate. That is not viable at all. If you do that against say SZ, after he blocks the string he can 12 ice blast you and get a full combo.

exactly u can take the last hit of strings that arent 0 on block and will be able to punish a string thats -5 itssimilar to kotal kahns Ex parry but he has a 7 frame f1.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Am i the only one who thinks gold stance in Metallic is the best zoning option?
At long distance you can DB1U ,and if your opponent respect it he wont jump, so its time to unblockable,DB1D and DB3 fest
Other variations can denay Tremor´s zoning option with a simple jump or jump ins

Am i the only one who thinks gold stance in Metallic is the best zoning option?
At long distance you can DB1U ,and if your opponent respect it he wont jump, so its time to unblockable,DB1D and DB3 fest
Other variations can denay Tremor´s zoning option with a simple jump or jump ins
your not the only one ^^. DB1U work pretty much works like johnny cage fireballs giving due to the arch giving u frameadvantage to get some zoning going.

SEV

Noob
I'm talking about doing 21d4u4 into crystal armor activate. That is not viable at all. If you do that against say SZ, after he blocks the string he can 12 ice blast you and get a full combo.
Oh. Yeah, that's a bad idea.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I think figuring out that 2 hits mid will help out. I was having the same issues Dave encountered. Haven't had a chance to test it, but we might be okay there.

His armor is really slow, though, unfortunately. But he's capable of cancelling both of his armor options (at least in Aftershock), so there may be some strengths there.

His d4 is definitely amazing. Love that move.