What's new

The Tier List According to CD Mani and Coach Steve

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
That's one of the reasons Tremor is so awesome is because each of his variations have really good tools. I'm not claiming Metallic is his best just yet but the meterless damage he has in Lava plus the OTG and a safe low launcher is really solid.

When I have enough time to just sit down I'm going to be making a thread of optimal bnbs through all three variations plus a new hard blockable anti wakeup setup in the corner that's universal.
ah right when you were saying "they dont know about metallic yet" thought you were saying it as in its well his best people just dont know yet, oops haha.

yea i agree, he doesnt have a "bad" variation, unlike say maybe ermac who 99% of time its master of souls, tremor can be 3 variation character.
atm i do think metallic is the "worse" of out the 3 just for what you trade and get when you go through the variations.

i think crystalline is strongest because of safe shatters, plus on block ex shatters and flex (i think crystal summon bit crud though)
trading those things in for a better anti zoning tool and better comboability with the unsafe shatter with aftershock is a good option to have for certain mus (ex ground pulse(dd1) i think is pretty shit and only really good vs quan/pred so far imo)
then with metallic i dunno if the restands are worth the trade as the other two variations wreck 90% wakeups anyway and the launching lava rolling stone is bit slower and ex isnt a plus as the other two variations (which also launch, hard to connect midscreen vs full cast though), even though theres ways around it by using b121,33 it bugs me like how lavas stone punch doesnt give the otg option but that small stuff.

NEW universal hard to blockable? so not the do a stone punch, drop a rock do b3 or end juggle in string~rock drop b3? mind pming me bout that if you want to keep it till you make a thread.
with combos ive started switching out the f4 ones for 4~up punch ones for more damage but i dunno if there as consitent yet or i just dont have them in my muscle memory like i do the f4 ones but when its a up punch i got for meter build combo and get in those mutli stone up punches lol

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
spread the knowledge man
It was mostly basics I was missing like what jails after certain things on hit, the crystal cancel mindgames, when you RC strings with less cancel ADV you keep armor for longer etc. Nothing I'm guessing you don't know already.

carrion4worm

king of the underground
Ermac isnt even on the list...speaks for itself.
Yeah...sad. But I must admit he is fun to play. I picked him up yesterday (m.o.s.) and i'm having a blast...and since you and Nickolasss are the premier Ermac players, what's your go to bnb (meterless and 1 bar)? Please share your knowledge!

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
Yeah...sad. But I must admit he is fun to play. I picked him up yesterday (m.o.s.) and i'm having a blast...and since you and Nickolasss are the premier Ermac players, what's your go to bnb (meterless and 1 bar)? Please share your knowledge!
check the ermac forums mate, v helpful ppl there who can advise on the soul master

carrion4worm

king of the underground
That's Bone Shaper, not Shinnok as a character. Shinnok as a character is not S tier and anyone that says that is either isn't taking into consideration his other variations or just doesn't know as much about the character as a whole as they're willing to let on.
I really feel Shinnok is one of the best. Boneshaper, and Imposter in certain matchups, are devastating. And dead easy.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I really feel Shinnok is one of the best. Boneshaper, and Imposter in certain matchups, are devastating. And dead easy.
Oh god no. Bone Shaper isn't what it was pre-patch, Impostor is wayyyyyyy too matchup dependent to be top tier and definitely not as easy as you're making it out to be. Conveniently enough you've avoided mentioning Necromancer proving my point.

Last edited:

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Oh god no. Bone Shaper isn't what it was pre-patch, Impostor is wayyyyyyy too matchup dependent to be top tier and definitely not as easy as you're making it out to be. Conveniently enough you've avoided mentioning Necromancer proving my point.

You can still jail a f41 after his re-stand, it just requires tighter execution than before. Hellsparks still controls great space, d4 is still great and true links into Hellsparks.

Boneshaper is fine.

Youphemism

You can still jail a f41 after his re-stand, it just requires tighter execution than before. Hellsparks still controls great space, d4 is still great and true links into Hellsparks.

Boneshaper is fine.
I didn't say it wasn't fine, just not what it was pre-patch :p D4 doesn't true link into anything, it jails into sparks on block though if that's what you mean.

Rude

I didn't say it wasn't fine, just not what it was pre-patch :p D4 doesn't true link into anything, it jails into sparks on block though if that's what you mean.
That is what I meant, yes. I don't see why you couldn't make a case that he's in the top 10 at least.

JDM

Noob

Boneshaper is fine.
I don't think you can anymore after the hotfix after the last patch Could be wrong but I thought they changed hellsparks properties.

Youphemism

That is what I meant, yes. I don't see why you couldn't make a case that he's in the top 10 at least.
I think you're misunderstanding, I'm talking about Shinnok as a character not just Bone Shaper. As a character he's not top 10.

Rude

I think you're misunderstanding, I'm talking about Shinnok as a character not just Bone Shaper. As a character he's not top 10.

That doesn't make sense. Not even a little bit. Bone Shaper is a part of the character's kit. So you have to talk about it.

That'd be like saying Kung Lao isn't top 10 because people don't talk about Hat Trick and only play Tempest.

I don't understand.

Rude

I don't think you can anymore after the hotfix after the last patch Could be wrong but I thought they changed hellsparks properties.
D4 Hellsparks on block still works. He can still f41 after his restand, you just need to run first.

From what I can tell, Boneshaper really didn't change THAT MUCH. At least not so much that he's disqualified from the top 10 conversation.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
It was mostly basics I was missing like what jails after certain things on hit, the crystal cancel mindgames, when you RC strings with less cancel ADV you keep armor for longer etc. Nothing I'm guessing you don't know already.
ye ex db2 rc's off the lower cancel adv strings are really good, armored throw attempts lol