What's new

The Stick Thread

AC1984

Kaballin!
Great stick!

Organelle, IL is the best choice and Cherry switches too. The Zippy ones are not bad at all to be honest but Cherry is the real thing!

Great stick!

Organelle, IL is the best choice and Cherry switches too. The Zippy ones are not bad at all to be honest but Cherry is the real thing!
Thanks! I just ordered cherry's a couple days ago, can't wait to get em here and put them in. Also did some more modding to the sticks so they look even better, I will post a pic soon.

And here they are. IL sticks with IL convex buttons but with suzo happ raised black border shafts. All springs replaced, cherrys on joysticks, and cherry's on most buttons, just a few more switches to replace.

Thanks! I just ordered cherry's a couple days ago, can't wait to get em here and put them in. Also did some more modding to the sticks so they look even better, I will post a pic soon.

And here they are. IL sticks with IL convex buttons but with suzo happ raised black border shafts. All springs replaced, cherrys on joysticks, and cherry's on most buttons, just a few more switches to replace.
Interesting, what springs did you use to replace the stock springs?

Now that I got my TE sticks, I find that I may like them better then my pdp sticks even with the mods. It seems like it is just easier to execute moves and combos on it. Hmmm ... now I am torn on whether or not I should get the MK layout panel for the TE.

Wenis of Lore

Celestial

This is my custom artwork PDP fightstick with IL buttons and joystick. I was waiting for my friend to come over with his good camera to take some photos, but i'll post em later! I got impatient..... This i took with my camera phone. kinda blurry, grainy, and colors seem off cause of the light reflect...... But i assure you the green buttons go with the green artwork! Once i square away my photos, if anybody is interested i'm gonna try to post the info i compiled to create this artwork like my own template,what material i used, and my method of application. I'd love to have a skilled signature maker help me with the artwork on my next one.... :)

Hope y'all dig it! (as you can see i've main'd Reptile since forever :reptile:)

Jakealo

Noob

This is my custom artwork PDP fightstick with IL buttons and joystick. I was waiting for my friend to come over with his good camera to take some photos, but i'll post em later! I got impatient..... This i took with my camera phone. kinda blurry, grainy, and colors seem off cause of the light reflect...... But i assure you the green buttons go with the green artwork! Once i square away my photos, if anybody is interested i'm gonna try to post the info i compiled to create this artwork like my own template,what material i used, and my method of application. I'd love to have a skilled signature maker help me with the artwork on my next one.... :)

Looks awesome!!! :)

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Anyone know someone parting with a Madcatz TE or Hori RAP for PS3? I don't mind it being used. I can always replace the buttons.

D**N thats sexy!

Hino

Noob
My Arcade Sticks

Hi guys, i'm new to MK games and have been told the new one is awesome and bought it. I was also referred to this site and it looks very promising. I have been modding stick since 2007 and here are some of the jobs i have done over the years. I apologize for them not having MK artwork, but i promise my next stick will ^^

Here are some of the sticks i have owned in the past:

This was my first stick. It was an HRAP 1 (PS2). I modded the joystick with a sanwa JLF, and added Seimitsu Skeleton buttons. I sold it a long time ago.

This baby had a HAPP P360 (Optical Joystick) with HAPP competition pushbuttons and all cherry switches. I just sold this stick and it was moded for PS3

This is the inside of the stick. I padded myself on the back after i did the wiring lol

This stick is the same thing as the one above, except for Xbox 360. I just sold it today.

This is a crappy Red Octane case that i have had for a while. I took out the PS1 pcb and one of the switches doesn't work. Stick is fully stock parts. I do not intend to upgrade, maybe sell or trade. PM if interested >.> lol

This is my personal stick that i use on a daily basis. It is a Street Fighter IV TE Round 1. I added an RJ-45 mod along with an MC Cuthulu so that i can have multiple console compatibility, and an Octagonal gate on the joystick.

Here is the RJ-45 showing along with a hidden switch in the cable compartment for console selection. I have made cords for the following consoles: PS1/2, Xbox 360, PS3, Gamecube/Wii, and will be making a Dreamcast cord soon.

This is probably my all time favorite stick that i have. This is a fully custom made stick. The case is made out of Oak wood, The joystick is a Sanwa JLF and the buttons are skeleton Seimitsu. The artwork for this stick can be printed out of any printer using regular size photo glossy paper. I plan on adding LED mods to this bad boy. Stick is currently for PS3 ^^

Here is s pic of the wiring:

That is all for now. I am currently waiting on a Bocote case that i will try to mod with RJ-45 and LEDs. Will post pics when i'm done with it. I will add MK artwork to the new stick in case you guys were wondering lmao.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Rob, question. Just picked up my first stick, a cheap mczSe for like 30 bux. Just got done modding it with sanwa buttons from Paradise. Any suggestions on a stick/shaft/gate? Its gonna be for MK and I've wired the buttons similar to the OG MK layout. Just don't know if an 8 or 4 way would work best. What sequence does the 8 way register diagonals in MK. Is love to be able to throwdown instant clones/ice balls using diagonals if they in put cardinals in the right order.

-b_s- :headbang:

Dark_Rob

Noob
Rob, question. Just picked up my first stick, a cheap mczSe for like 30 bux. Just got done modding it with sanwa buttons from Paradise. Any suggestions on a stick/shaft/gate? Its gonna be for MK and I've wired the buttons similar to the OG MK layout. Just don't know if an 8 or 4 way would work best. What sequence does the 8 way register diagonals in MK. Is love to be able to throwdown instant clones/ice balls using diagonals if they in put cardinals in the right order.

http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/en/12-sanwa-jlf-tp-8yt-joystick.html
This is probably the best and easiest replacement for the cheap Madcatz SE stick. This is the same stick that comes stock in the more expensive tournament edition.
Personally Im an I.L. user so I like circular gates, however in my opinion the Sanwa JLF is at its best using the stock square gate it comes with. I have tried both the octagonal and circular gates on the JLF and it just felt....well, less precise. They also give the JLF a longer throw which makes it feel loose and unresponsive to me.

TLDR= Sanwa JLF with square gate

EDIT: Oh definitely 8 way. 4 way is for games like pacman where you only need up,left,down,or right

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/en/12-sanwa-jlf-tp-8yt-joystick.html
This is probably the best and easiest replacement for the cheap Madcatz SE stick. This is the same stick that comes stock in the more expensive tournament edition.
Personally Im an I.L. user so I like circular gates, however in my opinion the Sanwa JLF is at its best using the stock square gate it comes with. I have tried both the octagonal and circular gates on the JLF and it just felt....well, less precise. They also give the JLF a longer throw which makes it feel loose and unresponsive to me.

TLDR= Sanwa JLF with square gate

EDIT: Oh definitely 8 way. 4 way is for games like pacman where you only need up,left,down,or right
Thx man!

That's the switchable 8/4 way stick right. Sorry, I'm at work, phones taking forever to download webpages. I WILL turn this 40 dollar stick into a beast. I'll post pics of the mods as I'm doing em. Since its my first and all :D. Side note, this is gonna take a LOT of getting used to lol. But I love it already, the dark side has assimilated me.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Thx man!

That's the switchable 8/4 way stick right. Sorry, I'm at work, phones taking forever to download webpages. I WILL turn this 40 dollar stick into a beast. I'll post pics of the mods as I'm doing em. Since its my first and all :D. Side note, this is gonna take a LOT of getting used to lol. But I love it already, the dark side has assimilated me.

The Sanwa JLF comes stock set for 8way. I believe there is a way to make it 4 way but for every fighting game Ive ever heard of you always want 8 way.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Thx man! Modding and learning this stick is the most fun I've had since I modded my Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier. (name drop!) Does sombody make custom wire bundles for these sticks that loom clean, or is that pretty much DIY?

Hino

Noob
Thx man! Modding and learning this stick is the most fun I've had since I modded my Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier. (name drop!) Does sombody make custom wire bundles for these sticks that loom clean, or is that pretty much DIY?

what custom wire bundles that look clean? For those of you that are new into modding check this link out: www.slagcoin.com This will tell you everything you need to know about arcade sticks. Even how yo build one!

TrickyNick

Weather Man
Hey guys I don't know much about sticks/pads but in the future I do plan on buying the MK stick cause it looks amazing. Im also a bit skeptical with using a stick because it would be such a high learning curve for me. In the mean time im thinking about getting a pad and was hoping you guys may be able to give advice on this particular one. I don't want the madcatz streetfighter pad, and im sorry for putting this post in the stick thread as I couldn't find a pad thread.

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.218524000/categoryId.54297600