What's new

The Tier List According to CD Mani and Coach Steve

Retitle thread "Variation Tier list" instead of "character tier list" so that people don't argue semantics for no reason other than to argue.

Yes a character is 3 variations. Yes the character consists of all of them. So what?

Considering all variations of every character when making a tier list is stupid. You'd end up averaging out the good and bad matchups across all variations... and then Kung Lao would be like B tier because hat trick sucks. Then you'd just have 65 pages of sludge trowling garbage dumping bullshit because you said Kung Lao isn't S tier.

As also previously mentioned, saying that a character variation that is weaker in some matchups makes the character weaker as a whole is like saying a move with no viability means the rest of the character is worse.

Last edited:

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot

I'm not sure if everybody knows about this, but I couldn't find it anywhere on the site so don't blow me up too much if this has already been discussed.
Scorpion in Goros tier? Come on bro...Scorpion isn't that bad and Gordon isn't that good.

Recently, Cd Mani (Formerly known as Cd Jr) and Coach Steve discussed the tier list after the lastest patch, and I must say, I have to agree with them. Check out the video and keep the discussion cordial and respectful. Below is the list of characters they discussed. I'm not going to place the other characters as they did not discuss them.

S Tier
Quan Chi
Predator
Tanya
Shinnok
Kitana
Kung Lao
Cassie Cage

A+
Lui Kang
D'vorah
Johnny Cage
Sonya
Erron Black
Sub Zero
Jax
Reptile

A
Kotal Khan
Kano
Tremor

A-
Goro
Scorpion

B+
Ferra Torr
Jacqui

B
Jason

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Lmao, I don't ask for respect on a forum dedicated to Mortal Kombat. The fuck outta here. Dude, I'm just here having fun on the forum. If you want a medal for leaving your country to practice MK, good for you. Personally, that means nothing to me. I mean sure, I respect it, but it doesn't put you on any pedestal so shut the fuck up about it already. Please stop acting like traveling to tournaments makes you immune to being called out for having the emotional intelligence of a 14 year old girl at a Justin Bieber concert. The moment I call out your skills at the game, then you can give me lectures about travelling and investing in the game. The moment someone like Ra Helios claims to be the best with a character while sitting in his mother's basement, then you can claim it's an insult to those who travel and actually prove it, because it is.

But if I sit here and read shitty idiotic posts, and respond accordingly, keep your "I travel to tournaments, invest, do X and Y for the game/community" which is pretty much your de facto answer for everything. You take this way too seriously. You're just paying money to play a video game. Get off your high horse.

Seeing you lose your shit over some inconsequential posts will never cease to be hilarious. As long as this continues, I have a reason to be on the forums.
Sitting at my mom basement? To bad my mom don't have a basement for me to even sit my ass on a soft cushion.