What's new

Top tier abusers VS Character "loyalists"

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Ummm, no Tira and Gen were not good. Tira was in bottom 10, and people considered Gen to be bad.
People who didnt play Tira said she was bottom ten, all her players said she still wasnt that bad.

I know im arguing over something that happened a year ago but still lol

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
In the Disney cartoon version of Pinnochio, Jiminy Cricket says to Pinocchio:

"You've buttered your bread; now sleep in in it!"

which I think is a perfect analogy for the situation here. It's your decision -- but whatever choice you make, it was your pick; so live with the consequences and don't complain.

Source: 4:05 in the video here

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
In the Disney cartoon Pinnochio, Jiminy Cricket says to Pinocchio:

"You've buttered your bread; now sleep in in it!"

which I think is a perfect analogy for the situation here. It's your decision -- but whatever choice you make, it was your pick; so live with the consequences and don't complain.

Source: 4:05 in the video here
I like this!

I'm planning on playing Sinestro/Superman/Wonder Woman.

If Catwoman ends up being good, I might play her as well.

In general, I am going to end up gravitating towards a character that I feel is top-tier worthy; But I like to come to those conclusions myself.

If you're playing to win, play top-tier (or at least your perception of it).

I really like this thread and I sure hope that everyone isn't getting it twisted with people who use low tier characters.It's seems like we are being generalized as people who bitch and complain when we don't have things our way.I personally don't know anybody who uses a low-tier character and bitches about everyone else being so good(well maybe one.lol).I guess that's the stereotype for low-tier mains.I've tried out every character and only a couple clicks with me.Im not going to spend months dissecting a character I can't click with just because he would give me a better chance if I were to master him.I have nothing against people who play to win but if you are playing to win just do your thing and respect that there are people who don't share that same desire.Money may be on the line for you but not for me.10 bucks for the venue and 10 for the game.about 60 on gas for the road.A few more dollars for food.Im not concerned with winning that money back.I have a full-time and a part time job and if Im going to a tournament at all then I have money to throw away when I've been much better off by not going and saving a little over a hundred bucks.Like I said earlier,I don't travel just to go to tournaments.I visit my family and spend time with my girlfriend for a couple days.Im pretty much giving away 20 bucks for the experience of playing offline and off to other things.

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
I actually love facing high tier characters. Especially when they are played as best as the player can. That's no issue for me and learning the match up really helps me in the future.

I prefer playing as a character I like because if I have to use a character I don't even like, i'll just get bored and drop the game. Simple as that. Coincidentally and luckily, my characters in other fighters are usually high mid so I'll just take my chances. :)

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
I don't have the opportunity to make it out to many tourneys but the few I have attended were with the experience in mind. I've always had bad luck with being able to find a local scene of players interested in the same games as myself, so online has become my stomping ground by default. The experience and fun is what I have in mind when it comes to gaming.

Scarlett Viper

Let's begin the witching hour.
And if you say "It's your fault for playing with that character." .. then wtf?

It's my fault for playing with my main? What's the point of having other characters then?

Might as well remove all low tiers in a patch and just leave a roster of 5.
Gotta say this is a good point.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
But does that mean I think the game is balanced? No, because the toolset of the bottom ten characters and the top ten characters are LIGHT YEARS apart(I.e unbalanced).

I wouldn't say MK9 is that badly unbalanced though.

Some of the bottom 10 only lose like 4-6 to some of the top 10. Than some matches are worse lol

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I don't agree with you at all Juggs, but this post made me laugh out loud lmfao. I respect your mind though. To each his own.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
And that speaks to this communities inability to use top tier. Why everyone hasn't tried Kabal and Kenshi I won't know.
Because Kabal requires FTL hand dexterity and with Kenshi you need to have an IQ of 200 and we all know we MK players are the casual peasants of the FGC. :)

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
And that speaks to this communities inability to use top tier. Why everyone hasn't tried Kabal and Kenshi I won't know.
Lol, shouldn't you like that? Playing the same 2 character's over and over would get boring, no?
On a serious note, you're asking people to put in the time to train and perfect nomad dash canceling? People gotta stay lazy. What is effort?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So a win is not attainable without using these characters? I've been out of the MK9 scene for a little bit but are these the only two characters that consistantly place TOP 2 at majors?
If more people used them they would be. But not enough people do.