What's new

The Tier List According to CD Mani and Coach Steve

carrion4worm

king of the underground
D4 Hellsparks on block still works. He can still f41 after his restand, you just need to run first.

From what I can tell, Boneshaper really didn't change THAT MUCH. At least not so much that he's disqualified from the top 10 conversation.
That;s the hardest thing about "new" Boneshaper's offense. And yes; EASILY top ten. anyone else is playing scrub shinnoks.

JDM

Noob
D4 Hellsparks on block still works. He can still f41 after his restand, you just need to run first.

From what I can tell, Boneshaper really didn't change THAT MUCH. At least not so much that he's disqualified from the top 10 conversation.
You're a 100 percent on this? I know D4xxHellSparks work but I cannot for the life of me get F41 to jail after the restand combo since the hotfiix. It was extremely tight before it and now I thought it was impossible. :x

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
Oh for the love of god, check the patch notes, you arse:
http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Latest-Updates/bg-p/UpdateBlog

If that's still not enough for you, check combo videos from 5 months ago:
(0:38)

It was always a fucking mid.
For the love of god, relax a bit.

It was a mid, he knows that. But you should also know it had whiffing issues so the post he linked referred to as a "special" high because it hit more like a high than a mid.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
You're a 100 percent on this? I know D4xxHellSparks work but I cannot for the life of me get F41 to jail after the restand combo since the hotfiix. It was extremely tight before it and now I thought it was impossible. :x

There's a whole thread about f41 after the restand in the Shinnok forums. Usedcarsalesmang made a video all about it.

Reactions: JDM

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Not how it works lol
So you're telling me each character is one variation? Come on, I'm sure you know basic MKX mechanics better than that.
That doesn't make sense. Not even a little bit. Bone Shaper is a part of the character's kit. So you have to talk about it.

That'd be like saying Kung Lao isn't top 10 because people don't talk about Hat Trick and only play Tempest.

I don't understand.
That's not what I mean. I am taking Bone Shaper into account, noone is taking Necromancer into account.

JDM

Noob
So you're telling me each character is one variation? Come on, I'm sure you know basic MKX mechanics better than that.

That's not what I mean. I am taking Bone Shaper into account, noone is taking Necromancer into account.
It's pretty obvious when talking about a character you'd talk about their best variation. Does Kung Lao not deserve top 3 cause Hat Trick is hideous? Why are we even talking about his worst variation when his best (tempest) covers almost every matchup in the game? And you also have Buzzsaaw to fall back on on a few matchups. Same thing with Shinnok. There's literally no reason to NOT pick Bone Shaper in most matchups so why even talk about the other two? Sure he has two fall back variations but Bone Shaper's chart is just so good that he's clearly a top tier character just on that alone.

Most top tiers have a bad variation or a mediocre one that should not affect the placement of a character negatively on a tier list. It makes no sense

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
It's pretty obvious when talking about a character you'd talk about their best variation. Does Kung Lao not deserve top 3 cause Hat Trick is hideous? Why are we even talking about his worst variation when his best (tempest) covers almost every matchup in the game? And you also have Buzzsaaw to fall back on on a few matchups. Same thing with Shinnok. There's literally no reason to NOT pick Bone Shaper in most matchups so why even talk about the other two? Sure he has two fall back variations but Bone Shaper's chart is just so good that he's clearly a top tier character just on that alone.

Most top tiers have a bad variation or a mediocre one that should not affect the placement of a character negatively on a tier list. It makes no sense
Also every variation should be treated as an individual character. I think it's clear at this point that if there's an MKX tier list without variations, it's most likely based off of the best one that certain character has.

Youphemism

Hat Trick isn't even that bad, you're just proving my point and really not helping your argument lol. If people don't have a knowledge on all variations of a character they shouldn't be insinuating the character is top 5 or whatever. And you think there's no reason to pick Impostor which shows your lack of knowledge about Shinnok and further proves my point. Also
Bone Shaper's chart is just so good that he's clearly a top tier character just on that alone.
this is stupidly worded. Bone Shaper isn't a character, if you're going to talk about something make sure to talk about it properly. Just because one variation is top tier it doesn't make the character top tier. A character is three variations, it's so stupid that I even have to explain this.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Reptiles definitely better than Tremor, he has mids.
As well as a safe high/low game, good armor, solid anti-projectile options, and an extra mobility option. Plus I think he's one of the better characters at dealing with the post-breaker game.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Hat Trick isn't even that bad, you're just proving my point and really not helping your argument lol. If people don't have a knowledge on all variations of a character they shouldn't be insinuating the character is top 5 or whatever. And you think there's no reason to pick Impostor which shows your lack of knowledge about Shinnok and further proves my point. Also

this is stupidly worded. Bone Shaper isn't a character, if you're going to talk about something make sure to talk about it properly. Just because one variation is top tier it doesn't make the character top tier. A character is three variations, it's so stupid that I even have to explain this.
Arguing for the sake of arguing, everybody understands both sides of the argument, but he's right, in reality.

Who gives a shit about hat trick?

Youphemism

Arguing for the sake of arguing, everybody understands both sides of the argument, but he's right, in reality.

Who gives a shit about hat trick?
Lol how is it arguing for the sake of arguing? I'm just explaining basic game mechanics. You think he's right in saying a whole character is one variation?

Eddy Wang :DOGE

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Lol how is it arguing for the sake of arguing? I'm just explaining basic game mechanics. You think he's right in saying a whole character is one variation?

Eddy Wang :DOGE
Because nobody cares lol, if you see an Ermac player that wants the most likely option to win, they're gna go MoS.

So why bother factoring in useless variations to how good a character is as a whole? If 1 variation covers all the options, or covers the most options in the best ways, then that's the character.

Also, hat trick is pretty shite, LBSH.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
As well as a safe high/low game, good armor, solid anti-projectile options, and an extra mobility option. Plus I think he's one of the better characters at dealing with the post-breaker game.
Tremor in Crystalline has maybe the best armour move in the game

I agree that Aftershook is overrated but Cyrstallone is where it's at

I know he lacks mids but unlike Raidens Tremors poke are actually God like and his specials are mids that can be plus on block plus he has the buff (we call it the Flex) he can use his high without any worry

Not saying he's S Tier but he's atleast 1 up

But the rest of the tier list looks really good, I think Kotal is over rated and this looks like a good place for him

Youphemism

Because nobody cares lol, if you see an Ermac player that wants the most likely option to win, they're gna go MoS.

So why bother factoring in useless variations to how good a character is as a whole? If 1 variation covers all the options, or covers the most options in the best ways, then that's the character.

Also, hat trick is pretty shite, LBSH.
It doesn't matter who "cares", if you're gonna talk about a character then you'd discuss them in terms of all their variations since, you know, a character = 3 variations. You can discuss how good a characters best variation is all you want and list tier lists by just each characters best variations too if you like but that's not listing them by character, just by variation.

Be that as it may it's not unviable, just not as good. Still a part of the character.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm

You're arguing semantics and nitpicking just for the sake of it, sir.

Summoner Quan Chi only loses to a handful of characters in the game. His kit is extremely good and very powerful for most match ups. There are very few instances where Warlock is even necessary.

According to your logic, Summoner Quan Chi is not one of the best because Warlock is not as good as Summoner. That's not how it works.

Another example: No one uses Warrior, so Predator can't be a top 5 character. You and I both know that between HQT and Hunter, that's just not true.